Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

DC Murderverse posted:

Lol Iowa is in the Big Ten Championship Game
:sotw:

G-Hawk posted:

The big 10 championship is much funnier than it seemed it would be 12 hours ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bedlam was bat-poo poo crazy. Hell, TODAY was bat-poo poo crazy.

I loved it all.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Brennan posted:

What bowl is Texas going to?

:thunk:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Borsche69 posted:

i'm a pessimist so its gonna loving be georgia, alabama, michigan, ohio state. okie and notre dame might mess around with it a little. no loving way they ever put cinci in it. its all about money.

There's no way they put *two* B1G teams in. They might, MIGHT also balk at two SEC teams, but yeah like you said the money is just too attractive with those two teams.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

facialimpediment posted:

Yup: http://www.winsipedia.com/iowa/vs/michigan

Recent history they are all long, painful slogs. Just how Iowa likes them!

Yeah, whether or not Iowa wins, it's most likely going to be a really frustrating and fatiguing watch.

Here's future Iowa in the title game:

PUNT
PUNT
FG
PUNT
SUPRISE PUNTER FUMBLE
PUNT
D GETS PICK-6
PUNT

IA time of possession: 38 minutes
Score: IA 10 - MI 13

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 28, 2021

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I've been thinking more about that Michigan win, and I think I've had a complete 180 on my attitude regarding Harbaugh. I had pretty much always viewed him as a blowhard, who constantly overpromised and underdelivered. I saw him through a cynical eye, believing his messaging was all about pumping up his reputation at the cost of his athletes and school. Between last year and this year, I think he had an epiphany or gained a little more humility or something. He took a contract that was definitely tilted more toward the university than himself what with around $3M cut from his projected salary pre-renewal. (If I recall he was projected to earn $7.5M until 2020 kind derailed him)

But after seeing his behavior during and after the game, I realized he loves his athletes and he loves that school. He crafted a plan that was almost perfect and then his kids executed it, and you can't get a team to pull together like that unless they love you back. And you know what, they've mostly been building toward this perfect moment the whole season. This isn't the best team in terms of raw talent compared to other years, but he built the best team you can get with the talent they have.

I guess I'm saying I no longer hate the dude like I used to. I mean as a rival team, I'll be rooting against them whenever they play Iowa, but I won't be mad if they win just sad Iowa loses (if they do). And if they do end up in the playoffs, I'll be pulling for them as representatives of the B1G. And it kind of feels good to no longer carry this low-grade antipathy toward him.

But tOSU? gently caress them with a rusty pole forever.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

First off, I didn't even know Madden was still alive.

Second, he ain't wrong. The Wolverines perpetrated a bloodbath in the 2nd half. Every possession led to a score.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Chucktesla posted:

Riley turned down the Arizona Cardinals but said yes to USC. Lol

I don't blame him. He's probably making way more than he'd get in the NFL and he doesn't have to deal with the bullshit of professional athlete egos and general front office fuckery.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bird in a Blender posted:

Let us not forget Tommy Tuberville's dine and dash.

That will never stop being the funniest thing to me.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Oh my god.

Is this new kind of Godwin?

https://twitter.com/toreybf/status/1465156061770485768?s=20

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

TipTow posted:

I'm pointing out how you are weirdly aggro about OU. I've been lurking and posting off-and-on in these threads for 15 years, and I remember things.

This the dumbest thing. You're just pissed because it's the team you happen to like. And that's ok, but to try to traffic cop the thread and claim you're the reasonable one is nuts.

We're college football fans. Of COURSE we're weirdly aggro about certain teams. For instance, I'll forever bait PSU about Sandusky and how they shouldn't even have a football program because of pedo enablement.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

It's hard not to get defensive when something bad happens like you lose to Kansas at home or your coach absconds to California in the middle of the night with half your coaching staff and all your good recruits and then the college football Eye of Sauron turns on your team

Sure, and I get that. But trying to King Canute the rising tide of shitposts is perhaps not the right reaction.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

dirty shrimp money posted:

pre:
98. Navy		3-9	-1.6228

Army is going to gutter stomp Navy this year.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

dirty shrimp money posted:

If we have all chalk except for Iowa pulling the upset - and I think that's possible - we get this:

pre:
1. Georgia		13-0	6.0988
2. Cincinnati		13-0	4.9143
3. Oklahoma State	12-1	4.6914
4. Iowa			11-2	4.5290

5. Alabama		11-2	4.4002
6. Ohio State		10-2	4.3762
7. Notre Dame		11-1	4.2469
And now we have pandemonium. Outside Georgia you have two P5 champions with legitimate claims (one with two losses though), the biggest brand in college football with one loss, two other major brands at two losses, and a G5. Who (besides Cincy) gets left out?

:pray:

Proud Christian Mom posted:

[...] Southern Cal just straight up poached an entire staff and recruiting class in one shot

That this happened has had me giggling all day

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 29, 2021

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

This dude WAS a personal injury lawyer. I saw WAS because apparently Bedlam broke his brain and he no longer has a job.

24 HOURS LATER

I only saw these screenshots. He ended up erasing all his social media presence after he got fired.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m conflicted. I definitely cringed at the joke and we’ve all probably made similar jokes here but did the dude really deserve to get fired over it?

This is assuming I’m correct in thinking he was referencing the basketball team plane crash from 20 or so years ago and not something else I’m not getting.

Yeah, there were actually two crashes if I'm recalling right. One in 2001 and one in 2010 or 2011 or something

I was a little torn on it at first too, but ultimately came to the conclusion that's it's probably still raw and painful for a lot of people in OK and kind of a dick thing to tweet. Especially minutes after the team he supported lost.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Nov 30, 2021

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Sash! posted:

As long as they are not made ex cathedra, because that may complicate audibles

I want to take a moment and appreciate this joke

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

mayodreams posted:

That Twitter thread is magic.

It really is

https://twitter.com/MarkEnnis/status/1466069531437281286?s=20

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Chucktesla posted:

Committing to USC, apparently

:boom:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Cthulu Carl posted:

The best part of this NIL stuff has been the weird sponsorships that have popped up.

Scented candles? Sure!
Local mower dealership? Hell yeah!
... Applebee's? Eeeeeehhhhhhhh.

Kick that burrito!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bird in a Blender posted:

How has Bob Rohrman not given some spots out to the Wildcats?

Because his grandkids will do it for Nana's chocolate chip cookies.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LLCoolJD posted:

Did anyone follow Kelly to LSU?

As far as I know, he's going to have to build a whole new staff. Everything I've read has indicated not one person wants to follow him and leave ND.

Which, given how toxic that asshat is, doesn't surprise me in the least.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Pobrecito posted:

https://twitter.com/BoardGeniuses/status/1466575845405822977

you heard it here first guys this thing is definitely a done deal

Holy poo poo, people are swallowing this as stone cold fact.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Sash! posted:

I think they reached too far with the Drake part.

Yeah. I mean I was side-eyeing it already, but when it got to Drake it's just too much at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RestingB1tchFace posted:

This C-USA Championship is entertaining. Stupid amounts of offense. Expect to see plenty of offense in the PAC-12 Championship as well. But nothing like this.

Yeah, I mentioned in the Conference Champ game day thread that this is going to be a game of endurance. Whichever offense runs out of gas first.