Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

barnold posted:

wow they finally have a launch date? that's pretty sweet. looking forward to November, i played so much CS1.6 on my OG box before they shut the Live servers down and i'm looking forward to playing some of those exclusive maps again

Yup. I remember when it first came out and you'd maybe see 30-50 people online at once......and then it continued to dwindle until there weren't even enough people to have a decent game. That was a sad time. But custom soundtracks totally ruled.

The original xbox was a game changer and probably the most memorable system for me. From collecting points to get my lime green Mountain Dew Xbox, to trading games (TradeGamesNow) through the mail, to Xbox Live........good memories.

Reminds me that I have to remove that clock capacitor.....

RestingB1tchFace fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Tatsuta Age posted:

Anybody have a good tutorial of how I can get a decade+ old softmod working again? I don't have the game I used anymore, I think I did a passaround via mail with goons in like 2006? to get it setup initially. But now it just boots into the regular old Xbox dash (and can't remember the time every time it turns on, which is also a thing to figure out)

I think I modded mine back in the day using Splinter Cell. After doing some internal maintenance (removing clock capacitor, cleaning up motherboard and dust removal), I plugged mine back in and turned it on for probably the first time in a decade or so. Booted right up to XMC. After a few minutes of playing Amped.....I realized that I had little reason to keep it out so it went right back into its box for safekeeping.