Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

My Hungry Man turkey dinner was surprisingly OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

*shows TikTok to anyone I can catch* See this kid invested in Dogecoin and look how much he made! Everyone needs to start investing. Grandma I know you're leaving me money, how about I get it now? I can start investing on these apps, it's just like the stock market! We can't lose!

Seriously though the day off work has been great. Hid in a cabin in the woods and people brought food as they trickled back home. Haven't had to cook a single thing.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Nov 26, 2021

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I think this has been my favorite gag thread in years lol

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

EorayMel posted:

My uncle lived on a HUGE farm in Kentucky. He HAD lots of cattle. He also like to drink. He also worked in construction not really a side job he did more construction and kept cows for food.

Oh yeah, he ALSO likes high powered rifles and assault rifles, he has MANY.

And I need to mention the Bulldozer he has as well, can anyone see where this is going?

This bulldozer was some old army surplus rickedy shitbox contraption of death, with none of the modern day saftey features on those nowadays, and if there was some kind of saftey device he had it removed one way or another.

So there we all were at his farm for thanksgiving, since he did have the largest home to comfortably hold all the relatives at once and in comfort. Well, granny made her "special" egg nog, and as she was getting on in years sometimes forgets things and apparently as she made the egg nog a few days ahead of time, she would forget if she added any alcohol, and thus kept adding burbon to the eggnog. In short she had made egg-rocket fuel, or eggNOOOOOOOGGGGG as it is refered to by the family to this day.

Well everyone proceeded to get tore down thanksgiving family style and my uncle gets rowdy when he gets drunk.

So he goes and gets out his sks, which he had gone and purchased all of the illegal perts needed to make it a select fire, fully automatic, assault rifle.

He goes out to the edge of the field and begins emptying 30 round magazines into the cows cloest to him, right in the loving face and or side and or necks.

He went out with about 8 magazines and wound up killing 8 and wounding 6.

IT GETS BETTER.

He then proceeded to get on the loving bulldozer and proceeded to run over, mash, and pretty much make hamburgers right there in the field, WHILE YOU WAIT.

He was screaming about bulldozing them goddamn cows and bull dozing bulls and laughing maniacly, he then decided it would be cool to go and basically do "donuts" or spin the treads of the bulldozer over the smashed shot carcases of the recently living cows.

Eventually he got tired/passed out and fell off the bull dozer, narrowly escaping his own death and the bulldozer plowed into a 150+ year old oak tree, where it grunted and strained aginst the tree. My other uncle ran out to turn the dozer off and we dragged my drunken passed out uncle covered in cow blood and mud into the garage where they hosed him off.

LUCKILY he lived far enough out in the country no law enforcement people were called and luckily no one was loving killed.

Everyone was too drunk to eat dinner, and we all passed out and awoke to a very pissed off agrivated uncle who wanted to know WHAT THE gently caress HAPPENED OUTSIDE LAST NIGHT??!!

It took a half a day to expalin to him, and as we all sat around eating leftovers laughing about how funny it was that almost all of us could have died or been killed.

He is in a "home" now for "special people" just like him.

This was 1995 btw.

Your family sounds cool AF.

They interested in adopting?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

With God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

I don't get the reference.

Or is this just to start an argument about how they can or something, since they do.

E: oh you meant you threw the cooked turkey or whatever. Dumb.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 26, 2021

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHiBhzdBCjg

It’s from WKRP in Cincinnati. I got the reference :corsair:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Gotta be honest, I thought it was a Simpsons reference. Feels like something Krusty would say.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Gotta be honest, I thought it was a Simpsons reference. Feels like something Krusty would say.

Peggy Hill would say this too

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

You Are A Elf posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHiBhzdBCjg

It’s from WKRP in Cincinnati. I got the reference :corsair:

Same. :corsair:

Hey, anyone go out and kill a tree yet, in the spirit of Christmas?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Christ Thanksgiving was YESTERDAY.
can you give it a week or two

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

With God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Way back when my wife and I first started dating we once saw a wild turkey chilling in a tree higher up than the balcony of her 3rd floor apartment.

There was a pissed off squirrel dancing around it and everything. "Dumb flightless bird! Get the outa my tree!" Turkey didn't give a gently caress.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

sudonim posted:

Way back when my wife and I first started dating we once saw a wild turkey chilling in a tree higher up than the balcony of her 3rd floor apartment.

There was a pissed off squirrel dancing around it and everything. "Dumb flightless bird! Get the outa my tree!" Turkey didn't give a gently caress.

Where I live there are dozens of them and they roost high up in trees every night or get up there if they're sufficiently bothered.

Constantly leaving ladders and grappling hooks all over since they can't fly it's very rude.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My Friendsgiving actually went really well, and people even cooked a lot of creative experiment-like recipes together while boozin' it up and smokin' weed so I am kind of surprised but thankful I guess. Just a chill day.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I slipped PCP in one of your drinks but I won't tell you which one
'It was all of them

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

This thread should be changed to ITT:We ruin Christmas

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

A Festivus Miracle posted:

Drive a car through a parade

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Alchemist posted:

eh

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Okayssssshhhoo (okay so) you know how Santa gives toys to everyone? Turns out they were stolen from the future and this is the first year he traveled to way back in the day. This year Santa will be taking your toys! Everyone have a gun to defend from Santa.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It could just cycle through every holiday. I've got big plans to ruin Arbor Day.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

The Alchemist posted:

That's called a float

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://twitter.com/HardPass4/status/1463886150171566084

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
who has a software on their grill

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

The Alchemist posted:

Grill-as-a-Service let's you pay only when you need to!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The Alchemist posted:

Internet of Cooking Things

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

rumor has it that the latest grill software update has a cryptocoin miner embedded in it, so mentally add another hundred and seventy degrees to what you’re inputting to get roughly the real temperature inside

also, be prepared for several-hour stretches of what is termed “spontaneous independent grill events”

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 27, 2021

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Pricing algorhitm adjusts The Total Cost of Grilling (c) during demand peaks and hours.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I mean, I guess this means we are a a few years away from, "Alexa. Smoke a 5lb ham"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

363 days to scheme how to ruin thanksgiving 2022 :unsmigghh:

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
First of all, I need you all to just sign these waivers real quick. Allright, great,and so it begins

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Okay I'm coming over Thursday for the dinner.

You know, the dinner. Thanksgiving?

Last week? What? Is this a prank?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

The Alchemist posted:

Idiots who aren’t allowed in the suburban dad club

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
anal sex

e: wrong thread

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

99% chance this wasn't so much "software update being pushed out on Thanksgiving" as it was "software update being downloaded the first time the grill was turned on since last Thanksgiving"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why would a grill need software? Or a wifi connection for that matter

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Posting from the grill

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Because a "smart grill" can be sold at a thousand dollar markup against a grill that works.

Same with smart fridges, smart ovens, and smart televisions.

Once how much computers and tech companies suck penetrates society's consciousness, this poo poo will go away.

nvidiagouge
Sep 30, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

So we can have a chip shortage and 40k dealer markups on new cars that also don't really need chips, duh.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

For temperature monitoring is the only useful thing I can think of. But you can easily buy a wifi thermometer for $80 or do like I did and rig up a spare raspberry pi 3 for extra Dad Points.

ikanreed posted:

Because a "smart grill" can be sold at a thousand dollar markup against a grill that works.

Same with smart fridges, smart ovens, and smart televisions.

Once how much computers and tech companies suck penetrates society's consciousness, this poo poo will go away.

There are smart furnaces now. Imagine your furnace getting bricked by a software update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Gentlemen, dicks on the table, ladies, do us the honor of measuring. Everything gets settled tonight.

GRANDPA BROKE THE TABLE

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 27, 2021