Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Joey Freshwater posted:

It's funny to me that somehow Tampa always ends up with one of these teams. Like we can barely sell out Bucs games on a normal year what are they thinking?

The original Bandits were cool and good. Bring back Bandit Ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

AndrewP posted:

so why was Baker all pissed off after the game? they won

Against any other team they probably would've lost, Baker had multiple turnovers that could have lost them the game and in general looked like doodoo. I think he is probably aware that he needs to play better if he's going to keep a starting job in the league long-term

Shrimpy posted:

Aaron Rodgers will take your apologies about his immunization practices any time now.

wait covid toes is a real thing?? wtf I thought that was like, a really dumb and unfunny joke

sweet thursday posted:

The breakers? Breakers of what and whom?

A breaker is another word for a wave so maybe that's it? A little dark in that it could also be looked at as referencing the storm surge breakers from a hurricane...

On the other hand perhaps it's short for shipbreakers? I imagine New Orleans must do some stuff like that... maybe

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

It's funny to me that somehow Tampa always ends up with one of these teams. Like we can barely sell out Bucs games on a normal year what are they thinking?

Strong TB12 logo vibe.

https://twitter.com/USFLBandits/status/1462857034009759749?s=20

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Can’t wait to see him starting for them in 2026

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Baker’s also probably frustrated he was getting booed and feels like he’s at least trying to give his all despite his injuries, which he is. He’s sensitive to critics and does give a poo poo. But he probably also feels pressure cause he knows his performance needs consistency and he’s probably got a contract to get next year. So a bunch of stuff boiling over and probably didn’t want to say something dumb and vent on camera

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bandit Ball is a way better vibe then Buccaneers.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Yeah, Bandit Ball sounds pretty awesome tbh.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The good thing about TFF is we don't need a sticky telling us not to call fans of other teams fascists, chuds, etc because all of our teams suck and are frauds

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

sweet thursday posted:

The good thing about TFF is we don't need a sticky telling us not to call fans of other teams fascists, chuds, etc because all of our teams suck and are frauds

and all our fanbases are full of fascists and chuds without exception. sky is blue, water is wet, etc.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'll reserve judgment until i learn whether or not the New Jersey Generals are owned by Trump again

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

to me, it feels like birmingham always gets a pro team

e:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_in_Birmingham,_Alabama

quote:

The city has had several professional football franchises. The only pro football team currently in Birmingham is the Alabama Outlawz of X-League Indoor Football. Other teams included the two-time champion WFL franchise, the Birmingham Americans/Birmingham Vulcans—before the league folded. A USFL franchise, the Birmingham Stallions–once again the league folded. A WLAF franchise, the Birmingham Fire–the WLAF was renamed NFL Europa and the franchise became the Rhein Fire before the league folded altogether in 2007. A CFL franchise, the Birmingham Barracudas— would play one season and then fold as the league ended its American franchise experiment. An XFL franchise, the Birmingham Thunderbolts–another instance where the league folded. In 2019, the Birmingham Iron of the Alliance of American Football played part of one season before that league also folded.

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 22, 2021

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Gatts posted:

Baker’s also probably frustrated he was getting booed and feels like he’s at least trying to give his all despite his injuries, which he is. He’s sensitive to critics and does give a poo poo. But he probably also feels pressure cause he knows his performance needs consistency and he’s probably got a contract to get next year. So a bunch of stuff boiling over and probably didn’t want to say something dumb and vent on camera

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2232625

quote:

The 26-year-old also rejected any notion that he avoided responsibility for his poor outing by not talking to the media after the game.

"I'd be the first to tell you I played like poo poo," he said. "So, it's not about accountable and I don't owe you guys any of that. I owe that to my teammates and I talked to them, so that's what matters."

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I do think it could be cool if Cleveland got a pro rugby or cricket team to compete internationally

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure that small-time leagues and stadium deals are as much a racket as the big boys, just scaled down

People in Alabama have taxes to dodge and money to launder too, you know

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Vertical Lime posted:

to me, it feels like birmingham always gets a pro team

e:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_in_Birmingham,_Alabama

quote:

the Birmingham Americans/Birmingham Vulcans

Man politics in the 70's had some weird territorial changes going on in mid-Alabama.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

Only because we turned away from god and got rid of Bucco Bruce and the creamsicle unis the undisputed best mascot and uni combo in the game.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1462865067469377539

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

drat, Manningcast is deffo the place to be and must see TV with the best guests

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Bill Parcels must look like Jabba the Hut by now. More manboob than man I'd wager.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Condoleezza rice should be phoning in from prison.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

definitely not watching the second half of this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is what happens when the active-player jinx goes viral

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They are still trying to make Rice a sports fan?

A thing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
She will implement regime change and coach the Seahawks and rebuild them

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
IIRC Condoleeza Rice was rumored to be head of the NCAA after her time in the Dubya White House.

She does know her sports so she'll be able to actually contribute to the conversation.

Also

Fate Accomplice posted:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Condoleeza Rice has been on the FBS Championship Playoff committee since its inception

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://youtu.be/mPqB66gZAcc

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

wasn’t she in the running for Browns coach? Lmao

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

CharlestheHammer posted:

They are still trying to make Rice a sports fan?

A thing.

Uhh she is. A large one. She’s also a despicable person.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1462864519093362688?s=21

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Uhh she is. A large one. She’s also a despicable person.

No I mean for a while there was a thing were people talked about isn’t it crazy Rice is into sports?
they eventually let it go as no one cared so it’s weird to see it coming back

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Gatts posted:

She will implement regime change and coach the Seahawks and rebuild them

We'll greet her as liberators!

*five years later*

Coach Rice has the full confidence of the owner, Jeff Bezos Clone Gamma,

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Doltos account confirmed

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Alaois posted:

Condoleeza Rice has been on the FBS Championship Playoff committee since its inception

That's a net negative really

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

That's a net negative really

it's! the playoff committee fuckin sucks!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Perhaps Mina is a goon. :tinfoil:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Alaois posted:

it's! the playoff committee fuckin sucks!

Counterpoint: Cincinnati getting owned is very funny

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Fate Accomplice posted:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Rice has been gone from the committee since 2016 by the way. But it was really dumb she was ever there even though I do believe she actually watches games.

Also the playoff committee still sucks, Cinci should be in, and it will also be funny when Notre Dame jumps them and the world explodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grittybeard posted:

Rice has been gone from the committee since 2016 by the way. But it was really dumb she was ever there even though I do believe she actually watches games.

Seems like this runs counter to the committee mission.