Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
So far tournament is looking extremely fake and not gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

How poo poo must the rest of Doha be if everyone's so desperate to get into the shipping container tent shithole for a can of bud

Looking on booking.com you can get a hotel room for like a hundred quid, where you can presumably also drink, these people are dumb as gently caress

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

To be fair to them, I’m guessing they reserved these accommodations based on the bill of goods they were sold. Not really their fault that after 12 years and $200b spent, the best Qatar could muster was a storage container prison camp.

Well, ok, but they can still just leave and go to a hotel and cut their losses. Not a huge amount of sympathy for anyone who traveled there tbh

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Alan Smithee posted:

im late to the meme game, someone explain CUM

Canada USA Mexico - a continent of CUM

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Eau de MacGowan posted:

invite qatar to cum 2026 and serve them nothing but bacon and budwesier because ‘its just our culture’

Has the advantage of being true for Canada and US at least

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Al-Saqr posted:

isnt this just being in the west in general? when I lived west I had to cut out lots of things off my diet like Pepporoni and meatballs because it was all pork.

when I got back home I ate all the triple pepporoni pizzas I can.

So pepperoni in Saudi isn't pork? :wtc:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Strawman posted:

What do you think they use in Muslim owned places in the west that don't do ham?

Dunno I've never been into a Muslim pizzeria

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

He was a good lad either way, but nice to see the obvious confirmed. Also, David Beckham is a bellend

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
You need to ask for a steamed ham instead, it's usually off-menu

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tai posted:

Love how the Emir Tamind is gay and it's just an open secret he goes 12 miles off shore to be gay and no one gives a gently caress.

p.s. I'm not even joking

I want to believe. I want to lol

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tai posted:

Good friend of mine worked as one of the engineers on one of his yachts. Most thursday to saturday evening about 8-10 guys would come on. Spear fish during the day and shag at night and party. This was before he became Emir so maybe he doesn't now but I dobut it.

No religious law at sea

That sounds like a really nice day out if you're into man-love tbh

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

jeebus bob posted:

I didn't really think about this until just now but 48 / 195 means just over a quarter of the world's countries will be going to the world cup

If Ireland doesnt make it this time I will do violence. I need that first -round CUM knockout

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Yeah I'd rather Ireland were not involved than us having to spend a decade listening to "British Isles" bullshit

:qq: BUT ITS JUST GEOGRAPHY:qq:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goatface posted:

Great Britain and Ireland.

Or the Anglo-Celtic massive.

Yeah Britain and Ireland is fine. Or vice versa

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mickolution posted:

Eh, I've always found that clunky. I've literally only ever seen anyone give complain about the term British Isles online and in the last few years. Anyway, not the place for this discussion.

Ireland doesnt use it, the UN doesn't use it, and IIRC even the British government doesn't use it (at least when dealing with us), so best to just not use it. Its not a human rights violation it just sounds dumb cause it's wrong and colonial

E: vvvvvvv :hmmyes:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Qat_ar's rainy season is coming soon. Some security guy is going to see an actual rainbow and start firing randomly into the sky

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Serbs gonna serb

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

first the 6 thousand dead workers, stealing flags off gays, a desolate uninhabitable overpriced container wasteland and now a mediocre wrap? Theyve gone too far.

Did you mean to post this in your self-build thread

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Crazy Ted posted:

not to beat a dead horse here but if you can't be bothered to serve someone chicken with some kind of sauce what the gently caress are you even doing

If you beat a dead horse til it's tender you've got some good scran meat right there

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Every goal is worth 10 points, game split into 4 x 22.5 min quarters to allow for a Bud break

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goatface posted:

Repêchage. Everyone loves a repêchage.

Ronaldo paid a lot of money to make those repe chages disappear

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tai posted:

A boot to the face from the Qatar legacy ambassador. How fitting.

"If you want a picture of the future of football, imagine a boot stamping on a fan's face— forever. ” ― George Orwell, 1984 Gianni Infantino

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Can't wait for the Nightlympics of Death that sucks loving poo poo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I'm still not sure how 2014 cost $11bn, 2018 cost $14bn, but 2022 cost $200bn and it still sucked rear end and there was no metro built.

Good thing those stadiums will now be put to good use

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

vyelkin posted:

the countries that hosted in 2014 and 2018 already had stadiums and infrastructure

The most expensive stadiums in the world cost $1-2bn, the ones built by slaves should theoretically come out a little cheaper. Same basically for metro lines. $200bn is a lot of cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Ah gently caress, I can't believe you've done this