Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Caesar Saladin posted:

Its insanely cool to see how that just goes from some simple chords on the bass to a legit song, I've never seen anything like it

also I don't know why so many people are trying to ruin this thread

Because half the people here are so poisoned that the idea of someone enjoying Boomer music is threatening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I like George Harrison personally but his lyrics are dogshit

Most of my favorite Beatles songs are the ones Ringo wrote :catte:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Big Beef City posted:

They're famous for being famous and you're in love with them for no drat reason.
2/3'ds of their material or more sucks rear end and the rest isnt much better.
They're mass marketed and did well by it.

Why are you even reading this thread

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Big Beef City posted:

I feel like I'm being personally attacked for stating that the Beatles were a mass marketed pop item with zero substance and that people listening to them 60 years after the fact and trying to find relevance in them are the weird ones. But the thing is that I'm not wrong.

We get it, you resent your parents, literally everyone who makes this argument drills down to that.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I found some old Dick Cavett interviews with George and John and they're pretty entertaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU4Cct2aov8

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Post 9-11 Windows posted:

I dunno seems like a perfect place to remind people that the Beatles hit their wives instead of trying to whitewash their history.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Brolander posted:

dan "the man" carlin made the history come alive for me

much like Get Back transports us to a time when giant beatles roamed the earth

A Beatle bigger than Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The good stuff on the white album is elevated by the bad stuff.