Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Quinn Ewers in the portal, probably going back to a Texas school

I guess riding the bench at OSU is better than senior year of high school?

I'd probably skip my senior year for a million dollars in NIL money if I could

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I had no idea what he looked like.

I'm not saying he should definitely go to the other OSU, but it does seem like some things would fit.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1466919111976529927

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I guess riding the bench at OSU is better than senior year of high school?

HAHAHHAHAHA

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I wouldn’t go to a school that lost to Michigan let alone be on its football team

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I'm not saying he should definitely go to the other OSU, but it does seem like some things would fit.

drat look at that kids cut

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
This C-USA Championship is entertaining. Stupid amounts of offense. Expect to see plenty of offense in the PAC-12 Championship as well. But nothing like this.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Adun posted:

… Miami is in the ACC?

I meant that it could signal some crazy Dabo/Venables move to OU.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Frank O. Harris

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RestingB1tchFace posted:

This C-USA Championship is entertaining. Stupid amounts of offense. Expect to see plenty of offense in the PAC-12 Championship as well. But nothing like this.

Yeah, I mentioned in the Conference Champ game day thread that this is going to be a game of endurance. Whichever offense runs out of gas first.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

There's always App State and Coastal Carolina. That hair will find a home.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, I mentioned in the Conference Champ game day thread that this is going to be a game of endurance. Whichever offense runs out of gas first.

not lookin good for WKU right now

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
https://twitter.com/JackMacCFB/status/1466915478937427973

Who is this dude? Surely he doesn’t know anything right?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Disappointing Pie posted:

Matt ruhle seems like a barstool sports kinda guy

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Proteus Jones posted:

UTSA found their footing after a few crusty weeks.

Meanwhile.....Utah continues their rolling of Oregon. I played the over here.....because I think Oregon is going to empty their playbook and get some of their elite athletes the ball in unique way. Guess we'll see.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Elephanthead posted:

I wouldn’t go to a school that lost to Michigan let alone be on its football team

I dunno he seems into debasing himself if he's really looking at the longhorns

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Why would the Clemson AD ever go to Miami? That's such a huge step down.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
I hope the OU coaching search is just asking to see each coach's brisket.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Komet posted:

Reading between the lines, it seems like there is a lot of disfunction behind the scenes with the BOR and boosters, with the boosters and not a small amount of the BOR wanting to actually put a focus on sports. Maybe this is the first real shot in the salvo.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Komet posted:

They're paying $3m+/yr apparently

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Disappointing Pie posted:

He’s the producer of the Barstool college football podcast and he’s a loving idiot

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

UTSA might be winning CUSA in a blowout, but they lost to UNT, so how good are they really?

Utah beating the poo poo out of Oregon again. How soft must OSU be to lose to Oregon minus their best players?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hilltoppers trying to make this a game here.

UTSA rushed three and somehow let a guy get behind everyone. Possible TD a couple of plays later...nope he's short but they'll have the ball on the one.

e: oops not the GDT

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Julia killed it

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Alaois posted:

who among us has not made New Mexico State or Eastern Michigan perennial title contenders

I feel very vindicated in my childhood/teenage approach to playing the ncaa games right now.

gently caress I want it back so bad, but like the good espn 2k games and not anything ea touches because it's going to be a lovely madden clone and madden is already very rear end.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cool thing to do on the NCAA games is to make a crappy "cupcake" level team and replace a normal team with them giving them the same name and logo and everything and then see how long you can build them up into a champion, it was very amusing putting in a 1 star Texas team on NCAA '05 with players all sub-walk on quality and run the triple with them.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

the cool thing to do on the NCAA games is to make a crappy "cupcake" level team and replace a normal team with them giving them the same name and logo and everything and then see how long you can build them up into a champion, it was very amusing putting in a 1 star Texas team on NCAA '05 with players all sub-walk on quality and run the triple with them.

something i never appreciated about those old ps2 era games is the game lying to you in the create-a-team about the skill level of your players when picking your team type. it'd tell you your defense would be a like, B- and then when you go to the actual game your players stats would be D+ at best

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Alaois posted:

something i never appreciated about those old ps2 era games is the game lying to you in the create-a-team about the skill level of your players when picking your team type. it'd tell you your defense would be a like, B- and then when you go to the actual game your players stats would be D+ at best

i found that the trick was that, if you actually bothered to play the games that first year and get owned, your defensive stats would be pretty decent just because of playing five or six minute quarters and you could recruit at least some decent defensive guys and once you had a marginally fast CB you could just put him at quarterback and run the option out of the shotgun or just scramble and the computer absolutely could not stop that.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 4, 2021

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Grittybeard posted:

Lmao, good thing we decided not to recruit Allar over this dude only for him to not only jump a year then bounce. Get the bag, especially if the rumors are true that he needs starts next year to get his money, but goddamn is that bad luck for Ohio State right now.

On the other hand we plucked Devin Brown off of USC, so we have another blue chip QB for ‘22 and 3 scholarship guys on the roster for next year at least.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

The way stroud has played this year, it's a good move.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

TheGreyGhost posted:

Lmao, good thing we decided not to recruit Allar over this dude only for him to not only jump a year then bounce. Get the bag, especially if the rumors are true that he needs starts next year to get his money, but goddamn is that bad luck for Ohio State right now.

On the other hand we plucked Devin Brown off of USC, so we have another blue chip QB for ‘22 and 3 scholarship guys on the roster for next year at least.

I read something on the 247 board about a Penn State fan who had an OSU friend who was lamenting Ewers was never going to play a down for Ohio State because of the current depth chart.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Grittybeard posted:

What if Tate Martell, but with a mullet?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

yeah mullet kid wasn’t seeing the field barring an injury to stroud

a&m would be a cushy landing spot

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dude lookin' like a young Steve Irwin.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Alaois posted:

I would get top recruits and also do the weekly practice tasks, but my players wouldn't develop like they did for other teams. I still smoked everyone thanks to not playing on hard difficulty.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I don't know if A&M would be a good fit, given that Haynes King is the anointed starter and there's a 5 star QB (Conner Weigman) in the incoming class

Come to Houston, Quinn

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Oklahoma might need him next year depending g on if Williams stays or not. Norman isn't that far off from Joe Exotics old compound. If all else fails he could usurp the mantle of Tiger King for season 3.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I always forget about Whittingham, but yeah he's very underappreciated by CFB at large. Hard to believe he's been HBC there for like 16yrs now.

https://twitter.com/GuyHaberman/status/1466979393176158210?s=20

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
It's so depressing knowing that I'll have to deal with Dabo Swinney's existence for at least 30 more years

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

GD_American posted:

It's so depressing knowing that I'll have to deal with Dabo Swinney's existence for at least 30 more years

Look on the bright side: you might just live way less than 30 more years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/Pitt_FB/status/1466948419331805185?s=20