Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

The shipping for my package updated-it's been 19 days since the last tracking update. Hopefully will arrive this week

Infidel Castro posted:

One year I got a metal statue of Kali. It was the weirdest, most random thing I ever got and therefore, the coolest.

Y'know, back in the days when my santa actually bothered to send stuff.

Have you got a new Santa from ReSass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Battle Pigeon posted:

The shipping for my package updated-it's been 19 days since the last tracking update. Hopefully will arrive this week

Have you got a new Santa from ReSass?

Not that I know of, no.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

My Santee must not have sent me Kurt Russel cause it can’t loving escape from LA. :mad:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Tiaz when do I get to resass someone!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I was hoping to post everything in one go, but it turns out mail sent from North America to Australia transits via Venus, and I'm still waiting on A Thing. So I'll post the first bits now rather than waiting any longer!
What's this in my mailbox...? Envelopes from a distant land! With a post date of... one and a half months ago! Yikes
Containing-

-a Christmas card that I think is pretty cool and my kids think is excellent. It also notes that "a handmade... er, whatever it is" is on the way. I await the... thing... with great anticipation and slight terror. We also have-

-some really lovely cards made by a local artist (and a conversation starter with my sister who's visited Portland and Has Opinions.)
So, thankyou for the very cool stuff Kafka's Goldfish! And sorry that mailing stuff to Australia is such a pain in the sassmas. I look forward to finding out what the Handmade Thing is, and will post it here, unless our border security agents have decided it is a threat to national security.
Merry sassmas!!!

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Tiaz when do I get to resass someone!

Still nothing for Xmas for me, but endangering our private convo, I got my printer up and running. So expect some disturbing Mando prints.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Droogie posted:

Still nothing for Xmas for me, but endangering our private convo, I got my printer up and running. So expect some disturbing Mando prints.

Oh hell to the yes.

I might just SASS you back. Or would that be SAKS? Something Awful Known Santa?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

sassback

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Hmm I was waiting for an assignment of some sort. Anybody get missed want to request a reSASS?

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Soul Dentist posted:

Hmm I was waiting for an assignment of some sort. Anybody get missed want to request a reSASS?

Has anyone heard from Tiaz since he announced reSASS?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Droogie posted:

Has anyone heard from Tiaz since he announced reSASS?

No, and I've messaged him a few times.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
As I recall tiaz doesn't handle resass, someone else in here does

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

vortmax posted:

tiaz posted:

If, on the 14th, the above describes you, please PM or email me then.
On the 15th I'll assign you to one of the volunteers (if available) and hopefully you'll get un-shafted.

He said he wasn't handling any "re-re-sass" in the same post, but ot seems concerning that it's been 12 days since he said he would do a thing and hasn't. I know he's a busy guy. Hope he's okay.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

vortmax posted:

His post said to PM him directly.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Infidel Castro posted:

Double dang it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I messaged him about a week ago and then again just now. If we don't hear from him by February 1st, I'd be happy to try and help organize.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Bwahahaa. I opened my mailbox today and discovered the final bit of my SASSmas gift from Kafka's Goldfish. I have received something wonderful, a festive hand-sewn miniature decorative Vlad the Impaler wall hanging! I was surprised and delighted to get a festive hand-sewn miniature decorative Vlad the Impaler wall hanging in the post. In fact as soon as I opened it, I called my wife and told her we are now the proud owners of a festive hand-sewn miniature decorative Vlad the Impaler wall hanging. I currently enjoying the warm glow of being the only person on this entire continent to own a festive hand-sewn miniature decorative Vlad the Impaler wall hanging!
Thanks, Kafka's Goldfish, for this entirely unique present. I showed it to our ten-year-old and told her it's basically the physical version of her beloved pixel art. She said it was pretty cool, and that she recognised Vlad. Great stuff!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Tree Bucket posted:

I have received something wonderful, a festive hand-sewn miniature decorative Vlad the Impaler wall hanging! I was surprised and delighted to get a festive hand-sewn miniature decorative Vlad the Impaler wall hanging in the post.

Glad it arrived. Thanks for being such a good sport about the wait time and the wacky gift. I was very tempted to take a shot (sip) of Emily Spinach's gift of Malort each time you wrote "festive hand sewn miniature decorative Vlad the Impaler wall hanging"! Best wishes to you and your family this new year.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

OH MY GOSH MY SANTA GIFT CAME AND IT’S FROM CALIFORNIA WHICH IT TRIED TO LEAVS THREE TIMES

Look at this fine calligraphy. Sasquatch (the husband) thought it was faaaancy. (It is)

Holy hoard, Batman! Most of this came in the sweet reusable bag, too! (It smells AMAZING)

There are dates of different coatings and things EVERYWHERE. I am the whitest Canadian and I’ve never had any date or date related products, so this is going to be neat!

These are what we’re in the wrappings (including some Authentic California Paper Towel!) I’m extremely excited about the sauces - my best friend’s boyfriend has severe allergies to almost everything but it looks like he’ll be able to try these!

And who may you ask is the wonderful benefactor?

I’M NOT WORTHY, HOLY gently caress

Mr and Mrs Genesplicer, I am honored and touched by your gifts. I’ve been to California exactly once, but I was hoping to return to try and have a honeymoon that was cancelled on me in April 2020! This must be fate.

And now to end this post with a picture of my new cat Spud who has only been here two weeks and loves destroying paper. Thank you.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

hell yeah festive hand-sewn miniature decorative Vlad the Impaler wall hanging

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

peanut posted:

hell yeah festive hand-sewn miniature decorative Vlad the Impaler wall hanging

It's probably the first time that phrase has ever been uttered. So, you know, I wanted to get a good amount of use from it.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Infidel Castro posted:

Oops I've got eggnog on my face now :ohdearsass:

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Bump to continue the Tiaz watch.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
No replies from tiaz. Who here wants to be a ReSanta and who needs a ReSanta?

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Cowslips Warren posted:

No replies from tiaz. Who here wants to be a ReSanta and who needs a ReSanta?

I'd say I need a Santa, but you've been very vocal and already have my address. So.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I will ReSanta.

Hopefully Tiaz is okay.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Again volunteering to reSanta

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

In spite of being happily married, Cowslips is clearly my internet girlfriend and I don't care who knows it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Droogie posted:

In spite of being happily married, Cowslips is clearly my internet girlfriend and I don't care who knows it.

I don't live in Canada though.

We can pretend.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I don't live in Canada though.

We can pretend.

It's better that way.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

quote:

January 24, 2022, 2:52 pm
Departed
(Country)
Your item departed a transfer airport in (country) on January 24, 2022 at 2:52 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

That was the last update from USPS on the 24th, but the local tracking doesn't have it down as arriving at all. That's another year of nothing arriving, though this time at least not through my goon benefactor's fault!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Droogie posted:

It's better that way.

Box arrived?

Edit: who is still needing a reSass?

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 9, 2022

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Box arrived?

Edit: who is still needing a reSass?

And how!

My house has been blessed by the house Cowslips, who is just the god drat sweetest.

My wife texted that there was a "box with a bee on it" that arrived yesterday while I was at work.

Several gorgeous acrylic pours. The photos do not reflect the depth of color or the shininess of... shine in them. I recruited best friends Marzipan (doggo) and Zed to uh... "help."

Zed was enamored with several poured ornaments, all of which are plastic, thankfully. She claimed them immediately and I had to recover a few from under the couch after just two minutes.

The box also contained

a complete little betta setup with filtration, that my wife immediately claimed for her k/pre-k classroom

Some good mints and a string of great LED lights that I plan on putting in my office/studio.

Some appropriate magnets for the house (guest appearance by Spaulding).

And... hoo boy, this thing.

...which Mrs. Droogie suggested I immediately throw into the fireplace, but that I declined.

https://imgur.com/gWTm0ev
Imgur isn't allowing sound on this for some reason, but I think you're better for it.

And here's a bonus following all that excitement.
https://imgur.com/OcDrNpx

Thanks for rescuing SASSmas, Cowslips!!

...and are you okay, Tiaz? I have a ceremonial candle lit for you.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Happy late SassMas, Droogie! :D

Goons, who needs a ReSass? And who can ReSass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I can reSASS. If someone just wants to SASS again that's cool too