Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

LiquidFriend posted:

I'm not sold that Veach unloaded Tyreek to spend even more trying to replace him.

I'm feeling they go after Thibodeaux if he slides out of the top 5.

Maybe if they gave up every single pick in this year's draft would they be able to trade up to number 6 from 29 and 30. Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

Gute's gonna ship Love and one of the firsts down the river for him I can feel it in my BONES

It's smokescreen season but I am seeing a lot of chatter that if Love went in this draft he would be the first QB taken over Willis/Pickett/Ridder.

I don't think he has that much value left though, after burning two seasons of his rookie contract.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also he looked really lovely in the little bit he's played.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Abugadu posted:

We’d better not loving well trade up for Olave immediately after the top 3 WRs fly off the board, gently caress

It's actually the rare lose/lose trade as trading down for Hill would be a big whiff for Baltimore.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Jordan Love sucks rear end and would have dropped if the Packers didn't panic pick during covid.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1519708665082691585?s=20&t=2TpsRIdbJyuHB_RW9SDCkQ

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Worst smoke screen.

Punts for the punt god but I want to know which Shanny team gets a fullback first.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's smokescreen season but I am seeing a lot of chatter that if Love went in this draft he would be the first QB taken over Willis/Pickett/Ridder.

I don't think he has that much value left though, after burning two seasons of his rookie contract.

why are you doing this to me

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1519721332719579136?s=20&t=2TpsRIdbJyuHB_RW9SDCkQ

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Covid draft ruled

https://twitter.com/themichaellark/status/1253533212674007043?s=20&t=GlkWhP7JU8ksf94KH1b1sQ

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I wonder how different the draft would be if trades were forbidden during the draft. You'd have to make all your moves and trades before it started.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

hey what was the program espn did last year that didn’t show the draft but had like mike golic jr and others doing live reactions of all the picks? are they doing something like that this year?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sudo rm -rf posted:

hey what was the program espn did last year that didn’t show the draft but had like mike golic jr and others doing live reactions of all the picks? are they doing something like that this year?

It might be on twitter or ESPN+, it doesn't look like it's one of the normal broadcasts. Wasn't it mostly on twitter last year?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
They also have one on ABC that's different IIRC.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I want a Nickelodeon draft coverage show. Slime the rookies!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Is this the TVIV thread for when this thing gets started then?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BiggerBoat posted:

Is this the TVIV thread for when this thing gets started then?

Someone will start one when things get going. We'll leave this one here for our hot takes before the draft to remain enshrined.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'd take him #1

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1519776538241216516?s=20&t=2TpsRIdbJyuHB_RW9SDCkQ

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Ok thanks. I'll just be hanging out here

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

I too have a cum necklace

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
gently caress me, I do not believe in Olave, I do not want him. In general, I don't want to trade up in the first round at all; I'm fine with trading up in the second or third though.

Also does Schrager really not have Nakobe Dean going in the first round?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

No Butt Stuff posted:

I’m assuming this means the first WR off the board won’t happen until the mid teens.

I agree, personally I think receivers won't start getting taken until the late tens or teens. The beginning of the draft is gonna be all tackles, edge players, and cornerbacks. With maybe one QB thrown in, who knows.

Nosre posted:

More Quay Walker LB1 / pick 21 smoke today.

It's not out of left field at least (hi Tavon Wilson), so someone reassure me this isn't a Belichickean overreach

I mean I guess I get it, but it's a pure size/speed move. They both played on the same defense and Nakobe Dean looked a LOT better. I think Nakobe Dean will be a better player but I've been wrong (many times) before

SKULL.GIF posted:

I really don't think so. I think he'd be right around Pickett/Howell/Corral maybe

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

surf rock posted:

Also does Schrager really not have Nakobe Dean going in the first round?

There's been buzz about this going around this week. I don't know, he's really tiny I guess. He's also really goddamned good. If he does fall I'd imagine he goes pretty quick in the second round.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This loving suit.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1519793920607080448

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Enjoy the festivities draft frens. I gotta go work out and then work for the day but I'm gonna try and either rage post / celebrate around meetings.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Nakobe Dean is now at the top of my draft board

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1519796028852948992?s=20&t=kMSQMfh8MZu_yECO0fTumw

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

With the draft only 2 hours away post your draft crush even if its not a good fit for your team

I'm smitten with Jordan Davis in the same way I was with DK metcalf. Just a big physical freak of a man. Sure the hawks don't NEED a DT with thier first pick but the dude is just a beast.

Dream scenario is they trade back to 13 so the texans can take stingly or penning (im absolutely not sold on him) and the hawks take davis at 13

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Johan Dotson looks foolproof. Love that kid. Doesn't fit in Baltimore but if he was there in the 2nd round I'd be okay with the Ravens grabbing him.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

EmbryoSteve posted:

With the draft only 2 hours away post your draft crush even if its not a good fit for your team

I'm smitten with Jordan Davis in the same way I was with DK metcalf. Just a big physical freak of a man. Sure the hawks don't NEED a DT with thier first pick but the dude is just a beast.

Dream scenario is they trade back to 13 so the texans can take stingly or penning (im absolutely not sold on him) and the hawks take davis at 13

Philips from notre dame

Play
Apr 25, 2006

For the top end my draft crushes are Ahmad Gardner and Malik Willis. Gardner has a combination of size, speed, agility and production that you just don't see very often. And his tape is really good. I think he has a chance to be, like, an epically good corner. I like Stingley too but Gardner is my dude. For Malik Willis, I think he's got the best chance of all the QBs to be a franchise changing guy. I'm a bit split on the tackles, but for the wide receivers I think Garrett Wilson is going to be the best one. Just love how he plays, maybe I wish his arms were a bit longer but he's a diamond I think and is gonna be a baller.

I am putting this all on record so I can be mocked (like made fun of, not mock drafted)

For day 2, I'm very high on Sean Rhyan who I think might end up being the best guard in this class when all is said and done. Troy Andersen and Leo Chenal are some favored off ball linebackers. Zach Tom is a guy who I legitimately think can play tackle in the league if he can get a little thicker and up his play strength. I'm actually not sold on him as a center, he has more of a tackle frame even if he is a little small at 6'5 295. At day 2 corner Kaiir Elam is my guy, and of course I absolutely love Kenneth Walker, he's gonna make some team very happy.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Brett Kollman seems to think that the Lions will zig when they should zag and will take Willis at number 2. That would be a bomb lol

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Daniel Faalele.

He is all that is man.

Right tackle from Olympus.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Daniel Faalele.

He is all that is man.

Right tackle from Olympus.

Got all the qualities you want in a football player other than being good at playing football.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Can’t coach size, my friend

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Can’t coach size, my friend

That's been the problem.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I’ve come around. I want Jameson Williams.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Let's just get this over with so the Jags can gently caress up and take the 4th-best DE in this class

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

I’ve come around. I want Jameson Williams.

If healthy and if he retains his speed… that’s a spicy meat-a-ball of a player!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm about 80% sure Willis is going top 10 and is going to suck.