Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
About The Last Duel not doing well in theaters. In fact, he knows it's an excellent movie. It's just another thing ruined by those dastardly Millennials:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/ridley-scott-blames-the-last-duel-bombing-millennials-1235051736/

A Corncob posted:

“I think what it boils down to — what we’ve got today [are] the audiences who were brought up on these loving cellphones. The millennian [sic] do not ever want to be taught anything unless you’re told it on a cellphone.”

A Corncob posted:

“This is a broad stroke, but I think we’re dealing with it right now with Facebook. This is a misdirection that has happened where it’s given the wrong kind of confidence to this latest generation, I think.”

A Corncob posted:

"We all thought it was a terrific script. And we made it. You can’t win all the time. I’ve never had one regret on any movie I’ve ever made. Nothing. I learned very early on to be your own critic. The only thing you should really have an opinion on is what you just did. Walk away. Make sure you’re happy. And don’t look back. That’s me.”

Millennials: Famous for using Facebook and ruining everything from Harley Davidson to Mayonnaise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Wrong kid died!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Ridley Scott does long podcast interview talking about wide range of things related to the movie, criticism in general, and his history with movies. He talks about past critics of his early work and his mindset towards public and professional criticism. Oh also at some point he mentioned millennials for a few seconds.

Headline: Ridley Scoot blames movie performance on millennials!!!

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Lol that his name is Scott and he's not a chill dude. Smoke a bowl, man.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Oh.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

More like Diddly Squat.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
The last dual? Never heard of it. I’ll watch it on my Apple Watch when it gets to hulu and give a review

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!
Oh a movie that has a graphic rape scene multiple times and centres the plot around it didn't pack them in? loving astonishing.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Sorry he criticized Facebook, op. I know what a big Mark Zuckerberg stan you are.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I just don't want to pay money to see anything with big name actors anymore. Lurch, Ben Aflack, and China's Matt Damon can go gently caress themselves on a yacht.

I like Ridley Scott movies tho so I'll probably end up watching this on an airplane or TBS.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I haven’t even heard of this movie. I’m the last year of gen x does that mean I’m close enough to millennial that I can’t detect this movie?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wow two iron clad crackers stabbing each other with rusty implements, what an exciting concept for a movie

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Is he the alien guy or the aliens guy

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

He makes some good points OP, Facebook IS terrible.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
how is millennian taught?
how they get ticket?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

i must compose posted:

Alien

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

i must compose posted:

Yes

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Guys, this is our fault.

It was our responsibility to go watch this movie in theaters, and we let them down. Think how much more money Ridley Scott, the actors, and Disney would have made if we went to see it.

Aren't you ashamed?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Movie owns tho

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

i must compose posted:

he prefers to be thought of as the alien covenant guy

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Meme Poker Party posted:

how is millennian taught?
how they get ticket?

Through a cellphone.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

i must compose posted:

he's the allen guy

in space, no one can hear yous cream

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
So... The problem is I don't know my audience, which is their fault for being under 45

Ok

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

Haha fuckin lame boring rear end movie where's the guns man

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The Army Warns That Incels Will Shoot Up Theatres Showing The Joker

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Bet this movie doesn't have anything popping out of people's chests stick with what you know

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I think Ridley Scott likes being known as the guy who cast a fat Russell Crowe as Robin Hood, and a very white Joel Egerton as Ramses II.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Should have taken that streaming deal, Ridley

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I think the problem has to be someone other than Ridley Scott. Its unfeasible that he could make a poo poo movie.
Also it is in no way related to Matt Damon fatigue.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Many people rather see a movie at home, news at 11!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Starwars guy and matt damon all mad and old timey horse fighting sounds hella gay dude 2/5

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Isn't this the movie that centers around a guy being falsely accused of raping a woman and he has to fight a duel to prove his innocence? Sounds like incel bait to me.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Also, how does winning a duel prove you are innocent of rape?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
"Movie made by Ridley Scott"? More like "movie made diddly squat"!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Also maybe Rid should have spent less money on avocado toast and more money on advertising

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
OLD MAN YELLS AT CLOUD

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

this is the first i've even heard of this movie. what's up with that?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'll probably watch it at some point. His historical movies are anything but but they're always good looking and often entertaining

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Brother Tadger posted:

Also, how does winning a duel prove you are innocent of rape?

If, with a glove you hit. You must acquit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
"My movie about rape and fighting starring unlikable actors that released only in theaters during a deadly pandemic did poorly, wow gently caress 30 year old adults with cell phones specifically."

-Ridley Scott, known cellphone not-haver