Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Wanted to chime in here to say that CentOS Stream is now an upstream development branch of RHEL that may not be appropriate for this use case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

rolling your own CA is so fun though :smithicide:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Neslepaks posted:

Rolling your own CA is actually a nightmare and I recommend against it. So many bothersome issues went away when I changed to a LE wildcard instead.

hey serious question, why use LE wildcard? It seems like one of the added values of using LE is that it's easy to get specific certs for each individual system / pool of systems and have them automatically maintained

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

SamDabbers posted:

A wildcard cert could be useful if you only have one IP address and want to do TLS termination on a reverse proxy.

I might be old fashioned then. I make sure to enumerate SANs.

Is this a Good Enough™ (for self hosting) kind of thing, especially considering that LE cert key material is only good for a short period of time?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Corb3t posted:

Can't expect every dirty pirate to want to pay for anything, but yeah, I've been using usenet to automate my entire stack for drat near a decade and I couldn't imagine mucking around on whatever new torrent site is the flavor of the month or whatever. It saturates my 1 Gbps connection and not reliant on somebody else sharing.

I also have Frugal Usenet for $40 a year.

do you feel comfortable sharing your stack

I've been out of the game for almost a decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

What usenet indexers and providers are y'all using these days? For indexers, I'm on nzbgeek and nzbfinder; for providers, Frugal and Eweka. Weirdly, I can't seem to find should-be-popular things -- childhood treasures.

Do I need to add other indexers/providers to the mix?

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 4, 2024