Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

lol [video][/video]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

lol [video][/video]

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

lmfao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

lol [video][/video]

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

lol [video][/video]

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

lol [video][/video]

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

lol [video][/video]

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

lol [video][/video]

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

lol [video][/video]

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

lol [video][/video]

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

I think my phone did that in my pocket lol

Anyway it’s hard to find nowadays but Kamaitachi no Yoru is another good one. It’s a super famicom visual novel where you and some other guests are staying at a resort in the mountains in a snowstorm and a serial killer starts picking you off one by one. It’s got a really spooky atmosphere and good writing. They rereleased it on iOS as Banshees Las Cry but i never played it because it looked like they did a ton of rewriting, and I think it’s delisted now

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

lol [video][/video]

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

lol [video][/video]

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

lol [video][/video]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

lol [video][/video]

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

The Kins posted:

kemco did a lot of ports of western computer games to the nes. you probably know of their nes versions of Shadowgate, Uninvited and Deja Vu.

the one i like most is Rescue: The Embassy Mission, a game where you control a crack four-man counter-terror squad attempting to infiltrate and clear out an embassy taken over by terrorists. it's played out in multiple stages, ranging from a side-scrolling stealth game where you get your snipers into position around the building, a sniping mini-game to pre-emptively take out some of the terrorists, a weird rappelling mini-game you'll probably fail the first time you play, and a rough grid-based FPS when you're in the building itself. i don't think there's anything else like it on the nes, worth giving a quick shot

Loved the little scootch animation while rappelling

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

One of the best DOS racing games that nobody gave a poo poo about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzE-N26aZuE

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

when i was like 14 or 15 they made a free browser based multiplayer tie-in game for the tom cruise war of the worlds. basically you and 4 or so other people ran around trying to save refugees and fulfill objectives (usually finding supplies and fixing up an escape route or hiding place) without getting zapped by aliens. i got addicted to it with a couple of my friends. anyway the only evidence it ever existed is its trailer, which exists only on facebook.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Boofy posted:

when i was like 14 or 15 they made a free browser based multiplayer tie-in game for the tom cruise war of the worlds. basically you and 4 or so other people ran around trying to save refugees and fulfill objectives (usually finding supplies and fixing up an escape route or hiding place) without getting zapped by aliens. i got addicted to it with a couple of my friends. anyway the only evidence it ever existed is its trailer, which exists only on facebook.

This reminded me of a Transformers tower defense game I played the poo poo out of, and I don't even like Transformers. It was advertising one of the 00s movies. I found it on google but it's I can't find a playable version: Autobot Stronghold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpb_MmxXMCQ

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Boofy posted:

Oh nice! Browser based promotional games could be weirdly excellent quality, wonder if they were hiring talent better than the ad campaign deserved who decided to have fun with it. There was an excellent bowling game I think based on Crème Savers that had good challenge and fun multiplayer. There was one for the UPN show Seven Days that let you try to pilot a time machine that was also fun.

Sadly from the nature of the games very low chance they still exist anywhere, especially as they were probably flash based.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Boofy posted:

That’s cool as hell. This reminded me of the XBLA game “War of the Worlds” which was like, a side scrolling adventure/kinda action game. It was set in 1950s in England and was mostly in black and white, and the whole thing was narrated by Patrick Stewart. Even if the gameplay itself wasn’t like, anything really unique, the visual style and narration make it absolutely worth playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_OdFt8wrOg

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Hyrax Attack! posted:

There was an excellent bowling game I think based on Crème Savers that had good challenge and fun multiplayer.

Oh drat that dredges up ancient memories of playing a creme savers mini golf game when I was a kid. Haven’t thought about that, or creme savers in general, for a long time

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
on the subject of browser games, me and my friends played the gently caress out of a multiplayer bomberman ripoff at school. all u needed was one keyboard. numpad for one, wasd for the other. u could even go wild and do 4 players on one keyboard iirc. it was fun as hell.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
slime volleyball was/is the best browser game ever

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

4 player games that overload the cheap school keyboards and make inputs drop ftw

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

4 player games that overload the cheap school keyboards and make inputs drop ftw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

heehee posted:

Actually Quake Live and Ratz Instagib 1.0 were.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

trying to jack off posted:

frfr

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

heehee posted:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

What the hell is call id?

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

i tried to find footage of another long forgotten multiplayer game called infantry and holy poo poo all the videos are as late 90s-mid 00s as possible

Julius CSAR posted:

That’s cool as hell. This reminded me of the XBLA game “War of the Worlds” which was like, a side scrolling adventure/kinda action game. It was set in 1950s in England and was mostly in black and white, and the whole thing was narrated by Patrick Stewart. Even if the gameplay itself wasn’t like, anything really unique, the visual style and narration make it absolutely worth playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_OdFt8wrOg

this does look neat, i always dig another world style gameplay and the bleak visuals (really i'll go for anything related to war of the worlds. i read it when i was 8 and it melted my kid brain). the browser game was similar in that regard. most levels gave you a head start before the aliens showed up, so there was an eerie calm before the storm feeling for a couple of minutes. a couple levels were about arriving in untouched suburbs or towns and trying to stay ahead of the chaos, so in gameplay it translated to frantically running around and grabbing confused NPCs and food and shoving them all into your truck.

trying to find more stuff of either game on youtube with no success, but i did learn that for some reason, like 5 different war of the worlds games are in development now(?!)

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
they have a new war of the worlds remake going out soon too. their never giving up

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Fucker posted:

they have a new war of the worlds remake going out soon too. their never giving up

Yeah, like because Tom Cruise went through his bonkers jumping on couches phase as part of the press junket for the Spielberg version people still tend have mixed feelings about it, but in all honesty it is the best version that isn’t a book written by HG Wells or a radio play that made people think aliens were actually invading.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Spielberg version is pretty deece and Cruise is fine in it honestly

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

tom cruise kicks rear end in a bunch of movies, if i refused to watch movies starring insane scientologists im only left with movies starring secret pedophiles

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

RE: Browser Games what was your favorite Neopets browser game? I used to get a lot of moolah on Cheat! Heist

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Spielberg version is pretty deece and Cruise is fine in it honestly

I'd go as far as to say it's good compared to the last 10 years of turds lol.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

for some reason i remembered tim robbins being in that War of the Worlds but not tom cruise, lol. i remember it being fine when it came out. tom cruise is a nutcase but he's not a terrible actor all the time. i think his performance in rain man is pretty good.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I rewatched the Tom Cruise/Spielberg version a couple months back for the first time since I saw it in theaters and had a good time, it holds up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Plutonis posted:

RE: Browser Games what was your favorite Neopets browser game? I used to get a lot of moolah on Cheat! Heist

Big suck for Neoquest here