Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Brennan posted:

I mean we managed to beat Kansas to get to a bowl game.

Man, just think. If Texas beat Kansas they'd be able to do the same...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Brennan posted:

What bowl is Texas going to?

:thunk:

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Does this count as Billy Napier's first major recruiting win at Florida?

https://twitter.com/GatorDave_SEC/status/1464710597010808834?s=20

lmao FSU had their season ended by a team that quit 6 weeks ago

How fired is Manny Diaz for not beating FSU while a coachless Florida team did? I want to hook Le Batard into my veins if and when Manny is retained.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Bedlam just wow what a game

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Godzilla07 posted:

Does this count as Billy Napier's first major recruiting win at Florida?

https://twitter.com/GatorDave_SEC/status/1464710597010808834?s=20

lmao FSU had their season ended by a team that quit 6 weeks ago

How fired is Manny Diaz for not beating FSU while a coachless Florida team did? I want to hook Le Batard into my veins if and when Manny is retained.

I had pretty much resigned to a bad loss to a bad FSU team but honestly this win felt good and gently caress the Noles forever (except TFF Noles, they’re cool)

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction

Metapod posted:

Bedlam just wow what a game

Yeah, that game made my whole year seem better. Pathetic? Maybe. I'll take it.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Oklahoma State absolutely deserved that win, OU is not very good this year and played like especial dog poo poo tonight.

The sour grapes in here from other Big 12 fans is pretty funny though. OU doesn't win their 7th straight conference title so now they're going to be a doormat in the SEC. Gotcha.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TipTow posted:

The sour grapes in here from other Big 12 fans is pretty funny though. OU doesn't win their 7th straight conference title so now they're going to be a doormat in the SEC. Gotcha.

Y'all gonna be Tennessee with more boring colors

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah ou is gonna be in the sec championship game constantly. Texas will be a doormat lol.

I don't think they can win but I really want to see okst go against Georgia just to see if they can pull off some magic

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

TipTow posted:

Oklahoma State absolutely deserved that win, OU is not very good this year and played like especial dog poo poo tonight.

yeah lol, cause OU has been dominant in all of their playoff opportunities

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I think the objectively best playoff we can get at this point is Georgia/Michigan/Cinci/OkSt but I think Notre Dame might end up throwing a wrench into that ideal

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

TipTow posted:

Yes, please regale us with all of OU's glorious playoff wins vs SEC opponents

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

DC Murderverse posted:

I think the objectively best playoff we can get at this point is Georgia/Michigan/Cinci/OkSt but I think Notre Dame might end up throwing a wrench into that ideal

i'm a pessimist so its gonna loving be georgia, alabama, michigan, ohio state. okie and notre dame might mess around with it a little. no loving way they ever put cinci in it. its all about money.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm pretty sure that Penn State would be #2 right now if "convert 3rd and 2" was a thing my team was capable of doing.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Borsche69 posted:

yeah lol, cause OU has been dominant in all of their playoff opportunities

We're good enough to get there nearly every year. 120+ of FBS programs would kill to be us.

And besides, people in here were claiming we're going to get trucked in the SEC, nothing about the playoffs. Pathetic.

Spiritus Nox posted:

You stopped posting after Briles got fired, you should consider doing again.

Brennan posted:

Yes, please regale us with all of OU's glorious playoff wins vs SEC opponents

WVU would kill to be OU lmao

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Sash! posted:

I'm pretty sure that Penn State would be #2 right now if "convert 3rd and 2" was a thing my team was capable of doing.

lol. otoh psu has way more poo poo wrong than that

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It is weird to me to see sooner haters act like Alabama and Georgia are the only 2 teams in the sec when there are others that exist and are all extremely dysfunctional

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

TipTow posted:

After multiple trips to WVU games at Norman and participating in your pathetic tailgates I would not in fact kill to be OU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

A two-loss Bama that took three overtimes to beat 6-6 Auburn is not making the playoffs. Them winning over Georgia would gently caress things up severely but the teams people think are gonna get in over Cinci have too clear a disadvantage (either they are bad or they lost at home to Cinci)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TipTow posted:

Nah, got a cooler coach now

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Biggest upset of the week is North Texas rolling UTSA.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

TipTow posted:

We're good enough to get there nearly every year. 120+ of FBS programs would kill to be us.

And besides, people in here were claiming we're going to get trucked in the SEC, nothing about the playoffs. Pathetic.

lmfao yes. yes. its very impressive that you and notre dame get thrown into the playoffs because its a money maker and the committee deems you worthy enough to get tossed into the thresher. its super impressive that you have more 63-28 results in your future - we can only hope OU loses by that much in the playoffs again

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Biggest upset of the week is North Texas rolling UTSA.

taking a break from talking poo poo: I'd be curious to know how much UTSA wanted that one.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

This OU trash talk will get funnier when Riley accepts the job at LSU and OU begins its descent to becoming Nebraska

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

taking a break from talking poo poo: I'd be curious to know how much UTSA wanted that one.

I would think an undefeated season would be a pretty major goal by this point!

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Brennan posted:

After multiple trips to WVU games at Norman and participating in your pathetic tailgates I would not in fact kill to be OU

I've never been to Morgantown, I hope to some day. From what I can tell it's absolutely beautiful with a lovely crowd. I'm sure it's a wonderful place to enjoy 6-6 and 7-5 seasons every year.

Metapod posted:

It is weird to me to see sooner haters act like Alabama and Georgia are the only 2 teams in the sec when there are others that exist and are all extremely dysfunctional

I get it, it's always good to see a top dog go down, people revel in it. My father-in-law, a good dude, is a massive Ohio State fan but I was cheering hard for Michigan today, it's all part of the fun. And the SEC has been deep for the last decade, it takes some time for narratives to readjust.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Nah, got a cooler coach now

When Lincoln decides to leave because he wants $15 million a year he's gonna become our coach.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Borsche69 posted:

lmfao yes. yes. its very impressive that you and notre dame get thrown into the playoffs because its a money maker and the committee deems you worthy enough to get tossed into the thresher. its super impressive that you have more 63-28 results in your future - we can only hope OU loses by that much in the playoffs again

lol yes OU, the program with the 25th most valuable fan base in the country, is the "money maker" the committee illuminati undeservingly stuffs into the playoffs every year

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

TipTow posted:

I've never been to Morgantown, I hope to some day. From what I can tell it's absolutely beautiful with a lovely crowd. I'm sure it's a wonderful place to enjoy 6-6 and 7-5 seasons every year.

You won't enjoy Morgantown because as a OU fan you don't know how to party

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

DC Murderverse posted:

They won’t as long as Cincy and Oklahoma State take care of business.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

TipTow posted:

lol yes OU, the program with the 25th most valuable fan base in the country, is the "money maker" the committee illuminati undeservingly stuffs into the playoffs every year

You can only call it deserved if they stop getting blown out in the first round lol

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

TipTow posted:

When Lincoln decides to leave because he wants $15 million a year he's gonna become our coach.

You're getting BoB and you're gonna like it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This is a very strange meltdown

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TipTow posted:

lol. lmao.

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

"lol" said Brennan, "lmao"

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Metapod posted:

This is a very strange meltdown

Who's melting down? I'm drunk and shitposting after an OU loss. Isn't that what the aftermath threads are for?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

TipTow posted:

Who's melting down? I'm drunk and shitposting after an OU loss. Isn't that what the aftermath threads are for?

OU is melting down man. Did you even watch the end of that game? THEY HAD IT! They had the win. And they let it get away!

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

Borsche69 posted:

OU is melting down man. Did you even watch the end of that game? THEY HAD IT! They had the win. And they let it get away!

Perfection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

I would think an undefeated season would be a pretty major goal by this point!

Yeah, but a conference championship is moreso IMO, especially since it's not like UTSA - much as I love them - has played that tough a schedule. People poked fun (unfairly) at the likes of UCF making a big deal of it and the AAC slate is decisively tougher than CUSA.

I highly doubt they outright tanked it, of course, just curious how much they were really thinking about UNT compared to WKU during the week.