Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Luigi Thirty posted:

I mean the Qatari national team is supposed to be okay by national team standards so I'm going to need better evidence than a tweet that misspells Ecuador

They have gone 5-0 in friendlies in October against teams like Nicaragua, Honduras, Panama and Albania. They are probably better than that level of teams, and probably won’t look hideous, but they presumably will end up,last in their group. I don’t believe a random tweet about Ecadourian insiders, but I don’t find it impossible they might try to fix a match.

Saudi-Arabia is among Asia’s best teams and can lose 0-5 to Russia for example, and Qatar is probably worse. They might fear that kind of result without anything to show for it in their slavery games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Failed Imagineer posted:

Qat_ar's rainy season is coming soon. Some security guy is going to see an actual rainbow and start firing randomly into the sky

In theory there can be one or two days of rain per month, yes.

Shooting can continue until weather improves, nevertheless

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
Dunno how badly that would have gone, but if Morocco had gotten the world cup before, this might not have happened now. One more thing for Platini to answer for in a court he will never go to.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Koreans breathing a sigh of relief

As if they were given fans to their containers

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Crazy Ted posted:

Coincidentally, the international ones are pretty much all based in Switzerland.

It's the neutrality to take bribes from every part of the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Pook Good Mook posted:

If the yardstick is "for an Arab country" it's still a tremendous embarrassment and waste of money. If that was the criteria give it to loving Egypt or Morocco (who has wanted it for decades).

I'm sorry, games were mostly good, great final, but gently caress Qatar.