Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://clips.clippit.tv/babgla/360.mp4

All Loser Thanksgiving
Bears @ Lions
Raiders @ Cowboys
Bills @ Saints

Sunday Morning
Steelers @ Bengals
Jets @ Texans
Titans @ Patriots
Panthers @ Dolphins
Buccaneers @ Colts
Falcons @ Jaguars
Eagles @ Giants

Afternoon:
Chargers @ Broncos
Vikings @ 49ers
Rams @ Packers

SNF: Browns @ Ravens
MNF: Seahawks @ Football Team - This is what we're all thankful for folks.

-----

Also we spent a ton of time last week making fun of analytics for saying Kirk Cousins rules, and look where we're at now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

We're at the regular season :colbert:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Huh, just learned that the Jags have never played on Thanksgiving, I think the only team that hasn't, plus they haven't played a Sunday night or Monday night game in over 10 years. I have forgotten that they have sucked for that long.

This is probably the Lions last real hope of getting a win since the Bears look completely lost.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Detroit Lions will win a football game this Thursday.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

For the Lions, it's more like TANKsgiving.

You all can use that if you want.

I'll seriously be rooting for the Lions because it sucks that they always have to work on Thanksgiving and never get anything out of it. That being said gently caress the Cowboys they deserve whatever had poo poo that happens to them and I hope they are dead to their families for choosing to work instead of spending time with their loves ones this holiday.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Wow the Texans could theoretically come away from this week with a winning streak

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1463159967922507779

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Honestly unless the Packers go on a bad losing streak just hold all our injured players out until like the final four weeks of the season. Get everyone to max health for the playoff push.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Lions losing will only drive me to eat more Thanksgiving stuffing & other carbs that day.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
every bears fan wants the lions to win

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

hughesta posted:

every bears fan wants the lions to win

prepare for disappointment

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Current draft order: .xxx is opponent's win percentage used as the tiebreaker.

0-9-1 Lions
2-8 Jaguars .519
2-8 Jets .547
2-8 Texans .561
3-7 Giants .549

3-7 Giants (from Bears) .559
3-7 Jets (From Seahawks) .582
4-7 Eagles (from Dolphins)
4-6 Falcons .471
4-6 Football Team .544

5-6 Panthers .469
5-6 Eagles .504
5-5 Broncos .456
5-5 Dolphins (from 49ers) .500
5-5 Raiders .500

6-5 Eagles (from Colts) .478
6-5 Browns .496
5-4-1 Steelers

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Acebuckeye13 posted:

prepare for disappointment
wouldn't expect anything less!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
What the hell are the Lions going to draft at #1? This year's draft looking pretty horrible.

If they were smart they'll trade down & grab multiple picks to shore up their roster, consider 2022 a rebuild year, and go from there.

Of course the Lions will think the division is winnable ifwhen Aaron Rodgers bolts from Green Bay, which is bad considering Cousins & Fields are still there.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Android Apocalypse posted:

What the hell are the Lions going to draft at #1? This year's draft looking pretty horrible.

If they were smart they'll trade down & grab multiple picks to shore up their roster, consider 2022 a rebuild year, and go from there.

Of course the Lions will think the division is winnable ifwhen Aaron Rodgers bolts from Green Bay, which is bad considering Cousins & Fields are still there.

They are getting a real life terminator from Oregon with the first overall pick and a QB who will be out of the league in three years in the second round

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Posted this in the AFC West thread because it's mostly AFC West teams but we're all going to have to put up with it. We may have a SNF flex in week 13 out of a bad game!!!

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1463089686734381056

Hmmm, how bad is next week's slate of games? Oops week 13's of course.

e: huh looking at it those really are the two best choices as it looks right now. I guess Ravens Steelers would be the other option, although CBS might have protected that? Chargers Bengals ought to be the choice if you're making it today.

There's just nothing that looks good in the NFC that week, Cowboys Saints could work but they're playing Thursday.

...to another underwhelming game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chargers @ Bengals should be a lot of fun.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Chargers/Bengals could be fun. I hope they flex that in.

EDIT: looked it up & Thibodeaux could be cool on the Lions. Suh 2.0?

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Nov 23, 2021

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Are any of this week's games going to be flexed or have we already passed that point? Titans/Pats?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Android Apocalypse posted:

The problem with the trade down and grab picks is that someone has to want to trade up and in a draft with no clear #1.....

It's a perfectly lovely draft to have the #1 pick in from any angle, compared to other years

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Herbert v Burrow is the matchup to watch on Primetime

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

fast cars loose anus posted:

The problem with the trade down and grab picks is that someone has to want to trade up and in a draft with no clear #1.....

Are there people out there who think Kayvon Thibadeaux isn't the clear cut first overall pick

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
A QB or two will rise, it happens every year. Teams get desperate for any kind of answer.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Current draft order: .xxx is opponent's win percentage used as the tiebreaker.
That looks like it uses only the win percentage of played games. Tankathon is a bit more accurate by using the full schedule's win %.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Are any of this week's games going to be flexed or have we already passed that point? Titans/Pats?

Yeah I think you have to do it two weeks out, so Browns @ Ravens this week for SNF.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Chucktesla posted:

Are there people out there who think Kayvon Thibadeaux isn't the clear cut first overall pick

I guess I should have said "without a QB at the top"; I just don't think you're getting the haul for a DE that you'd get for a QB

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, absolutely not. But the worst case scenario for a non-QB at #1 in the draft the last twenty years is a solidly good, multiple-pro bowler.

You've got Myles Garrett, Clowney, Eric Fisher, Jake Long and Mario Williams. Not the worst situation to be in.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 23, 2021

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

It's Chargers @ BRONCOS you bastards!!! :argh:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Gonna root for the broncos this week

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I am so hyped for Jets-Texans. That's gonna be some godawful football.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Yeah, absolutely not. But the worst case scenario for a non-QB at #1 in the draft the last twenty years is a solidly good, multiple-pro bowler.

You've got Myles Garrett, Clowney, Eric Fisher, Jake Long and Mario Edwards. Not the worst situation to be in.

I was like what the hell, then I remembered Mario Williams.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Kalli posted:

You've got Myles Garrett, Clowney, Eric Fisher, Jake Long and Mario Williams. Not the worst situation to be in.

Yeah, you can definitely always get a great player at #1. It's just unfortunate for the Lions that they need so much talent everywhere that trading down would be the ideal situation, but they're not gonna get as much as they could have last year (or, alternatively, they could have gotten Trevor Lawrence).

I'd say their best bet is to take Kayvon and suffer another poo poo year personally but who knows

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

I was like what the hell, then I remembered Mario Williams.

well apparently I didn't

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://twitter.com/obj/status/1462836953888534528

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

We don’t have a draft thread yet so what tier of pass rising prospect is Thibs? Like Chase Young, Myles Garrett?

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

We don’t have a draft thread yet so what tier of pass rising prospect is Thibs? Like Chase Young, Myles Garrett?

I'd say so, yeah. He's one of those guys who was a top five draft pick coming out of high school and he's lived up to that

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kayvon Thibodeaux may be the next Chase Young but it's not like Young is helping the WFT win games

Also Detroit already has two first round picks even before trading down

edit: also is this the place where I mention that Detroit is #1 in the NFL in dead money with an astounding $64m

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Gonna root for the broncos this week

Disgusting

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1462779123420610561?t=eE42CSyWRVLxKRmtoD35Lw&s=19

Ah. Well because he SAID so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

Kayvon Thibodeaux may be the next Chase Young but it's not like Young is helping the WFT win games

Also Detroit already has two first round picks even before trading down

An elite pass rusher is a luxury piece IMHO. They're critical, but it's something you get once your defensive infrastructure is in place, especially on your defensive line.

No point having the best rusher in the league if he gets tripled on every down and the rest of your defense just gives up gap plays.