Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

server.local.domain is fine/good, just don't publish it on the public internet. Like you do hopefully split your DNS into public/private roles I hope and then forward queries from your private server to the public one if need be...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unknown
Nov 16, 2002

If you are hosting the hardware, asterisk can easily do it (freepbx if you need the Gui I guess). But you'll still need a telco provider.

Probably something like https://voip.ms is your best bet if you don't want to host anything yourself. (look for the announcement option)

unknown
Nov 16, 2002

THF13 posted:

If you're only hosting one or two things and are using cloudflare already to proxy the domain via cloudflare DNS you may be better off just setting up a cloudflare tunnel right to whatever you're selfhosting and foregoing a reverse proxy and exposing a port on your network at all.

Yeah just do what THF13 says above (quoted). If you don't want to do that (it's a slight pain in the rear end to setup, but then you can leverage more of their zero trust stuff) - you can use CF's list of IPs https://www.cloudflare.com/en-gb/ips/ to put a filter and drop anything else, but that's more to maintain.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002

Nitrousoxide posted:

After pushing people to migrate from pfSense CE to pfSense+ a couple of weeks ago saying it is free, they have abruptly stopped supporting pfSense+ Home+lab (the free pfSense+) now will be charging people hundreds of dollars a year.

https://www.netgate.com/blog/beta-of-pfsense-plus-software-version-23.09
https://www.netgate.com/blog/addressing-changes-to-pfsense-plus-homelab

Glad I never went down this rabbit hole. Feels very Unity like from them.

I'd probably recommend OPNsense going forward. I don't really trust pfSense to keep maintaining their CE version.

Yeah, anyone should have seen that when v23 came out without the CE version (v2.7) and telling everyone to grab the free* homelab version in the meantime this was going to happen.

* - the signup page literally said "We're not charging right now, but will charge in the future!"

It reeks of venture capital attempting to force every little bit of money from places they shouldn't.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002

Ok, finally read the Negate posting about why they did it. Totally thought all the screaming was people getting charged now for pfsense+ home edition. My bad.

They should've expected all of that to happen when they delayed the CE v2.7 update as long as they did. All people wanted was the new intel igc 2.5g drivers in reality - so much so that those aliexpress vendors (of the n5105 all in one units) backported the drivers to 2.6 and shipped their version of pfsense. The amount of fuckups Netgate has done recently (wireguard, bad partitioning, etc) is pretty astounding.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002

Spf says where the email is coming from, and you've got that set. Dmarc is a way for reports to get back to you for analysis of deliverability of your email and yes, you can set quarantine/drop, but really... Dkim is stamping of the email contents as being from the correct source (not source ip though).

Where you are failing is your dkim - its being stamped using the source domain of Gmail.com and not your example.org domain. If you go to workspace (or anywhere else), they'll stamp the emails with your own example.org certificates. Unfortunately, they won't do Gmail.com.

Unfortunately the answer is that you'll need to use a real hosting account for your personal domain. And yes, I know your pain - I've got my own similarly old domain and had to suck it up.

Edit: if you really want to use Dmarc, there's plenty of sites that will do free hosting of the analysis reports like cloudflare, demarcian and such, (highly recommended to do btw), and set your policy to none unless you have everything else setup correctly.

unknown fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 30, 2023

unknown
Nov 16, 2002

Just setup a mail rule (assuming you can do that) in protomail that forwards a copy of mail thats originally destined to your special dualuser account name.

(at least that's what I do at pobox/fastmail)

Edit: reason to do that is mail that travels through gandi will actually fail antispam checks by default. From the perspective of protomail, a message from a Gmail account is actually coming from gandi's servers - not Gmail's server. (Gmail is a bad example since their mail will pass dkim checks, but a domain that doesn't do dkim will now fail both dkim and spf checks).

unknown fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 2, 2023

unknown
Nov 16, 2002

Provided they are not eol (end of life) you can configure them with the unifi app and not setup a controller. You get about 90% of the functionality/configuration options with the app.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002

Cloudflare tunnel is pretty well the best way these days if it's just a website. Gets you free DDoS/waf protection, path routing redundancy, etc. Like obscene that it's free.

It's simple to setup, lots of tutorials/walkthroughs online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unknown
Nov 16, 2002

Cyril Sneer posted:

Thanks, this sort of worked. I'm actually running a fastAPI site, and enabling https is apparently another level of complexity. Sigh.

Psst, cloudflare handles the ssl complexities* for you.

* not that complex.