Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Hashicorp vault is pretty easy to set up and integrate with Ansible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tamba posted:

You can use letsencrypt certificates without exposing your server to the internet by using the DNS challenge method. A lot easier to set up than messing with your own CA and having to distribute that to all your devices

Yeah, I have npm set up to do it itself and keep them updated. Really simple interface with cloudflare's dns

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

e.pilot posted:

anybody have any good guides for freepbx?

I have a SIP trunk number, I just can't find any good guides and am completely clueless

trying to set up something like emergency oates, for context 719-26-OATES

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1fn6oC5ndU_umAhL9A_1zkC90hMPDPNO

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

cruft posted:

What's everyone using for photos? What would you recommend I run on my Raspberry Pi, with three users, one outside the LAN?

https://github.com/awesome-selfhosted/awesome-selfhosted#photo-and-video-galleries

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
You can just set up nginx reverse proxy, it can enforce mfa in front of any application you're proxying

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
You can tell Plex to auto transcode everything and store it with the original download. That way both versions are available in the same library. Saves the concern with your system not being able to keep up with transcoding. Does have disk space implications tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I assume by resharing you mean torrents. Reads aren't all that stressful for drives, just the writes. Apparently I'm up to a 9200 ratio on my Linux mint ISO now