Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Vegetable posted:

If they’re gonna pay for fans to be there they should get their money’s worth by requiring them to rehearse chants, songs and dances. 90 minutes of choreographed fan programming every game, no less.

Finally, it's Austin FC's time to shine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Also, if I remember correctly the careers of both men doing the black glove salute were effectively ended immediately afterwards. Avery Brundage, a legendary shithead who was head of the Olympics, basically threatened to send an entire swath of the US Olympic Team straight home if they didn't do his bidding and ban Smith & Carlos.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar boycotted those Olympics for similar reasons and the media destroyed his character and went after him for decades because of it. His career pretty obviously wasn't ended because of it but it definitely obliterated his public image for the rest of his career.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bea Nanner posted:

im beginning to think this world cup has some problems

hosed up if true

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

congrats to Qatar for Asia's first World Cup

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I'm excited for a Vanuatu/Surinam/Equitorial Guinea/Kyrgyzstan group

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

tubthumping is the rallying cry of anti-irish sentiment, I am learning all sorts of things about the UK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

Ah, a fellow fan of every football team in the world