Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

smooth jazz posted:

I thought they were trying to capture the Millenial demographic by casting Theo Von as Sir Jean?

Lmao, I thought you were joking about Theo Von

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

why didn't he simply release it through facebook messenger?

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I saw Prometheus.

I saw Covenant.

I will beat Ridley Scott with any device he likes if it leads to him making no further films.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Martian is insufferable. It's a two hour Youtube vlog.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Ridley Scott movies tend to be really slow. Sometimes they have a payoff, like Alien. Most of the times they feel like watching potatoes grow in poo poo, like Hannibal.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

Doctor Dogballs posted:

I can't prove this because I dont think I've seen all of his movies, but I'm not sure Ridley Scott's ever made a bad one.

Black Rain?

I would say that Sir Ridley has a pretty mixed record especially post-2000. The Counselor was received very poorly, the 2010 Robin Hood is also pretty roundly hated. Exodus was poorly reviewed.

I personally think Gladiator and Hannibal are bad but maybe most people like them, and I like Prometheus OK but a lot of people hate it. I couldnt get through Covenant. He's a good director in that his movies look nice but I think he's clearly past it and still just rolling from inertia.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Prometheus was an interesting idea and had some decent body horror involved, but so much of it was riding on Alien nostalgia. It also made the entire story weaker by explaining the xenomorph origin as the product of a crazed android playing God with alien lifeforms.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Ridley Scott needs to make Metroid. Starring Daisy Ridley. And find someone called Scott Daisy to play Ridley.

Post credits scene has Princess Daisy played by Daisy Scott

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

Did they even market this movie at all whatsoever?

I saw a trailer for it before every movie I saw in theaters for months. I must have seen that drat trailer 10 times.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

God will ensure that the guilty party loses the duel.

Think you know better than God, OP?

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

FogHelmut posted:

Did they even market this movie at all whatsoever?

I saw green knight in theaters and there wasn't a trailer for this. If you can't get a trailer for your knight movie in front of the most highly anticipated knight movie in a while that sounds like a you problem, not a millennial problem.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Meme Poker Party posted:

Ridley Scott does long podcast interview talking about wide range of things related to the movie, criticism in general, and his history with movies. He talks about past critics of his early work and his mindset towards public and professional criticism. Oh also at some point he mentioned millennials for a few seconds.

Headline: Ridley Scoot blames movie performance on millennials!!!

Ridley Stan

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I saw a poster for it at a bus stop

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I was very busy listening to Lil Wayne on my phone speaker though

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Rudely Scatt.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

I saw green knight in theaters and there wasn't a trailer for this. If you can't get a trailer for your knight movie in front of the most highly anticipated knight movie in a while that sounds like a you problem, not a millennial problem.

I really wanted to watch The Green Knight in theatres but it just didn't loving come out here. And they wonder why Australians all fly the skull and crossbones.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Friendship ended with Ridley Scott, now Denis Villeneuve is best friend

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

are you guys actually bothered by an 83 year old man complaining about kids these days?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Everyone is extremely upset and in fact melting down

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

stratdax posted:

Goons who never leave the house and have Adblock on literally everything: how have I never heard of this movie???

It's good, see it.

OK COOL LET ME TURN AD BLOCK OFF SO I CAN SEE MOVIE ADS FOR RIDLEY SCOTT JOUSTING FILMS BOY THAT SOUNDS FUN THANKS FOR THE REALLY COOL IDEA

E: SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS ITS STUCK ON AND MUCH LIKE ME FINDING YOUR IDEA GREAT AND AWESOME IM TOO STUPID TO FIX IT

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

What kind of sick gently caress doesn't use adblock

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Every Ridley Scott movie is bad in some major way, with the possible exception of Alien, The Duellists, and Gladiator.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

What kind of sick gently caress doesn't use adblock

I for one want to know how the corporations are making our lives better in These Trying Times.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

After 45 years he's still got the artistic sensibilities of a guy that shoots car commercials.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Wifi Toilet posted:

Go back to your strengths, Ridley.

What? Being thirty years younger?

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Caesar Saladin posted:

are you guys actually bothered by an 83 year old man complaining about kids these days?

Millennials are like 40 years old now but many still insist on reacting to tepid comments like Scott's with the inflated outrage of scolded children.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Dynastocles posted:

Every Ridley Scott movie is bad in some major way, with the possible exception of Alien, The Duellists, and Gladiator.

The Duellists is a really loving cool movie. Its kinda but slow but every scene looks like an oil painting and the duels are actually sick.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
the internet makes you stupid

20 Blunts posted:

The Duellists is a really loving cool movie. Its kinda but slow but every scene looks like an oil painting and the duels are actually sick.

Yeah, it' really a work of art. Much like Alien. These scenes are just amazing to look at, regardless of what is happening on screen.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Strategic Tea posted:

God will ensure that the guilty party loses the duel.

Think you know better than God, OP?

According to calvinism, the chosen are allowed to rape and murder the nonchosen with impunity since the latter group automatically goes to Hell anyway.

So if the guy wins the duel, that doesn't mean he didn't rape anyone, just that he's a chosen and allowed to rape whoever he wants so long as they're a nonchosen.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The only thing I really found offensive is the Facebook comment since Facebook is the domain of angry, addled, aging Boomers who want to share badly artifacted jpegs.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Yaldabaoth posted:

According to calvinism, the chosen are allowed to rape and murder the nonchosen with impunity since the latter group automatically goes to Hell anyway.

So if the guy wins the duel, that doesn't mean he didn't rape anyone, just that he's a chosen and allowed to rape whoever he wants so long as they're a nonchosen.

John Calvin lived 100 years after the last duel guys fwiw

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

movie was pretty good. the actual duel part owned especially.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

also the guy accused of rape was the one who lost. the system works, despite what atheists would have you believe (nothing).

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Crespolini posted:

also the guy accused of rape was the one who lost. the system works, despite what atheists would have you believe (nothing).

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Crespolini posted:

Meanwhile theists want me to believe that a woman can't be raped because God said a woman's sole duty on Earth is to have sex with men and produce offspring, so women who refuse to fulfil this duty are the real rapists or some poo poo like that.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Yaldabaoth posted:

Meanwhile theists want me to believe that a woman can't be raped because God said a woman's sole duty on Earth is to have sex with men and produce offspring, so women who refuse to fulfil this duty are the real rapists or some poo poo like that.

I don't think you get how duels work.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i thought it was really lame and unsatisfying how the duel ended with an out of bounds violation

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
It looks really pbs-y and the only pbs-y movie I'm going to risk my lungs watching in theaters with the rest of covid-brained feral humanity is the new Downton Abbey movie, because I am inveeeeested.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Ridley scott does good sets and shots and everything else is terrible and a rape analogy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.

Crazypoops posted:

Ridley scott does good sets and shots and everything else is terrible and a rape analogy

Hullo username brother