Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I still haven’t gotten around to figuring out how to dump iCloud Photos onto my nas as a physical backup. I’m extremely annoyed macOS requires the photos library to be stored on the local drive instead of a network drive, otherwise I’d be golden

I’m using the icloudpd docker image and it works great on my synology NAS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

which one are you using? boredazfcuk/icloudpd or icloudpd/icloudpd?

Boredazfcuk

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009
I've finally got around to set up Radarr, Sonarr, Prowlarr, Jellyfin and Jellyseerr on my Synology NAS, and it seems to work well.

One question: What is the workflow supposed to be like, when I add an older TV-show to Sonarr where I also want to download older seasons? For some of the shows it only finds the newest episodes. As far as I've understood, this is intended behaviour since it's based on RSS-feeds from the index providers. Do I then need to grab older episodes manually (which I've seen that I can do in the GUI), or is there a cleverer solution?

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009
Thanks, looks like I have a manual job to do. Does Overseerr add any functionality that Jellyseerr doesn't have?

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009
I'm currently running multiple services on my Synology NAS and am interested in accessing them remotely without the need to install Tailscale on each accessing device. I'm considering setting up a reverse proxy combined with Authelia for centralized access authorization. This setup seems to be a straightforward (and potentially more secure?) method for managing access across all applications.

Additionally, I'd like to share services like Jellyfin and Jellyseerr with a family member who might access them remotely, for example, through an Apple TV. However, I'm concerned that Authelia may not work well with such a setup?

Does anyone have experience with this or suggestions on how I can effectively set up remote access for both my needs? Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.