Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Captain Muffin posted:

YASSSSS - My Apache attack gunship finally arrived from down under. You have no idea how hard these things are to get hold of here.

Yessss. I can't believe how long it's taken for my stuff to reach you- my santa's stuff is still en route. Posting to/from Spider Island sucks.
It's great that everything was so well received, especially by the youngest person in the household. Even if some of it was spelled wrong??? Anyway I had several copies of the bird book and different coffee dragon mugs made up for christmas, so I can guarantee yours are the only ones in the entire northern hemisphere!
Thanks for a great first SASS. I'm looking forwards to SASS22 already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Hey, do you still have that lumberjack safety hat I made you ages ago? I thought of it the other day when I found the rest of that reflective thread.

Unfortunately no. It met an untimely but glorious end during a coffee break, when I set my stuff on-top of the machines tires. Guess who forgot the hat on the tire, and promptly drove over it with a full load of lumber :finland:

JointHorse fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 19, 2022

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

JointHorse posted:

Unfortunately no. It met an untimely but glorious end during a coffee break, when I set my stuff on-top of the machines tires. Guess who forgot the hat on the tire, and promptly drove over it with a full load of lumber :finland:

safety hat valhalla

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

peanut posted:

This is me. You messaged me on the portal that it arrived... but then you posted this so it didn't arrive... I hope it gets to you soon!!

Peanut, the gift has arrived after being unlocked from its Canada post related prison!

1. Cat skull: cool as heck
2. Decorations: A+ (My partner and I still reference this dumb golden man post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3750059&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post452511590 so the dragula one is extremely funny) also hail Santa!
3. Many assorted snacks! Very powerful, I’ve actually had crunky before, and my partner is very excited to assemble the toilet candy as well! Also if your note of “delicious to humans AND cats” was a long con to get me to eat cat food, then the joke is on you because me and the cats fuckin love it!
4. That card is absolutely excellent!
5. The New Years wreath will be saved for my new house (we’re changing from renting to buying so that wreath will bless the new place!)

Thanks again, and merry SASSmas everyone!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

:peanut: :peanut: :peanut:

You're welcome, Mezzanon!!!! The katsuobushi is real.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B22m2ZIFe0o

And Droogie, those are the same as the box of skulls that is still heading your way, very slowly, by ship and surface. <3

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

JointHorse posted:

This is a better answer than I could have possibly hoped.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Wow, why haven't I thought about katsuobushi as cat treat before? This opens a whole new world of possibilities.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

peanut posted:

And Droogie, those are the same as the box of skulls that is still heading your way, very slowly, by ship and surface. <3

Rad! They're better than I ever imagined.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
A belated thank you to Emily Spinach for all my gifts!

This awesome bit of handmade wood art:

This adorable mug that I haven't stopped using since I unwrapped it. Along with this mystery stuff called Malort. Which I have never heard of or tasted before. But now I have. I imagine it's what a beetle sandwich tastes like:

So, so much delicious honey. One of my favorite things to eat is honey toast. So excited to try all these:

Here's a family portrait of my gifts, along with the most adorable mushroom wrapping paper. No Malort in the picture, though. Because I asked it to leave and never come back to my home.

Thank you so very much, Emily Spinach!

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
Malort as a SASS gift foisted upon the unsuspecting is a god-mode gift. Nice job Emily Spinach.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

I had bought some Malört hand sanitizer to send to my Santee, but alas, alcohol-based sanitizers cannot be shipped outside the U.S. Where's my freedom dammit?!
:911:

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

nashona posted:

I had bought some Malört hand sanitizer to send to my Santee, but alas, alcohol-based sanitizers cannot be shipped outside the U.S. Where's my freedom dammit?!
:911:

Does this both smell and taste like a pile of rotting beetle carcasses?

Honestly, spraying this around the house would keep the devil away.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Mezzanon posted:

I'm so glad to hear it made the trek (semi)safely! Please post BA merch pics if you can!

TO MY SANTA: My partner has notified me that I have a mysterious package, so I hope to update with some pictures later tonight!

Here it is!

Very cool! i dont have a record player but i was actually thinking of getting one before this even arrived so its a good excuse to commit to getting one haha

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

RepeatingMeme posted:

Here it is!

Very cool! i dont have a record player but i was actually thinking of getting one before this even arrived so its a good excuse to commit to getting one haha

Niiiice. BA is a legend among the goonmunity on Vancouver Island. We used to turn out in force for his performances.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

More like dearly departed lmao gottem

(Heading to EU. How long does this usually take anyway?)

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Pixelante posted:

Niiiice. BA is a legend among the goonmunity on Vancouver Island. We used to turn out in force for his performances.

He’s a legend all across Canada, and his merch is always top notch.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Mezzanon posted:

He’s a legend all across Canada, and his merch is always top notch.

One time I touched greatness. He was really sticky.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

New phone new camera new resizer app.

Mr. Peanut is in love with this mug.

Thanks again!!!! :peanut:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Daemonicus
Sep 21, 2004
I got my SASS gifts, all the way from The Netherlands!

So much great stuff.

Because I've got the caffeine intolerance and I don't inherently read the Dutch very well, I had to enlist the help of Google to translate the ingredients of the snacks.

Looking good

Uhhh

UHHHH

UHHHHHHHH!

Whatevs, turnip vegetable oil, donkey soe butter, drinking buddies, and cum butter wafers are pretty damned tasty. Sadly I can't eat the Hopjes, but they're gonna find a great home that will love them very much.

Thank you, Sioux, it's all amazing!

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Daemonicus posted:

UHHHHHHHH!

I got some of these in my gift from WindowLiquor and in addition to being delicious, they're now known as cum butter wafers in my house. :hellyeah:

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Daemonicus posted:

Thank you, Sioux

Glad you finally got it! Those boterbabbelaars are now forever known in my household as cum butter wafers as well, love it!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

IT'S FINALLY HERE!

It took a long while but it finally arrived! And in one whole piece as well! I'm currently at work so I will post photos tonight when I can, but it's here!

These bees have traveled the entire globe to be here and I can't wait to see what's inside.

EDIT: IT'S BEES!

Also, a whole lot of lovely gifts from the United Kingdom! No Tea, though. I live near a bay.

Things not shown:
- A plush bee keychain that was claimed for my wife's computer desk collection.
- a knit shrimp that was also claimed for the same.
- A book on local ghost stories and a lovely postcard of a local witch. Kept out of the shot for location/privacy.
- Barely in the shot are some lovely socks as well, and another plush bee under the Lifeboat cloth.

It's all so amazing! Thank you so much Hemlock for all the lovely gifts!

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 24, 2022

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Ah, the rear end-kicking I ordered got here.
Wait, I didn't order an rear end-kicking...

A box full of neat Wisconsin-themed stuff! Unfortunately I could not find a note or anything identifying my secret Santa, but I'm really happy with the package!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Secret Stadium Sauce is doooooooope

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Daemonicus posted:

Uhhh

UHHHH

UHHHHHHHH!

Whatevs, turnip vegetable oil, donkey soe butter, drinking buddies, and cum butter wafers are pretty damned tasty. Sadly I can't eat the Hopjes, but they're gonna find a great home that will love them very much.

Thank you, Sioux, it's all amazing!

I read all this in Tina Belcher's voice.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Whoop whoop!

Turns out I like it just fine. The "Super" mentholated one is my favorite, and my wife loves all of them because they remind her of her black sambuca says

E: This is only tangentially related to SASSmas but it's a gift I bought myself inspired by the thread

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
It took month and a half, but my gift from santa finally arrived!

Yep, it's definitely from my SASS Santa.

Open that bad boy up and it's a partysaurus + a note!

And whaddayaknow, it's filled with stuff!

First up, a baseball cap for a team I don't know, and cheesy goldfish crackers.

Then some useful stuff: tire pressure gauge with actually usable pressures, and a rain poncho.

Motherfucking PEEEEEEPS and NEEEEEEERDS!

And more candy! Girthy candy cane, and chocolate nougat.. things. (don't know the English word for these type of candies :v: )

Spicy candy, and an appropriate spray to use, when I'm blasting my soul out from my rear :kingsley:

Authentic Hallmark Xmas ornament kitsch, and KITTY ICE MOLDS :nyan:

Time for the weird stuff: Bag of trash bags, and a puzzle of a random teen TV character, oh my! :monocle:

And to finish things off: Baby food, and a local gossip magazine, oh my! :magical:

- - - - -

Well, I said I wanted local everyday things that I can't find in Finland, and my santa delivered!
Thank you my mysterious Santa, you made my day, and probably my month with these! :kimchi:

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

The team is the Green Bay Packers FYI.

Looks like you got some tasty treats too!

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

JointHorse posted:

It took month and a half, but my gift from santa finally arrived!

Well, I said I wanted local everyday things that I can't find in Finland, and my santa delivered!
Thank you my mysterious Santa, you made my day, and probably my month with these! :kimchi:

Apparently 45 days is the new normal length to ship something from Wisconsin to Finland. :negative:

In any event, I'm glad you enjoyed it and in the spirit in which it was intended which was, for the record, me doing my research and then getting absolutely shithoused at an adjacent bar before going to the store to shop for gifts. :)

JointHorse posted:

Time for the weird stuff: Bag of trash bags, and a puzzle of a random teen TV character, oh my! :monocle:

And to finish things off: Baby food, and a local gossip magazine, oh my! :magical:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

IMJack posted:

Ah, the rear end-kicking I ordered got here.
Wait, I didn't order an rear end-kicking...

A box full of neat Wisconsin-themed stuff! Unfortunately I could not find a note or anything identifying my secret Santa, but I'm really happy with the package!

Twas me, again sorry for it being so late.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
still following this thread, even though I didn't participate.

Does anyone know of the weirdest / creepiest stuff someone got?

Has there been a jar of fingernails, or something? Because I have ideas sometimes, but I try to not listen to them :lol:

I"m going to start collecting random poo poo, though I think, so I can sass-up this year.

also

TheDK posted:

Follow up to this, we finally have some winter weather so the socks are coming in handy:
https://i.imgur.com/o9v3V9n.mp4

The dog seemed to take to them with no issues, have they used the socks or something like that in the past? I had one dog a long time ago that would just drop on his side and not move with the booties.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

blight rhino posted:

Has there been a jar of fingernails, or something? Because I have ideas sometimes, but I try to not listen to them :lol:

I"m going to start collecting random poo poo, though I think, so I can sass-up this year.

also

The dog seemed to take to them with no issues, have they used the socks or something like that in the past? I had one dog a long time ago that would just drop on his side and not move with the booties.

From Austria: A wax arm, in a wicker box, with a typed letter that had multiple murder newspaper stories as borders.

The wafers it came with were tasty!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

blight rhino posted:

also

One year I got a metal statue of Kali. It was the weirdest, most random thing I ever got and therefore, the coolest.

Y'know, back in the days when my santa actually bothered to send stuff.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Haha what's the weirdest gift tell me as a joke. I wonder what it smells like just for a laugh haha

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Someone (not me) got a really detailed diorama of the Cadaver Synod one year.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Didn't a goon get a new iPhone one year?

My oddest (but one of the coolest) was a homemade bee pinata. My Santa lived a few hours from me. And dropped the box right at my door. Which was a little worrisome, but the candy was awesome. I was sad breaking the pinata to get it though.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I got a hand-painted toilet seat one year.
The lid had a painting of Hulk Hogan and "Whatcha gonna do..."

The inside of the lid said "when Hulkamania"
And on the seat "Runs wild on you?!"

There were also two pieces of alligator jerky and wooden bee ornaments.

It was a *terrible* painting of the Hulkster, and couldn't actually be used as a toilet seat unless I wanted all the paint coming off, but oh I laughed and laughed, and thought it was hilarious.

I was loving crushed when I was looking for it later and my dad told me he threw it out.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
One year I got increasingly unhinged xmas cards delivered over a couple of weeks before the actual box arrived.

I stole that idea for my santee the next year :getin:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

blight rhino posted:

also

Nope! She tolerates a lot of dumb crap we make her do though so I wasn't too surprised once she got over the initial kitten mittens phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

blight rhino posted:

I instantly think of the meal worm console. Someone got a... GameCube? Dream cast? That was deliberately packed with meal worms. That was weird. Unless that was a bit. Sometimes hard to tell.

My first year I got a single scratched up ps2 disk not in a sleeve or case. It was just in a shipping envelope and it didn't work. No sender information.