Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
SNF is clearly gonna be Titans/Jags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

all this talk about the draft made me look at some mocks and of course they all have the chiefs taking a corner because every year mock draft nerds just slot in corner or DE for the Chiefs and call it a day without fail. Nevermind that corner is the strongest position on the defense, and that they have shown a strong and consistent ability to identify talent late in the draft

I mean, they should take DE though

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Not sure how reputable the patch is but

https://twitter.com/Konkolskorner/status/1463163799649804306

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I have seen a couple mock drafts that have the chargers drafting Georgia nose tackle Jordan Davis and man, maaaaaaaaaaaaaan do I want that to happen

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
It owns being a Rams fan because I no longer have to follow or give a poo poo about the draft

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1463184969845592069

Oh hey, I've heard of him, what's he done this year?

50 carries, 130 yards, 2.6 YPC, 1 TD, 7 1sts. 3 receptions, 37 yards 1 TD.

So that's bad, worst RB in a... frightening stable of Texans RB's.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He was pretty good with the broncos

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I genuinely off the top of my head couldn't name a single Texans RB right now so uh bon voyage one of the nameless horde I guess

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The other 2 are Rex Burkhead and David Johnson

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Pron on VHS posted:

The texans are like the island of misfit players. How did they beat the titans

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Pron on VHS posted:

oh yeah I remember being shocked on Sunday that Rex Burkhead was still in the NFL

that's how fast this team slips through my mind

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/1463170292969353232?t=B4dpWkNLndLT76DXTDWUUA&s=19

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

really queer Christmas posted:

The texans are like the island of misfit players. How did they beat the titans

The Titans are probably the purest distillation of Chaos

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Will somebody please direct me to the thread to laugh at the new Kid Rock song

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Bird in a Blender posted:

Huh, just learned that the Jags have never played on Thanksgiving, I think the only team that hasn't, plus they haven't played a Sunday night or Monday night game in over 10 years. I have forgotten that they have sucked for that long.

This is probably the Lions last real hope of getting a win since the Bears look completely lost.

whats weird is that yes they've been terrible forever BUT they were almost in the super bowl like 3 years ago

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

He was pretty good with the broncos

He is too small for the NFL, hate to say it. He gets hurt constantly

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

bows1 posted:

whats weird is that yes they've been terrible forever BUT they were almost in the super bowl like 3 years ago

One overthrow by Bortles away.

They were also dominant in the mid/late 90’s w Mark Brunell, Fred at RB and a great defense.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
As a Tennessee fan this is about the funniest god drat thing I've ever seen

https://twitter.com/AllanBell247/status/1462987745094213634?s=20

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

As a Tennessee fan this is about the funniest god drat thing I've ever seen

https://twitter.com/AllanBell247/status/1462987745094213634?s=20

All The Warriors Are Here

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Abugadu posted:

One overthrow by Bortles away.

They were also dominant in the mid/late 90’s w Mark Brunell, Fred at RB and a great defense.

They were also pretty decent in the mid 2000s with Leftwich/Garrard, MJD, Mercedes Lewis, etc. Had a few playoff appearances IIRC, including a pretty competitive loss to the 2007 Patriots in the divisional round.

Separately, it's absolutely incredible that Mercedes Lewis is still in the league.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

kiimo posted:

Will somebody please direct me to the thread to laugh at the new Kid Rock song

Be the change you want to see, OP

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Biggest problem is the most correct and devastating critique of it is just saying "Dad Rock".

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Bird in a Blender posted:

Huh, just learned that the Jags have never played on Thanksgiving, I think the only team that hasn't, plus they haven't played a Sunday night or Monday night game in over 10 years. I have forgotten that they have sucked for that long.

They haven't, in the 2017/18 season they beat the Steelers in the playoffs and nearly beat the Pats under Blake Bortles, Leonard Fournette when he was still kinda good, and with a strong defense with a bunch of up-and-coming stars.

They just weren't good long enough to get those primetime slots I guess

gently caress off odell

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Aidan Hutchinson is also projected top 5 as an edge rusher and is being comped to the Bosas when they were coming out. How much better is Kayvon than that tier? Is is a clear #1/#2 or a 1A/1B?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/PLeonardNYDN/status/1463210115528413185?t=XhKe-ubzaL-UKAghGYVfBw&s=19

Should have given him a few more games imo

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

Aidan Hutchinson is also projected top 5 as an edge rusher and is being comped to the Bosas when they were coming out. How much better is Kayvon than that tier? Is is a clear #1/#2 or a 1A/1B?

The Bosa bois were high floor and slightly lower ceiling than maybe a few teams would like in a first overall pick while Kayvon has a higher ceiling by just being a freak of nature with not great technique at the moment. If I remember right Hutchinson really took a big step forward this year compared to Kayvon being a rabid dog since day one so that could color the analysis as well

I also think he gets compared to Joey and Nick because he just looks like a Bosa brother that ended up at Michigan instead of Ohio State, strong side defensive end wearing #97 and everything

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Shuffling deck chairs on the titanic

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Truly shocking that the whole Jason Garrett thing didn't work out.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

mcmagic posted:

Who could have seen this coming except literally everyone?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

God that Thanksgiving slate of games is dire and I can’t believe I’m going to watch them all anyway

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

drat e/beaten.

Who could of forseen Garrett being a bad O coordinator?

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFEEEEEEEEEE

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Begrudgingly gotta hand it to him

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Freaquency posted:

God that Thanksgiving slate of games is dire and I can’t believe I’m going to watch them all anyway

betting and fantasy rule

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFEEEEEEEEEE

Freddie Kitchens is the interim

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

mcmagic posted:

1. That’s Coach Garrett to you, champ
2. CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPAPCLAP

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chucktesla posted:

The Bosa bois were high floor and slightly lower ceiling than maybe a few teams would like in a first overall pick while Kayvon has a higher ceiling by just being a freak of nature with not great technique at the moment. If I remember right Hutchinson really took a big step forward this year compared to Kayvon being a rabid dog since day one so that could color the analysis as well

I also think he gets compared to Joey and Nick because he just looks like a Bosa brother that ended up at Michigan instead of Ohio State, strong side defensive end wearing #97 and everything
This is good stuff. Thanks. Someone make the draft thread for those of us already doing mock drafts this time of year.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Ches Neckbeard posted:

gently caress YEAH

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Ches Neckbeard posted:

One million billion times better for the last 7 games. He called the Browns game last year while Garrett was out with COVID and although it was a mess of a game at least they were aggressive, pushed the ball downfield, tried a lot of creative runs, etc. Good fuckin riddance to Jason "four curls" Garrett

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1463184969845592069

Oh hey, I've heard of him, what's he done this year?

50 carries, 130 yards, 2.6 YPC, 1 TD, 7 1sts. 3 receptions, 37 yards 1 TD.

So that's bad, worst RB in a... frightening stable of Texans RB's.

Lindsay is a really talented back who would be awesome on a team that knew how to use him. He could be CmC light on the Patriots or another smart team.