Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Would h3/h6 or a3/a6 really be considered pushing? When I think pushing I think something like h3 then g4. But I don't know poo poo about gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butros
Aug 2, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

chess.com’s openings section, which shows the most popular replies to a position without showing any analysis of advantage, is okay? or no?

website that doesn't allow cheating has built in tool to allow cheating

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I'm watching chessbrahs because Hikaru is annoying but I also want to swtich over to see him losing his mind.

edit: ooh GM Hansen is challengin Magnus while they wait

butros
Aug 2, 2007

it's Fart Simpson

butros
Aug 2, 2007

:justpost: one

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

Solution:

1...Rxc5 (starting with Rb1+ transposes) 2.Rxc5 Rb1+ 3.Kg2 Nf4+! 4.Kf3 Rb3+ 5.Kxf4 g5+ 0-1 (6.Kxg5 Qxe4 -+)

Love it.

Does 3. Kg2 Ne3 work? or does it have to be Nf4?

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

I didn't check it with the computer but Ne3 blocks Rb3+, meaning you can't push the king away from the queen.

Ah I see it, thanks.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

T.C. posted:

Don't worry, the cheating microscope is off of chess and on to stuffing weights into fish

https://twitter.com/Billyhottakes/status/1576246821139070976?s=20&t=qVDmXvkW1AgmocGKRjfXOA

butros
Aug 2, 2007

stratdax posted:

Friendship with chess.com over, now lichess is new best friend.
Zen mode + pentatonic sounds? Amazing. Analysis board, unlimited puzzles, this site has it all.

How dishonourable is it to not accept an opponent's request to take back a move, when it's obvious they mis-clicked, but I'm in a losing position and capitalizing on it means I'll be able to win?

I have a feeling the answer is "very, but tough luck, opponent should have been more careful in such a critical position".

I've accepted take-back requests when positions are equal and it's obvious they were trying to Castle or something.

I just needed that win, damnit.

never request nor accept a request for a takeback.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I just got rating points refunded by chesscom because I played against a cheater thanks chesscom

butros
Aug 2, 2007

That passed pawn on d6 is making me queasy as black even if you try to trade down going to be really tough to stop.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

former glory posted:

12% pass rate

Qxh4?

butros
Aug 2, 2007

the boxing rounds need to be longer if the ref is going to take forever to break the clincT and also to do the standing 8 counts.

They also need to speed things up between rounds as the transition took way too long.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Nxe6?

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Huxley posted:

How many games do I need to play before I stop playing to a huge advantage then hanging my queen while I tunnel vision mate in 2?

I have played 17,876 games on chesscom so more than that

butros
Aug 2, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

a while back someone linked a training tool that was like puzzles except specifically for avoiding blunders. anyone remember what that was?

Aimchess has a Blunder Preventer thing that actually draws on positions with your own games.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

If you want a shitton of daily games just sign up for tournaments. You will not go begging.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Well that was quick

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Not just bishops :smithcloud:

butros
Aug 2, 2007

The ones where I dismantle and crush my opponents effortlessly duh

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I like this May I have it please (replacing cum infections if thsi actulaly happens)

butros fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Oct 24, 2023

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Sataere posted:

Like I said, I know lichess is the goon option of choice. I actually like chess.com and don't really feel an inclination to change. Just wondering if there are goons who I can play with there.

Here ya go

https://www.chess.com/club/keep-your-fork

butros
Aug 2, 2007

If you can’t love me at my ?? you don’t deserve me at my !!

butros
Aug 2, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

tell me you play too much bullet without etc

:whitewater:

butros
Aug 2, 2007

My first instinct is Bxg4 trading the bishop for two pawns and creating connected passers and black probably can’t defend the pawn on the H file either

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Lotsa results you love to see it!

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Oh my god Gukesh v Alireza

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Fuckin wild. Alireza makes time control with the mate, Gukesh had to hold for just one more move that was absolutely insane. I’ve never actually seen mate on the board at this level but you know the only reason is because Gukesh literally had two seconds on his clock.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I have a feeling we're watching Alireza's supervillain arc kicking off

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Chesscoms chyron for him read “2013 Candidates Winner” and I’m still laughing about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Chess Kid app is p good