Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

He seemed more cripplingly depressed then actually lazy to me. Not that I know anything about crippling depression or anything.

Wasn't he hosed up on booze and pills even long before the back surgery poo poo? I think he mostly just ran into the same problem tons of peope who win the lottery do, where the need to work to make money going away and leaves them with nothing to fill it but a bunch of bullshit and they end up miserable. Not that I think work is the only thing of value people can do with their lives, obviously, but it's demonstrably true that it does provide some sort of structure or purpose to a lot of people's lives, and our society isn't particularly built around the idea of finding those things elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU