Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1592147541524885504?s=20&t=nxrY-9YFRWf6nrelI5tAxg

the Qatari royal family doesn’t want beer served near uhhhh other concession points and didn’t tell anyone until 2 days ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I mean the Qatari national team is supposed to be okay by national team standards so I'm going to need better evidence than a tweet that misspells Ecuador

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

webmeister posted:

That can absolutely happen though, a friend’s dad had a massive heart attack walking out of Old Trafford earlier this year, and despite immediate attention from doctors, CPR, an AED and being rushed to hospital within minutes, his heart just never started again. He wasn’t that old either, and in reasonable health.

Not saying that’s happened here, and I really hope there’s an open, honest and genuine investigation (preferably an independent one) because everyone deserves to know the truth.

Yeah, and the conflicting reports even a few posts up ("he was ubered to a hospital" vs "they didn't move his body until after penalties") means we definitely don't know the story yet. Jim Henson went from a sore throat to waking up dead in the span of a few days. What would Qatar have to gain from killing an American journalist who would most likely never step foot in the country again after another week or so? I could buy that orders came down from on high about intentional negligence but I don't buy that they fed him polonium soup or whatever.

Obviously, the best course of action is to get him back to the US for a proper autopsy.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Barry Shitpeas posted:

you can't call it soccer and also have hooligans, that's cultural appropriation

are you besmirching Scottish Soccer Hooligan Weekly