Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The Saucer Hovers posted:

which is it am i a lib or an anarchist?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

:synpa:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

paul….

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

which is it am i a lib or an anarchist?

what's the difference?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

do we really need another Dune thread

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Anyone build any good minarets lately

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

im officially muslim and its no fun

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

I played the abassids in the new aoe game and it looks like relic fed the voice actors lines that would make more sense in english cause its janky as heck. Only game that has good arabic va is literally in Stronghold Crusader (the first one)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

islam is great but OP and his boys are truly poo poo

someone needs to keep lowtax's legacy alive

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Nosfereefer posted:

islam is the light, op

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol don’t remember making any of these posts but i stand by them

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

free paul and larry

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Fizzil posted:

I played the abassids in the new aoe game and it looks like relic fed the voice actors lines that would make more sense in english cause its janky as heck. Only game that has good arabic va is literally in Stronghold Crusader (the first one)

Yeah, I always wonder how much effort they put into those games, and if they use the contemporary language, or consult a linguist who has some idea how ancient versions of the languages might have been vs just saying “gently caress it, have Carl read this line off google translate”

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

MLSM posted:

It’s bad like all the others op

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Praying for the trolls to see the light

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDdOchBejcc

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
is the light

inshallah

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Yeah, I always wonder how much effort they put into those games, and if they use the contemporary language, or consult a linguist who has some idea how ancient versions of the languages might have been vs just saying “gently caress it, have Carl read this line off google translate”

They tried to say the least, while the words are correct the sentences dont make sense, the VA are obviously arabs, but they are still trying to read lines that would make a whole lot more sense in english. It feels like the guy who directed the company of heroes voice work tried to apply the same idea, but things like “shut your hole” and “this handcannon piece” were a bit out of place for the time period the game deals with and the VA sound confused when reading the lines.

I can kinda understand what they were trying to do, but it just kinda doesnt feel right if you are a native speaker. Im wondering if the other civs in the game had better direction.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I enjoy growing to be a powerful European lord during CK3 before flipping religions to Islam. Then my king freaks out and tries to overthrow me, but the whole Islam curveball is a surprise to him and I've been preparing for years so he fails and is humiliated. Then I slowly push into surrounding countries and force convert them until I get bored or the Pope freaks out and kills me.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

I enjoy growing to be a powerful European lord during CK3 before flipping religions to Islam. Then my king freaks out and tries to overthrow me, but the whole Islam curveball is a surprise to him and I've been preparing for years so he fails and is humiliated. Then I slowly push into surrounding countries and force convert them until I get bored or the Pope freaks out and kills me.

ck3 still doesnt have any other succession systems for muslims, it just bottelnecks you into things that are not as detailed as the christian ones.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Dune!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fizzil posted:

ck3 still doesnt have any other succession systems for muslims, it just bottelnecks you into things that are not as detailed as the christian ones.

They'll get to fixing it with a content pack later, in CK2 you couldn't even play as a Muslim ruler until they came out with an expansion pack almost a year after release.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
i slam,
u slam,
we all slam,
4 islam

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

zegermans posted:

do we really need another Dune thread

xd

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/poppy_haze/status/1462548205158088708

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
marx was prophet of god who denied his creator, and the god loved karl for it

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DesertIslandHermit posted:

If it's so good then why'd they make Islamabad?

lol

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Lastgirl posted:

is the light

inshallah

Inshallah isn't necessary and is, in fact, arguably blasphemous in this case as Islam being the light is the manifest will of God.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
durr i love my derivative spinoff abrahamic religion. hurrrrrrrrrrrrrr

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Smythe posted:

i love your denial of ancient truths

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Smythe posted:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
hey nice torah. i thnk ill take it. oh but this time its a different prophet. no. not that one, a different one. :hmbol:

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
that’s because god had one more hit to make, Scott Ridley and mizayaki do it all the time grow up

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
the ascent of man is like... . .a theme in human culture. iterative satire is a term code junkies use i think

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7mbTXj8bHo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jt5WO4C1fc

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
yeah nah, we should stick with the OG semitic lang codebase for society instead of like, admitting that Muhammad sang the last book of the Abrahamic line and accepting that we are a reiteration of a very old commandment to ascebnd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
smythe in about 5 years when he realizes how hot hellfire is