Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

fart simpson posted:

nepo’s gonna win

*stomping and chanting* ne-po, ne-po

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
you mean "1st and 8th ranks" right :smug:

e: oh god I hosed it up

VROOM VROOM fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 26, 2021

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

edit: VVV Chessnetwork is 100% family friendly

Unlike GM Benjamin Finegold whose second thing said after I opened the stream was "it's irrelevant that White controls the e file here because they can't penetrate...they don't allow that sort of thing in the UAE"

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Game 3 draw and I'm glad I'm half paying attention to the Q+A afterward:
"Today's game was analyzed in a database up through move 20 two days ago. If this turned out to be one of your team forgetting to mark it private, how would you react?"
Magnus: "no comment"
Then the next question was about brain drug chess doping :lol:

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Redmark posted:

Maybe a dumb question: what is the purpose of the touch-move rule in OTB chess? If I had to guess I'd say it's to punish players for not thinking through their move before touching; but if you touch a piece with no legal moves, there's no penalty, which seems to avoid punishment for the arguably worse offense. Is that just because such situations are rare enough in high-level play that no one cares either way?

If you could touch the pieces grandmasters would just be drumming on them shits to bait their opponent into wasting a bunch of brain analyzing decoy lines

Also the above

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
did he say he was drinking a big glass of piss today too

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
get their asses hans

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
at this point 1) I believe Hans has been cheating his rear end off and 2) I'm glad of it lol lmao

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Loooool Hans just won his Round 1 game, the only person to do so, and said "the chess speaks for itself" again and walked away

legend

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Chess rules

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
I hope Hans sues them from the UK

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
5+3 is where it's at

even better if it's low elo 5+3 where every game ends with both players having 3-4 minutes on the clock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Wesley are you ok