Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Christmas was cancelled for us a few days ago. Husband's anti-vaxx brother, sisters-in-law, 20 year old stepson, and our 12 niece and 9 year old nephew. Stepson was asked by husband's dad (referred to as grandpa here on out) if stepson wouldn't mind wearing a mask since stepson might have been around some covid positive people. Stepson tells grandpa "gently caress you" and flips him off.

Grandpa loses it over the blatant disrespect for a grandparent and then sister in law (a real bitch) jumps in to protect her poor son who couldn't have been out anywhere lately because he just got a DUI.

This is the part where husband and I walk in from a quick trip to the grocery store. Grandpa continues to tell sister-in-law off on her other bullshit that he had obviously been holding onto for a while but she needed to hear it. She takes the kids to the car. Husband's brother has a small spat with them for a bit but soon everyone is trying to figure out how to save Christmas

My instincts from being raised from frequently ruined big family holidays or weddings, etc take over and I start quietly piling they're presents by the door. The continued to find a way to fix Christmas but nope, bitch of a sister in law has too much pride. I feel like I used my experiences to move them along the shock process and into having fun sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU