Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

vyelkin posted:

new gangtag just dropped

I unironically want one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I think they all got $2m in literal brown envelopes back in 2010 op

Ok, this is probably going to sound like the stupidest question in the world: how do these people then deposit this money in the bank? Do they all have Swiss bank accounts (I guess since their HQ is in literal Switzerland). I ask because if I get a transfer from abroad (I still have some savings back home) my own bank immediately sends me an email asking me where I got this money and all but asking me if I am a money launderer. I can't imagine asking for a bribe and not getting caught thanks to the nature of banking.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm not gonna lie if any of the gulf royals gave me as much money as the qatari's gave Infantino I will immediately sell all of you out and dive into my money pile. I wont even bother defending it. I wish these westerner officials would stop pretending they're something more than just a money grubbing hypocrite and just say 'gently caress you I'm a millionare now eat poo poo losers'. that's the only argument that would be morally consistent with the types to who go do LIV gold of something.

In other "incredibly stupid" question, why is it that people who get bribed simply not keep the money and not do anything? What can the bribee do in that case, call the police for them not taking your illegal bribe? If someone paid me 1m to vote for them, I'd just keep it, not do it then get another job.

Edit: i guess the answer is "hope they bribe you again in the future" but given the pettiness of the people who do these things i wouldn't count on it, personally.

I'd be the worst criminal.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 19, 2022

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Teach posted:

Someone said that's the ghost of the dead migrant workers.

Qasper t_he Migrant_ Ghost_

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Mustard Iceman posted:

I just remembered that Italy didn't make it. lol. worth it.

For the second time in a row. I assume that's why they went fash.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Not to take away from the serious issue but I can never get over how loving decadently fancy athlete locker rooms are these days. Not as disgusting a use of money as when college football locker rooms are like this but still. Just put some goddamn lockers and closets, not a loving spaceship pod.

With messages like these, they should be made to change outside in the desert.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

One of the Portuguese weekly papers has an exclusive claiming that Qatar will blacklist Portugal as soon as the WC is over because our President pissed off everyone by ignoring calls for him to not attend the Cup in person and criticising Qatar's human rights abuses once he was actually in Qatar.

https://sol.sapo.pt/artigo/786442/portugal-vai-para-a-lista-negra-do-qatar

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Lol, they are showing Macron more often than the French coach

(My family is watching this and they will not acknowledge my protest)

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Finally this poo poo is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Today I feel like a goldmined thread