Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

No active players on the Manningcast last night, so the curse goes to Garrett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Watch the loving Giants clean house again but keep Gettleman.

What does he have on them is the only question left. His free agent acquisition has been hilariously bad, literally the worst in the league, constantly overpaying for mediocre players who instantly get worse when they join the team. And he's essentially wasted two high first round picks, Daniel Jones was a mistake just like everyone said at the time. Saquon is a good player probably but way too injured, not a factor in most of their losses/most of their games generally, and simply not what the team actually needed at the SECOND OVERALL PICK.

He's hit on a few players but overall his drafts have been dire, only matched in shittiness by his free agency moves.

I'm not saying Jason Garrett is good but I don't think he's the source of the majority of the team's problems, not even close.

Diva Cupcake posted:

This is good stuff. Thanks. Someone make the draft thread for those of us already doing mock drafts this time of year.

Do it I'd be interested to take a look at who's around, I don't really know anything right now.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Dr_Strangelove posted:

1. That’s Coach Garrett to you, champ
2. CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPAPCLAP

[Garrett family dining room, Thanksgiving]

Dad, can you please pass the gravy?

That's "coach", that's how we do it here.

Uh, well actually dad...

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Titans should cut AP and claim Lindsey asap

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Making fun of Gettleman is fun but his contract is up at the end of the year and it seems extremely certain that he will "retire." The real question is do they hire another conservative vanilla retread or actually try to join the 21st century this time around. Only time will tell. For now, today is a day of celebration

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1463203366654337031?t=vKsNP2vRG8cyuul8i59FiA&s=19

When Michael Irvin is making a solid point you've committed a pretty egregious fuckup

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Saw a mark davis horse today

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Making fun of Gettleman is fun but his contract is up at the end of the year and it seems extremely certain that he will "retire." The real question is do they hire another conservative vanilla retread or actually try to join the 21st century this time around. Only time will tell. For now, today is a day of celebration

Unless Mara backs off and let's someone competent try we are gonna hire a bill belichick scout or something

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Shinjobi posted:

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1463203366654337031?t=vKsNP2vRG8cyuul8i59FiA&s=19

When Michael Irvin is making a solid point you've committed a pretty egregious fuckup

TBF Michael Irvin has never met a drug he didn’t like, his solution would be to offer the Covid vaccine in line form

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pimpcasso posted:

Titans should cut AP and claim Lindsey as AP

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Lindsay is a really talented back who would be awesome on a team that knew how to use him. He could be CmC light on the Patriots or another smart team.

Rams should probably try and claim him

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1463238486870441985

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Freaquency posted:

God that Thanksgiving slate of games is dire and I can’t believe I’m going to watch them all anyway

hell, same

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1463242880877842438?s=21

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chiefs Broncos instead of Herbert-Burrow is interesting

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Shocked!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Herbert Burrow is a better game but I think the eyeballs on DAL / KC influenced them.

The chargers are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that’s left of their fanbase.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Herbert Burrow is a better game but I think the eyeballs on DAL / KC influenced them.

The chargers are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that’s left of their fanbase.

I just want more Primetime Herbie ok.

He seems to play well there!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

sweet thursday posted:

Saw a mark davis horse today

horse wore it better, not even a contest

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams should probably try and claim him

They honestly have to he's almost perfect for them

a neat cape posted:

it's not 'interesting' it's 'loving stupid as hell'.

NFL needs to move on and realize Mahomes isn't the end all be all of football. Maybe if the Chiefs were against a better team I'd feel differently but Chargers Bengals has the potential to be one of the funnest games of the year imo

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Play posted:

it's not 'interesting' it's 'loving stupid as hell'.

NFL needs to move on and realize Mahomes isn't the end all be all of football. Maybe if the Chiefs were against a better team I'd feel differently but Chargers Bengals has the potential to be one of the funnest games of the year imo

Agreed

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Play posted:

people on twitter are pissed but like KC / DAL had more eyeballs than anything since the SB and nobody gives a drat about the Chargers sadly. The Bengals are interesting for football fans but still a joke for people who don't pay attention and those people are the target demo of nationally televised games

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

people on twitter are pissed but like KC / DAL had more eyeballs than anything since the SB and nobody gives a drat about the Chargers sadly. The Bengals are interesting for football fans but still a joke for people who don't pay attention and those people are the target demo of nationally televised games

Denver getting slaughtered on primetime will be neat.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
Are the cowboys looking for a new head coach?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1463248157157040129

I'm one day from being officially concerned about his health

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I spent the past 5 minutes trying to imagine the sort of person who'd rather watch Broncos chiefs over Herbie @ Joe.

I got there but it wasn't pretty.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Most of the country thinks that the Chargers are still in San Diego and that the Bengals folded sometime in the early 90’s

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
It is so loving bizarre to me that so many pro sports participants 'get it' in regards to covid vaccine. It's not about you, it's about the team you dunce. You get the vaxx so we all are safer and able to play. If only my loving awful hospital coworkers could understand this incredibly basic functionality of vaccines instead of crying about biden freedoms my body my choice after they give covid to the pregnant girl.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1463264304371806213

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
They lose game checks for being out on antivaxx contact right?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1463263816582680578?t=L1x1joTA0B538kJb-icUoA&s=19

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

gently caress you Seahawks.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Our beat writer is getting sassy with Chargers Twitter

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1463205762239397889?t=qxRbDawlkcc6ojttoev5IQ&s=19

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/JeffMcDev/status/1463147747293515787

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Another vote for wanting to see Herbie vs Joe in prime time. Herbert is awesome and this is his time right now so they should capitalize on him and make a star.

Mahomes is pretty great but it seems defenses are adjusting and he isn’t as epic this year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gatts posted:

Another vote for wanting to see Herbie vs Joe in prime time. Herbert is awesome and this is his time right now so they should capitalize on him and make a star.

Yeah I think kiimo has it right and this is a pure conservative eyeballs decision on who they think more people would watch. As a football fan I'd rather watch Bengals/Chargers as a neutral fan by far too. Even if the Chiefs go back to sucking and the Broncos clownball their way to a win (which if I were not a Chiefs fan would be very amusing--since I am and it's Denver I guess you might see me melt down a little if it happens)...erm, anyway it's still half Teddy Bridgewater from a QB perspective. At least god willing and Teddy stays healthy, otherwise it'd be half Drew Lock.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 24, 2021

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Can’t the networks protect a couple games per year? Is it possible Bengals-Chargers got protected?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Patrick Mahomes is still the star of the NFL and in his last prime time game he threw five touchdowns.

LAC and CIN is the better matchup but it's two maybe wild card teams with smaller fan bases and two QBs that aren't in the top 10 of marketability/recognizability yet.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm preparing for the Tom Bradyesque hot takes about how Mahomes dinks and dunks his way to victories and his arm has actually been dead since 2018.

If you play cover two and put the two safeties 50 yards down the field the way you beat that is with short intermediate passes and runs and you get easy first downs.

see

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I work too god drat early to watch evening football so I'm happy I'll get to watch Chargers/Bengals on RedZone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

wyoak posted:

Can’t the networks protect a couple games per year? Is it possible Bengals-Chargers got protected?

They each can protect one or two each week.

Also only the 1 o’clock games can get flexed.

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 24, 2021