Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

That broke my heart a little, but Ian is really impressive. Him and Fabi tomorrow will be a cool battle.

Pragg and Gukesh, though. So crazy good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Lichess has pretty good commentary (Irene Sukandar and others, incl Eric Rosen sometimes). It includes women’s matches and isn’t quite as dynamic, without the video feed. Polgar and Leko add a lot of gravity while being fun on the main chess24 stream. Nice to have some alternate takes in the late games.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

I wish there was another site to watch from. Even if lichess could get audio only to the page with the boards. I can't stand the advertising twitch enforces, they became such a miserable platform since amazon bought it.
When Twitch is a necessary evil, I find I have more luck with my phone's ad blocking. I use my phone to cast Twitch to my TV, rather than an app on a device connected to my TV. Sometimes I'll get 1-2 ads right off the bat, but after that they stop.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

I think Bob Hess is sharing Ian's vodka. He gets gradually less well-edged as each broadcast goes on.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

The Cheshire Cat posted:

When playing over the board as a beginner make sure you're playing against someone better than you, because in my experience I really need someone to tell me when checkmate has happened.
I was wondering how many times I've castled through check.