Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

FIFA and the Qatari government should never be forgiven for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Beffer posted:

I'm Australian. We don't give a gently caress. Nobody wants to see more trash teams at the WC. gently caress FIFA.

Southeast Asian teams wants more trash teams at the WC. Thailand and Vietnam can't hurdle the West Asian powers like UAE, Bahrain, and Lebanon(???). But we would let you drink and gay, we promise. No promises about the heat though.

joepinetree posted:

What will make it even better is that you won't be able to have it like you do now where the last group game is simultaneous. Every group will have one team that will already be done, and 2 playing knowing exactly what they need to advance, as well as potentially what their next round draw will be.

that is genuinely a problem with an already ugly format. i thought it would be 8 groups with 6 teams top two go thru, no best thirds.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

FullLeatherJacket posted:

this would be cool and good, but also involve 136 games of football over a month

i thought that was why we needed three countries and an entire continent this time

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

if we're doing the north american world cup it should definitely be hex quals from colombus to puebla into knockouts.

i wouldn't mind if only the winner each hex group advances, if we're allowing bad teams into the world cup you should beat the bad and the good outright to get to quarterfinals. everyone gets five games to hit the ground running or perish, five games for each team after a four year wait seems fair and we get to see more euro teams like ireland, hungary, or north macedonia.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

AceOfFlames posted:

For the second time in a row. I assume that's why they went fash.

Didn't Leicester go fash because their football team sucks now?

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

NotJustANumber99 posted:

first the 6 thousand dead workers, stealing flags off gays, a desolate uninhabitable overpriced container wasteland and now a mediocre wrap? Theyve gone too far.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

don't mention the wins above replacement

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

turkey did that with ennes kanter and while i also personally repudiate ennes kanter, exiling and castigating your recognizable star athletes is a bad habit when you want people to forget about your multiple genocides.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

State agencies sending anonymous death threats to civil rights activists, their friends, and their families has been modus operandi since 1968. The entire point is to create an environment of stress and paranoia, where even if the activist's will is stubborn, the body never leaves fight or flight response. Their concern for their fellow man is weaponized against them.

Furthermore, a benign and functioning country would place emergency defib machines in the hallway outside the press suite of a world-class stadium, in the same way fire extinguishers are inside glass cases on walls in high-traffic areas a where a helpful passerby can take the life saving equipment to the scene to be administered by a trained professional.

Wahl's family can wait for the autopsy before creating a civil suit, but this is a workplace death. The state of Qatar is culpable even if it was not an assassination. This is exactly what we were told in the lead up to the tournament during the construction of these ghostly mausoleums: The state of Qatar does not believe a worker's life is worth a $2000 settlement, or a $1000 defibrillator.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

I can't believe this thread knew so well that Qatar was the Elon Musk of Countries