Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
As long as it's not that russian dude again, who randomly started spouting anti-vaxx bs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

joe football posted:

I only do puzzles because I know I'd just get incredibly :argh: playing actual chess

This is me. Online pvp raises my anxiety too much, no matter what game.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
It's also my first time, and I'm not sure I'll be able to follow all games. Watching chess, especially high-level chess, you're constantly trying to deconstruct the moves, trying to figure out what their overall strategy is... as a newcomer, it's pretty taxing. My brain is already smoking after three days, pretty sure I'm gonna skip a whole bunch and tune back in at the end.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
According to Anan, the loss against Magnus the other day must have broken Nepo's brain, because he can't find another explanation for this play. Got handed a draw on a silver platter, and chose something else, quote unquote.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
The worst thing about Hikaru streams is his music. Holy poo poo I wish every day he would get DMCA-striked. So bad.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I only caught a couple seconds of that Hikaru post-game interview, but Hikaru said something like "I don't know why Fabi would do this to me", and chat spammed something about disrespect. What was he referring to?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
ah yeah, that's probably it.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
About that Rapid Chess Championship...

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

fart simpson posted:

forums poster sub rosa said that anish giri said that magnus said that fide is only 40% likely to agree to magnus’ terms. good news for hikaru fans? only time will tell

buddy just travel to madrid and ask magnito himself.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
FIDE makes me think they're a bunch of crusty old white dudes, that enjoy their authority a little bit too much.

So like the majority of sports orgs.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
One thing that surprised me about chess, is the amount of drama queens and primadonnas at the top level. I always thought of it as a highly intellectual exercise, and assumed everyone was calm and calculating. Well lol. They're just humans after all.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Guys the solution was just posted in Chessbrah's chat

quote:

I have confirmed Hans was using a Bluetooth prostate massager to have moves relayed to him in Morse code. Please do not ask how I have done it, but just know I have now acquired the very device Hans was using. I can confirm it is very strong and after 1 hour of use, I am very tired myself. This fatigue might explain Hans’ inability to analyze the games in the post game interviews.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
yikes

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I'm pro-anal beads.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

V for Vegas posted:

FMD I am sick to death of all this poo poo. And it's not going to stop anytime soon.

Yes, it's tiring and taints the whole sport.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Are any of the big russian players part of the current mobilization? Where does Nepo live?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Finegold is a butthurt midlife crisis dude who's angry he never made it to the top.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Hikaru is currently reading a new Vice article on stream, apparently new stuff? Who knows.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
So there's still no proof he cheated OTB against Carlsen at Sinquefield, great, end of story.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Krush about to ask him if he likes pegging.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I hope there'll be a biopic about Hans where he's this 5head "want to see the world burn" nihilist, one of the Botez can be his Poison Ivy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Idk everyone seems like a douchebag in this saga.

e: snipe penalty

Adafruit posted:

Cheekmate - a Wireless Haptic Communication System

Social media is abuzz lately over the prospect of cheating in tournament strategy games. Is it happening? How is that possible with officials watching? Could there be a hidden receiver somewhere? What can be done to rectify this? These are probing questions!

We’ll get to the bottom of this by making a simple one-way hidden communicator using Adafruit parts and the Adafruit IO service. Not for actual cheating of course, that would be asinine…in brief, a stain on the sport…but to record for posterity whether this sort of backdoor intrusion is even plausible or just an internet myth.

https://learn.adafruit.com/cheekmate-wireless-haptic-communication?view=all

busalover fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 21, 2022