Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JSON Bourne
Jun 1, 2004
I use certbot with Lets Encrypt and it has lots of plugins for alternative auth methods. I use the DNS challenge method and it will automatically add the record to my public host and validate the cert that way. Let's me use valid certs internally without having to expose anything to the internet for the challenge.

Matt Zerella posted:

Reminder for wild card certs:

*.domain.com

Does not cover:

*.internal.domain.com

So make sure you add both wildcards in your certbot/ngxpm/traefik/acme.sh request.

Unless I'm mistaken, its also worth noting that *.domain.com won't cover domain.com either. But SANs are free with and easy with Lets Encrypt so it's not a big hurdle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JSON Bourne
Jun 1, 2004
I just don't like browser errors when I hit stuff but thats just personal preference.