Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

This Awesome-Selfhosted github has a huge list of free, mostly opensource, software that you can host for a huge range of services.

CopperHound posted:

Photoprism is for organizing your photos. It has facial recognition, auto tagging and a map browser. Right now it only supports a single user and albums are shared with secret links that can be set to expire. I would be excited if there was a way to integrate this with nextcloud for the photo library storage and sharing.

You can set up PhotoPrism to sync new pictures from a WebDAV server like Nextcloud so you can sync your phone to Nextcloud and PhotoPrism will automatically fetch or backup new images to it.

I've tried 3 other photo hosts so far and PhotoPrism has been the best overall for features. I'm going to try damselfly sometime this week, it looks a little more poweruser in the interface, but supports multiple users, facial recognition and more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

I just got pi-hole working on my server so I'm able to ditch the install I had on a pi3 finally. I've got a few things hosted on it right now.
  • Nextcloud - File syncing, Joplin notes, Contacts and Calendar syncing
  • PhotoPrism - Sync photos from my phone automatically with the PhotoSync app
  • Jupyter-Notebook - Anaconda install for programming poo poo
  • Overleaf- Collaborative LaTex document editing
  • I, Librarian - PDF document management system, supports annotating and creates .bib files for easy citing - very similal to Mendeley but doesn't have loving Elsevier behind them
  • Plex - Use it 95% for streaming music to my phone.
  • Gitlab - Classmate needed it for our group project
  • damselfly - Trying this out at the moment. It's murdering my server right now indexing the library I have on PhotoPrism. Been going for hours now doing object recognition I think. It also can link with Azure for facial recognition that I'll try out, need to see if I can sync my phone directly to it though before I decide to switch.
  • Portainer - Web interface to manage my Docker containers that everything is running in.
  • træfik - Reverse proxy for tunneling to domain like nginx

Adolf Glitter posted:

How about Subsonic? No idea about carplay/android auto, but it has (lots) of regular android apps.

To add to that, the Nextcloud Music app hosts a Subsonic/Ampache server. I used it for a few days but didn't like having to dump my whole collection into Nextcloud for it or any of the fdroid apps for streaming. I ended up switching to Plex for steaming to my phone now, the Plexamp app that they have is really good, and you can do transcodes just like with video. I transcode down to 128 cause bluetooth earbuds don't care.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

CopperHound posted:

Do any of you folx have experience with tools to help with organizing containers running on multiple pieces of hardware?
I haven't but Kubernetes is made for it, and it looks like Portainer is just as easily set up to connect to additional nodes for GUI management of containers.

CopperHound posted:

For some reason I thought photoprism had a quick and easy timeline to scroll through. Am I mixing it up with the very much unfinished librephotos?

Yeah, if you browse Folders, it's sorted by date but no smooth timeline.

I liked Lychee, it was by far the fastest of the ones I've tried, but the thumbnails wouldn't load in my map for some reason.
Messed around with damselfly a bit more, gonna hold off on it and see if it gets more features. I really like the map that PhotoPrism and stuff have, it doesn't have GPS stuff yet. The object detection is better than in PhotoPrism, but it's very intensive. I've only got ~5k photos that I was testing it with and it took like 6+ hours for initial loading since it does all the AI tagging for objects + faces. The Azure FACE integration works really good too, but you can't delete bad tags that are generated yet as far as I could find.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

CopperHound posted:

This is from an install I haven't set up with nginx yet, but I imagine that localhost should get replaced by whatever your public address is.

Yup, works with a domain for albums. If you want to share just one photo then copying the link to the image has the api access baked into the URL so it van be viewed without logging in.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

CopperHound posted:

I was looking at this and for the life of me I can't find a way to revoke access to individual photo links like you can with albums.

You can't at the moment since it isn't 'proper' sharing.
https://github.com/photoprism/photoprism/issues/466#issuecomment-697231447
They're planning a real solution for a future release.

FireTora fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 19, 2021