Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

skipmyseashells posted:

smythe in about 5 years when he realizes how hot hellfire is

bear witness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021
adult converts (to any religion) are the lowest form of life

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Charles Ingalls posted:

as opposed to you, who was raised in the truth of dialectical materialism from a very younhg age

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
interrupting my gaming to pray 17 times a day lol. oh also I can’t drink. seems good.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Smythe posted:

interrupting my gaming to pray 17 times a day lol. oh also I can’t drink. seems good.

Drinking is harmful and taking short breaks for the physical activity that’s praying is insanely healthy in itself

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Smythe posted:

how loving stupid are you? if youer job require intense, you drink water you moron. fking dumass

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
I expect gbs and D&D to reject Islam because they’re idiots, but c-spam?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
pray 5 times a day 10 mins per prayer thats 50 mins. i make 500 gpm (gold per minute) thats 25,000 gp (gold pieces) lost per day. With a mere 1 million gold pieces I can buy a Magic Crate that has a 0.00237% chance of giving me a rare Obsidian Blade which I can then sell for thousands of dollars on eBay. you add the EVEN LONGER Friday sermon + ramadan (dont get me started) and basically Islam would rob me of my livelihood. thats why im an Atheist. I believe science, and science is getting me rich. :homebrew:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://youtu.be/aDdOchBejcc

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Smythe posted:

pray 5 times a day 10 mins per prayer thats 50 mins. i make 500 gpm (gold per minute) thats 25,000 gp (gold pieces) lost per day. With a mere 1 million gold pieces I can buy a Magic Crate that has a 0.00237% chance of giving me a rare Obsidian Blade which I can then sell for thousands of dollars on eBay. you add the EVEN LONGER Friday sermon + ramadan (dont get me started) and basically Islam would rob me of my livelihood. thats why im an Atheist. I believe science, and science is getting me rich. :homebrew:

lemme put it in terms you can understand. judgement day is a big QCS thread where the real owner of the site called life either gasses or gold your soul, and you pray for like 2 minutes 5 times a day.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

guidoanselmi posted:

Inshallah isn't necessary and is, in fact, arguably blasphemous in this case as Islam being the light is the manifest will of God.

huh i learned something new today

thank u :3:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

posting in the most halal thread

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
craving some Halal Guys right now

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

ngl, wondering about the mental benefit to praying 5x a day. seems like a nice way to force yourself to take regular breaks without getting into smoking

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

dedicated prayer has been found to offer similar benefits as meditation for mental health

regular churchgoers also tend to be happier and better adjusted than the average, belonging to a sincere community is good for you, so long as you’re not the wrong kind of outlier for your particular group

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I Slam

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

can we ban smythe?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

can we ban smythe?

Be careful with this talk. Smythe is protected by powerful people, and they can make a poster disappear with but a phone call. I once tried to take a run at Smythe and found myself assigned to the mod station in Greenland, and I consider myself lucky that I didn't end up face down in a ditch.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Weaponized Autism posted:

craving some Halal Guys right now
they opened a halah guys chain on the west coast a couple years ago and it loving sucks poo poo. i think it might have closed recently bc it was bad and no one liked it

i love halah carts, we had a ownage rinky dink one in davis with like a $7 giant rear end take-out box of chicken/lamb over rice w the little salad and spicy red + white sauce that got me through college during many a classes and it was divine

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyk4gcQrdaU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Did anyone know Neil Armstrong heard the call to prayer on the moon and converted to Islam on the spot?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Chuka Umana posted:

Did anyone know Neil Armstrong heard the call to prayer on the moon and converted to Islam on the spot?

everyone knows this

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

what is the procedure for pointing to mecca in space? I think it's you just need to be vaguely pointed towards earth? what if you are on a planet? do you have to do a whole bunch of weird acrobatics or can you use meccas position on earth as a proxy

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
What if you are directly on top of or directly underneath the kaaba

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
the age of orbital islam

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol remember bro aziz

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

lol remember bro aziz

how can we not? they are in this forum’s jeans

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

lol remember bro aziz

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

how can we not? they are in this forum’s jeans

This reads like a Statler and Waldorf exchange

Joss Laypeg
Oct 11, 2007
A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on. - WSB
U slam
we all slam
4 Islam

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
I wish my name was mehmet

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/StyledApe/status/1465126016691716096

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Europe-handwashing-habits-by-country.png

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/HenryKrinkIe/status/1467646605419593729

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Charles Ingalls posted:

Yeah, especially to Marxism!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

most religions at least offer some form of comfort, marxism is more like a disorder

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

skeptical click but i enjoyed it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Wheeee posted:

dedicated prayer has been found to offer similar benefits as meditation for mental health

regular churchgoers also tend to be happier and better adjusted than the average, belonging to a sincere community is good for you, so long as you’re not the wrong kind of outlier for your particular group

Counterpoint: The people nursing a hangover and having a cigarette for breakfast on a Sunday are not regular churchgoers.