Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Counterpoint: Cincinnati getting owned is very funny

Say Only The College One

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gatts posted:

Perhaps Mina is a goon. :tinfoil:

Mina if you post here come to the AFC N thread it's the only good thread

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Yes we have, like, crab cakes and over stuffed sandwiches and this chili that goes on spaghetti and the Midwest has the best beer in the US. Come home to AFCN, Mina

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Rice taking over the ncaa makes perfect sense because they really need someone to get in there and crush the nia poo poo and make those students understand the only people allowed to profit from college sports is the rich old fuckers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cavauro posted:

Say Only The College One

I thought that was implied but yes, the college one

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1462884861895712776?s=21

Maybe this is why he’s not starting qb.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/jeff_rosen88/status/1462628613480718340

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I want ncaa football video game back but like 2004 era quality omfg if they try to just dump their poo poo madden model with texture swaps I will be furious.

Madden is so loving bad ultimate team is a loving plague

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Bigger

Djones

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

What in the world does Hill have over the Saints FO?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Mina if you post here come to the AFC N thread it's the only good thread

I wonder how she feels about birds

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hill making more and more money by doing less and less is the most insane sports story

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

scrolling past this I thought this was a repost of the last weirdo contract he signed...less than a year ago?

is this an edit to that one?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--apparently not, signed today and this one isn't voidable without paying at least 40 million, they could have gotten out of the last one.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hill making more and more money by doing less and less is the most insane sports story

I was absolutely sure Schefter was just clarifying something about the contract he signed before the season, but nope.

Sean Payton has too much say and has entered the Hue Jackson phase of his career going all in on someone he knows is my only theory?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

it's gotta be some weird contract designed to save some 2022 cap right

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fate Accomplice posted:

scrolling past this I thought this was a repost of the last weirdo contract he signed...less than a year ago?

is this an edit to that one?

His last contract is well.... okay, it's two contracts because the Saints are a magical team:

quote:

Taysom Hill signed a two year, $21 million contract with the Saints on April 27, 2020. Hill received $17.439 million in guarantees including an $8 million signing bonus. Hill was a restricted free agent at the time of signing. This contract would be the equivalent of a one year $16.359 million extension.

Hill restructured his contract on March 14, 2021 converting $9.686 million of his 2021 salary into a signing bonus and adding for voidable years for cap purposes. The move creates $8.9 million in cap space for the Saints and adds that much dead money in 2021.

So this deal replaces those 4 voided years with new money? I don't loving get it, It's Taysom Hill, you could get this same production from a random 3rd down back you draft in the 4th round, what is going on?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

On one hand, the offense is a loving dumpster fire without him, on the other hand, the man is made of leftover tissue paper.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32692297/new-orleans-saints-taysom-hill-agree-four-year-deal-pays-according-position-sources-say

quote:

Hill, hobbled by injury, has appeared in seven games this season, completing seven pass attempts for 56 yards. He has 20 carries, as well, for 104 yards.

I just...

It's not like he's young either, the guy is 31.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Ok so what money laundering scheme is going on with Hill.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ok so what money laundering scheme is going on with Hill.

I assume in like a year some obscure clause will kick in and the Saints will have $38 million in extra cap space because Mickey Loomis is a Sith Lord.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

[url]

It's not like he's young either, the guy is 31.

Holy poo poo. I thought he was in his mid-20s. He’s already past his physical peak and he’s always sucked.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

Holy poo poo. I thought he was in his mid-20s. He’s already past his physical peak and he’s always sucked.

Right? Like you'd think, oh this is some kind of weird trick to do ????

It's not like he's even Cordarelle Patterson finally getting unlocked on the Falcons.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Maybe he's marrying the owner's daughter and he has a terminal illness so this is a good thing actually with the Saints being nice to him by making his NFL dreams come true. Someone keep an eye out if John Cena visits NOLA.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Legit have no clue what they see in him. Feels like at best a guy you pay a couple million to be a 4th/5th receiver who can maybe do a handful of trick plays with. If he had the ability to be an NFL QB, they would have turned things over to him by now.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Is Rice the first war criminal to go on the Manning cast?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Lebron James has already been on the Manningcast and supports the govt. of China so Condi is probably the second.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Niwrad posted:

Legit have no clue what they see in him. Feels like at best a guy you pay a couple million to be a 4th/5th receiver who can maybe do a handful of trick plays with. If he had the ability to be an NFL QB, they would have turned things over to him by now.
This is 100% Sean Payton loving the dude as a person and convincing himself he's going to play like the love-child of Steve Young and Rich Gannon any week now.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

So are the Bills not good now?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

This is 100% Sean Payton loving the dude as a person and convincing himself he's going to play like the love-child of Steve Young and Rich Gannon any week now.

Yea, it’s this.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

EmbryoSteve posted:

So are the Bills not good now?

I am afraid....they were never good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://uproxx.com/sports/saints-taysom-hill-contract-extension-details-nfl-fan-reaction/

quote:

NFL Fans Are Convinced Taysom Hill’s Big Contract Extension Is A Money Laundering Scheme

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

anyone checked the catholic church's pedophile defense coffers? Did it get anywhere between 22 - 90 million recently?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Through a series of machinations I went to a saints practice and Taysom Hill had massive suck up to the coach energy.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Spoeank posted:

Through a series of machinations I went to a saints practice and Taysom Hill had massive suck up to the coach energy.

I'd suck up too for that contract

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
taysom hill must be drat good to get paid $10 mil a year to suck up to sean payton. usually you can get someone to suck up for like $50 on any street corner

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

really queer Christmas posted:

anyone checked the catholic church's pedophile defense coffers? Did it get anywhere between 22 - 90 million recently?

He's Mormon. The church needs to keep those coffers filling

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

What's Condi's 40y time

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

sweet thursday posted:

What's Condi's 40y time

4.5 seconds from when the drone is in range and a middle eastern person turns red

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

They already had Tom Br*dy on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1462946218078732291?t=pt47uT9DF8UflMvn3ShVgg&s=19