Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Oooh, it's that time again!

Good thing I just bought something for SASS, so no late-minute-buying-and-package-sending this time around. Though this also means I'm already set on my gift, so uh sorry santee if you had a long post about what you like/dislike, you're getting this art book no matter what :tfrxmas:

As for me and my santa, I'm just gonna quote an old post:

JointHorse posted:

I'm a 3840 year old dude, living somewhere on the west coast of Finland.
If you're planning to send food/candy, then please avoid anything with nuts, kiwi, apple, or pear. Allergies are fun!
My hobbies are mainly in electronics (think Raspberry Pi / Arduino), playing games (PC and boardgames), and keeping my rustbucket of a car on the road.
And once summer rolls around, I might give camping a go.
I'm OK with anything, NSFW things included. So maybe send weird local stuff, or even well known things for you but not available abroad.
Also this time around, I'm back at school learning about metalworking, specifically machining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

peanut posted:

PM me for skulls

I love this thread

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
Oh yes I was waiting for this.
Dear Santa:

I love you.

Dear Santee:

I hate you.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
They both love you too

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
I love reading this thread. You people are so nice to each other. It's amazing, and I wish it was possible to take part.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Participated twice, received nothing. Going to pass.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

No. 6 posted:

Give me your address and I'll send you a very belated super-santa present. Everyone deserves to be SASSed.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

No. 6 posted:

There's usually a ReSASS that happens afterwards for those that didn't get anything. Did you sign up to any of those?

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010

Tree Bucket posted:

How does this work for international goons? I'd love to give it a shot, but I don't want to make anyone pay for postage to Australia...

Sometimes you get a New Zealand goon and the lady at the post office doesn't tell you there's options, and then they get warm socks in March. When they need them! So yeah, it wasn't that expensive, but also like it's the joy of giving... North America bees to you. To trade for your death spiders. :)

Edit:

Oh hey there Santa!

I'm a work from home since before it was cool goon. I love neat weird things to add to my home office, shiny objects, cool rocks, yarn, candy, candles, things for my dogs. Oh and I'm a pretty stereotypical white lady. So like whatever dangerous animals you have, just like put them in a box and I'll just love on them.

Santee,

The scrolls have foretold of your doom. There will be blood, oh yes, there will definitely be blood...

Merry Christmas!

Slightly Used Cake fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 21, 2021

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

SunChips posted:

true story, i invented the SASS acronym, and started the first splinter site. i am not proud of it, it is what is is, wasted a bunch of my life trying to bring down a man who was crying for help through the laughter. at the end he was a piece of poo poo no lie but i can't help but wonder if our treatment of him affected his trajectory

i was the idiot who ran somethingawful sycophant squad and before that, daily drama. im sorry to all of you for any harm caused. oh how we grew up

I thought SASS was some kind of javascript/css thing :confused:

No. 6 posted:

Unfortunate, but you of all people must realize that it's difficult to get packages in to The Village.
More seriously getting shafted is a risk. Different ways of mitigating this have been tried over the years, but anonymous messaging and reminder emails have proven to be the most effective (along with reSASS as noted). There are relatively few deadbeats, sorry you caught it twice.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Dear Santa,

I am a 35 year old female Goon in the Midwest (not too far from Lee's Summit, actually). I currently work from home doing medical records, which means I spent 90% of my time alone with my cat. My hobbies include quilting, knitting socks, embroidery, board games but not the really complicated ones, reading both fiction and nonfiction, thrifting, volunteering at a cat shelter, and trying to convince my aquarium fish not to die. I am also an Idiot King in PYF where I mostly use my powers to change thread titles.

Things I like:
--vintage and antique jewelry, especially lockets and Southwestern turquoise at the moment
--cabinet of curiosities stuff (gems and minerals, fossils, bones, bugs under glass, etc).
--I am trying to teach myself how to cook! I could use some nicer utensils.
--any kind of baked good and any kind of handmade ornament
--slightly larger than standard size coffee cups

Things I don't like:
--NSFW/NMS
--scented items like candles or lotions because they can trigger migraines
--salmiakki

Dear Santee:

Hope you like bees!

zenless
Feb 13, 2005
I've been lazy and too late to sign up and always jealous of people getting random gifts..

41 year old goon in New England that drinks a poo poo load of coffee (mostly from goony royal mile coffee), listens to metal, and like spooky poo poo (wall art, stickers, whatever). I also love garden/indoor plant stuff.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Long time goon first time SASSer!

Dear Santa:

Hello my name is csammis and I am a 39 year old man and I live in Kansas City with my wife and two dogs. It is nice here. Is it nice at the North Pole? These are some things that I like:
  • Coffee mugs, but only if it's okay to drink tea or water from it too
  • Things with gears, I'm a sucker for gears. Motors entirely optional.
  • I'm beginning to learn Russian so children's books in Russian would be cool.
I have been very good so please do not give me the things that only bad goons get:
  • Candy or pastries - I'm not big on sweets
  • Anything :nws: or :nms:
  • Horses.

==============

Dear Santee:

I think I know what I'm going to send already but I will definitely read your post if you make one to make sure I won't accidentally kill you!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

csammis posted:

Dear Santee:

I think I know what I'm going to send already but I will definitely read your post if you make one to make sure I won't accidentally kill you!

It's bees, isn't it!?

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Tree Bucket posted:

It's bees, isn't it!?

What else would it bee?

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I am signed up please don't send me bees but I guess if its a gimmick my posting style kind of is asking for me to be sent bees

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Tiaz, i accidentally started signing up with my old account “Chicken Doodle” with the space, you can delete that one from the system as it’s not used anymore.

I’m pretty sure this is almost year 10 for me!!!

Santa:

Hi! I’m a 34 year old goonette who is happily married to a Sasquatch. We are both Nintendo fiends who have been trying to win the lottery so we can finally play all the games we have. Currently we’re playing BD and SP side by side.

I used to request beer but due to medication changes I’m not going to this year. But I would absolutely adore something local to you! Candies, chocolates, preserves, even smoked things - if it can travel I would love it! If you’ve got books or anything to do with your local history I love that too. Please no clothing like shirts and pants, but if you want to send things like accessories those are awesome.

My old profile was banned and I couldn’t be arsed to dig it up so you won’t find my post history very long, oops.

Santee: YOU'RE GONNA GET CANADIAN BEES, EH

ChickenDoodle fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 22, 2021

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I am actively participating this year again!

Dear Santee, you will get a golf ball. That's about all there is around here. Since I am a terrible Santa, you'll get it Marchish! Happy Easterass! (I'm kidding. Mostly. Maybe.)

Dear Santa,

I am an annoying fatso, aging terribly into my 40's (Just started)... So typical goon?
I have two adorable young male scamps (8 and 6) that I try not to strangle on a daily basis. They are both into switch stuff, are currently playing Breath of the Wild, and also like Sonic and Minecraft. The oldest likes metal and I accidentally got him into Ghost, Tool, Trivium, etc. Oops.
My wife is crafty and artsy, and is into DDR, RPG's (Final Fantasy, KH, etc) and other stuff.
We're pretty eclectic, and if sending foodstuffs, no nuts please, pea, tree or otherwise.

If you have specific questions, message me and I will specifically answer your specific questions. Specifically.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Signed up and now awaiting the cursed email to verify as the site will not currently let me login.

Hooray for SASS this year has been hellacious.

I am a 31yo Goon of XL/XXL frame. Me and my wife recently built a house which has eaten DEEPLY into my hobby time, but I enjoy:

1. Dungeons and Dragons and similar TTRPG stuffs, so anything to do with that is cool as hell. Always need more rad-rear end dice!
2. Board games
3. Woodworking
4. Cooking. If you live in a place known for a weird food/spice/culinary tradition hit me up with that funky stuff.

We have a great deal of pets: 3 cats, 3 frogs (2 tree frogs and a pacman), and 2 snakes. Cool stuff for pets is great too.

I wish I could be more helpful wrt you lurking and spying on me but I do not post much these days and my FB is full of communist memes, but enjoy!

Crazyeyes fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 23, 2021

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.
One of these years I'm gonna count up how many years I've done SASS which is still one of my favorite holiday things to look forward to.

Dear Santa:

I'm a 36 year old goonette who lives with a husband and two cattes. Catte pictures can be posted/sent on request. I love food/things/treats that are local to you and neither my husband nor I have allergies or major food hates. We're major nerds, enjoying board games/ttrpgs/video games etc. I like sciencey things, being a geneticist but especially love galaxy/space things. I know I haven't posted much in recent years but I'd be happy to answer any questions and I'm very not picky. Some of my favorite SASS items I've gotten have been completely unexpected.

Dear Santee,

Bees of course. I will admit that despite my best intentions, sometimes I send stuff a bit late but I've never stiffed anyone. Mostly because I like to try to include some handmade stuff and some local stuff. But of course, mostly mostly bees.

scorpiobean fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Dec 11, 2021

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Let me just preemptively request all dog/cat pics

Obligatory:

My doggo, The Pork Chop Express

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Dear Santa: Send cash

Dear Santee: SO MANY BEES YOU CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
Dear santa: My last Secret Santa was AxeManiac, so you need to bring your A game because his gift basket was prolific and bizarre. In short, surprise me.

Dear Santee: I hope you're a lass or a fella married to one who likes books about body positivity and bees.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
In, fuckers. I haven't done this in several years because I'm old and no fun and forget things but the last time I did it was amazing, resulting in, among other things, a handmade Christmas ornament of Janet Reno that is one of my most prized possessions.

Will update this with notes for the poor fool who gets matched with me.

Edit: And now the notes.

Dear Santa,

I've been a very bad boy this year, so do with me what you will. As you may recall from the list making and the twice-over checking thereof, I'm a 40 year old tub of rear end that is extremely (and happily) married to a person who is much, much better than I am. We enjoy traveling and have two useless cats who are, despite their ongoing chronic uselessness, our favorites. We're in the process of building and outfitting our new in-home bar in the basement (hooray Wisconsin) so tasteful (or not) accoutrements are welcome. More or less down for pretty much anything else, including but not limited to bees.

Sincerely If Not Somewhat Despondently,

Beef of Ages

===============

Dear Santee,

Woe unto thee. :v:

Smooches,

Beef of Ages

Beef Of Ages fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 23, 2021

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head
That's awesome that this is still a thing.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Oh hell yeah.

I'm an almost 31 year old lady goon living in flyover country with two cats and a spouse. I work in an office and am known for my collection of cute, fun stuff in my cube. I get excited over silly stuff and I love doing these exchanges.

I love art, cute things, cats, octopi, stickers for my water bottles, things from where you're from, funny stuff, weird stuff, nice pens, enamel pins, junk from AliExpress, crafting (I embroider, make floral arrangements with wood flowers, and have a die cutting machine for vinyl and paper), and I just bought a 3D printer. We own two scooters, a motorcycle and have a Jeep Cherokee we're slowly turning into my spouse's dream project car. My shirt size is probably a unisex medium at this point.

Also, I love socks and give them as a gift to everyone. If you're stumped, send me cool socks.

I have some annoying dietary restrictions and am a vegetarian so please no meat or lots of sweets. :( My spouse and I had gastric bypass earlier this year so most of that stuff can make me sick. I'm down 65 pounds so far and I am so happy about it. Other cooking stuff like spices or gadgets will happily find a place in our kitchen.

Some NSFW stuff is okay as long as it's inside the box and not like, swap.avi territory.

Santee: If you want or are ok with NSFW you're definitely going to get an old dusty playboy that the previous owner left in the garage attic. I'll try and pick one that still has the shipping bag on it or I'll send some Lysol with it.

Otherwise, expect bees.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

HELL YES

Hi Santa! I'm a 36 year old male GOON from the UK who likes beer, snacks, comedy, video games, reading, hiking, board games, art, maps, space, hosed up poo poo and films of all varieties. Hit me with your best shot, I'm just happy to be here. 420 and nsfw friendly, if that rocks your boat. Medium t-shirt size. Large feet. Accepts bees.

Hi Santee. You're gonna get something good.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Why isn't this stickied?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Why isn't this stickied?

The adhesive wore off. I replaced it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So glad I checked again, I was rather bummed thinking we didn't get SASS this year!

Dear Santa,

I have been a very good goon girl this year. Despite a lot of crap at work and home, I have not ended up on any local news stations. This is my....6 or 8th year doing SASS? Maybe longer?

I do not have food allergies other than onions. I also play Pokemon Go daily and love Pokemon in general (favorites are Vaporeon, Magikarp, Mew and Mewtwo). Also love hedgehogs (my last one, a female named Butter, died earlier this year. I am looking for another to adopt but it might be a while), cats (I work with a cat rescue, so cat toys are always good!), snakes and tropical fish (I have 8 ball pythons, and 13 freshwater aquariums). If you want to just send me a box of cat toys and air stones, I will use every last one of them.

I can always use facemasks because I work with the public and they are dirty and like to breathe on me. Purple, or purple designs, work best with my uniform. Adjustable is great! And if you are a goon with a good music touch, I am looking for an old soundtrack that I can't find online, but I imagine the above is more than enough.

Love,
Cowslips

Dear Santee,

You will get local goodies and probably a ton of random cool poo poo IF YOU POST IN THIS THREAD. If you lurk on SA, fine, but if you lurk in this thread, I will donate your gift as money to a local food bank. And maybe send you a box of dollar store crap.

Love
Cowslips

beauty queen breakdown
Dec 21, 2010

partially cromulent posting.
"2021's worst kept secret"

Dear Santa,

I have never participated in SASS before and can't wait to get in on all the magic. I have been mostly naughty this year. I don't know, you might want to notate that or whatever.

My frame is XL shoulders atop an L torso :smith:. I work from home and like most manner of goony things (D&D, board and card games, new wave, computer poo poo, lefty shitposts). No food allergies.

Yours truly,
beauty queen breakdown

===

Dear Santee,

You're getting snowball cookies, something related to the Simpsons meme thread, a hand-drawn card, and maybe some other fooferah. If I can't figure out if you have any food allergies I'll leave the nuts out of the cookies. Who knows!

Your mortal frenemy,
bqb (this is a clever abbreviation for beauty queen breakdown, in case you are wondering)

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Dear Santa,

Have I been good this year? Uh... moving on.

I am a Canadian goonette with an affinity for snowflakes, feathers, and stars. I would love to try any kind of snack or food that's local for you, but I can't stand chocolate mixed with mint or fruit. Otherwise I don't have any allergies to worry about. I'm also open to book, TV, or music recommendations. I love random stuff so whatever you have in mind is probably great!

Dear Santee,

:toot:

Love, Pix.

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 30, 2021

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I made some satanic tree ornaments, feeling v excite for sass

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Hey everyone get on the SASS train

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Women like you are the reason this chickens late in the first place.
Choo Choo I'm on the SASS train.

Hello Santa. This year I have been a moderately good man-child. Just come toddler sit for me so I can go cry in the garage for like six hours or something ok? I'm struggling to make the 2d shoot-em up of my dreams at the moment, so anything to encourage me to draw sprites or make 80's background music would help. Or just ply me with coffee and whiskey.

I also have a labradoodle and a wife. My toddler daughter needs to be encouraged to skateboard / play drums / duplo train / dinosaurs. NO MORE loving HORSES. I do quite want a go on a horse though.

I like to wear XL things because the baggy 90's is where I made my nest.

Gooony goon goon.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Hi Santa!

I've done this once before, like... 8 years ago? I got a foam cheese hat and sprayable cheese product from all the way from Wisconsin. It was p rad. (Please don't send me sprayable cheese.)

I'm thirtysomething lady. I like graphic design, art, colours (esp green and blue), readin', myths and urban legends, chocolate, coffee, video games where you get to ride a horse, LOCAL STUFF! I have an old man cat (his name is Gordon) and a husband. I am medium sized. See ya!

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Yay, 4th time doing this.

Dear Santa, I’m a married gentle goon with 4 daughters (9,7,5,3) and a lady cat. Kids love candy, pokemon and books. I love coffee, board games and Dota 2.

Dear Santee, I hope you like bees.

peanut posted:

I made some satanic tree ornaments, feeling v excite for sass

We still use the ones you made for our girls 3 years ago. They’re beautiful.

Oodles fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 28, 2021

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Anyone know of a good parcel carrier for sending cats? I don't want my Santee to end up with a dead cat. Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Droogie posted:

Anyone know of a good parcel carrier for sending cats? I don't want my Santee to end up with a dead cat. Again.

I’m still sad I couldn’t find anything to pass off as said dead cat to keep the bit going.