Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

i must compose posted:

Is he the alien guy or the aliens guy

I would have rather had him ruin blade runner instead so we could finally get a good alien movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

hell astro course posted:

this is the first i've even heard of this movie. what's up with that?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Brother Tadger posted:

Also, how does winning a duel prove you are innocent of rape?

Sounds like an old Star Trek episode, tbqh.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Ridley Scott made a jousting movie when the best jousting movie was already made:

Better luck next time, Ridley Snot!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Brother Tadger posted:

Religion

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Brother Tadger posted:

It doesn't prove you are innocent, it means "we gave it a shot, tried to kill him, it didn't work, let's forget about this whole business"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Brother Tadger posted:

They didn't have the DNAs back then. What else were you going to do? Believe the victim???

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Go back to your strengths, Ridley. We want more milky robots, not knight and swords poo poo, that poo poo's everywhere.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Trial by wombat is a long accepted legal tradition

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
lmao that thinking the audience wants more goofy white game of thrones bullshit these days

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Wifi Toilet posted:

Go back to your strengths, Ridley. We want more milky robots, not knight and swords poo poo, that poo poo's everywhere.

He tried that and it also bombed

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

I thought they were trying to capture the Millenial demographic by casting Theo Von as Sir Jean?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

i must compose posted:

Haha fuckin lame boring rear end movie where's the guns man

how dare u

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Why is this movie called "The Last Duel" if it's about medieval knights?

Pretty sure they kept dueling for a while after. You had Musketeers and US (Vice) President dueling. I know all about that, it was a pretty big deal.

I guess it's the last (Judicial) Duel??? But that's not in the title.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Dude's gotta come up with SOME explanation why giving him $100 million to make a gloomy drama for history nerds was actually cool and making no money is someone else's fault, please do it again

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Me, a Millennial, sitting in a theater watching The Last Duel: "This is bullshit. Where's Hamilton, my favorite dueler, whom I know from the internet??? I am going to cellphone all my friends so they don't watch this."

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

https://twitter.com/dril/status/549425182767861760?s=20

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The best dueler is guybrush threepwood. I can't wait for Disney to make a Monkey Island Movie starring Chris Pratt as part of their personal vendetta against me.

WhyZodiac
Oct 29, 2015

Ramrod XTreme
House of Gucci is getting destroyed by critics too, I wonder if he will blame Roblox for it

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
More like Ridley Nott Mad. Heh, nailed it.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

He's probably right and that audiences had more patience in the past for a slower movie and were more likely to give a film their full attention. I'm sure he's noticed it by watching audiences over his entire 40 year career. But he could have sounded less like a grumpy old man.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
casting loving sucks. and why was Kenny Powers wearing a cowboy hat in an Aliens movie?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Producers: Well, Ridley---

Ridley Scott: Please, call me Sir Ridley.

Producers: Of course, our apologies, Sir Ridley. Now, we're all excited to hear the pitch for your next movie.

Sir Ridley Scott: I can sum it up in one word.

Producers: Oh really, and what word is that?

Sir Ridley the Great: "Rape"

Producers: *silence*

Sir Ridley the Great Director: You're flabbergasted, I can tell---

Producers: Well, Sir Ridley, we're not quite sure how that is going to go over given that Hollywood is facing a reckoning given its many sins of sexual harassment and assault.

Sir Ridley the Wise: Oh, it's not glorifying rape. It's about finding justice.

Producers: Ah, well, that's different. Are you thinking about looking into the stories of recent victims?

Sir Ridley the Majestic: No, it's a period piece. It's set in the Middle Ages.

Producers: ...okay...

Sir Ridley the Learned: And it seeks justice for the men accused of rape through a duel.

Producers: Uh...

Sir Ridley the Well-Received: Because I can think of nothing more horrifying than being wrongfully accused of rape.

Producers: ...so you're dead set on doing this.

Sir Ridley the Unyielding: Absolutely.

Producers: Fine. I take it you've got a script?

Sir Ridley the Well-Prepared: Indeed.

Producers: Who wrote it?

Sir Ridley the Very Not Mad: Ben Affleck and Matt Damon.

Producers: *facepalm*

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I got it on my Fitbit. It’s real small, he could have directored it bigger

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The movie is really good

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Too busy watching House of Gucci Mr. Scott sorry your movie sucks

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
ok boomer

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Mostly he's mad he's named after a space dragon

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

I can't prove this because I dont think I've seen all of his movies, but I'm not sure Ridley Scott's ever made a bad one. I'll generally go see something of his. Unfortunately I never even heard of this movie until today. He should be mad at whoever failed to run its marketing campaign

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Goons who never leave the house and have Adblock on literally everything: how have I never heard of this movie???

It's good, see it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

stratdax posted:

Goons who never leave the house and have Adblock on literally everything: how have I never heard of this movie???

It's good, see it.

Yeah it's mad good

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

stratdax posted:

It's good, see it.

I'll wait for my cell phone to tell me to see it :colbert:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its been a long time since I read the book but I thought the husband just wanted to kill the other guy for political reasons and used his wife's situation as an excuse rather than it being about "justice"

hybridnoisebloom
Nov 16, 2021

drat, i thought even the decrepit old people were done with the "you kids and those drat cell phones" thing 5 years ago. get with the times, if you're gonna be a boomer you gotta bitch about twitter or tiktok or something. anyway sorry nobody wanted to see your awesome rape movie ridley i can't imagine why.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
it's set in the past which sounds boring as poo poo like gladiator

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
i aint even mad

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Private Cumshoe posted:

it's set in the past which sounds boring as poo poo like gladiator

gladiator kicks rear end

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Murdstone posted:

More like Diddly Squat.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The movie is really good

I bet it is. I really liked Kingdom of Heaven and that didn't do well either if I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Did they even market this movie at all whatsoever?