Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I doubt there will be many.

Gonna be a lot of two point attempts and fourth down tries.

If the wind is blowing crazy from one way, we could see some truly insane punts, like some 90 yard punts, hypothetically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Watching Monday Night Countdown right now and a gust of wind nearly knocked over Suzy Kolber.

Tonight's game is gonna be fun!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1467994884963450880

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Wasn't planning on watching this game and I think my plans just changed.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
And we get Manningcast tonight!

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Kalli posted:

So what I'm hearing is that this game is going to loving own?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Well, my expert analysis is that in this degree of crazy weather it’s the team that seems blessed by Satan to have a disproportionate amount of lucky bounces and stupid luck benefit them that has the key advantage.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Playing in games like this was cited as a and maybe the reason the Bills drafted Josh Allen when few believed in him for good reason, so...this is going to be funny or vindicating one way or the other.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

This might be the kind of game where you can't really take much away from it.

Like I'm pumped for how miserable it looks up there, but basically this

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Clownball is back on the menu!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
If you play in a dome your team is a coward team and not to be respected.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

This is the gospel truth.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cowboys stadium is easily the most embarrassing. It CAN open up, but they never do it. Even when the weather is absolutely perfect! Why even give it the drat feature to open???

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Cowboys stadium is easily the most embarrassing. It CAN open up, but they never do it. Even when the weather is absolutely perfect! Why even give it the drat feature to open???

It can?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Texas Stadium with it's giantass hill in the middle of the field was the better stadium imo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If y'all never got the chance to be field level at Texas Stadium, it was something else. There was a two foot crown on the field. The middle of the field was 2 feet higher than the side lines. When moving laterally, you were either running uphill or downhill. It was the biggest crown in the NFL.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

seiferguy posted:

If the wind is blowing crazy from one way, we could see some truly insane punts, like some 90 yard punts, hypothetically.

The wind is blowing across the field, or was anyway

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

They must not have a father in charge of opening it because you know a dad would be cracking that open the instant the weather is approaching "nice" - even if it's during a game or the actual predicted nice weather is later in the day.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nodoze posted:

The wind is blowing across the field, or was anyway

Measure where to place the ball on the field by how many rows up the punt lands

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Hot Diggity! posted:

True but my rear end is warm instead of frostbit

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
This reminds me of the awesome lions eagles game in the snow where the teams tried to do extra points in the 1st quarter and it was impossible so the kickers hit the showers and it was a real man's man game where lasean McCoy set the eagles single game rushing record.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Domes make more sense in the south. Getting dressed up for a winter game is fun. Trying to stay cool in 100+ degree direct sunlight is basically impossible

That being said it still feels cowardly

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

sold

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/mattparrino/status/1468008018507968514?s=21

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Domes make more sense in the south. Getting dressed up for a winter game is fun. Trying to stay cool in 100+ degree direct sunlight is basically impossible

the cardinals used to play in an open air stadium and as a result never got a home game until almost october

dome is fine

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

https://twitter.com/ActionNetworkHQ/status/1468008385656369154

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

weatherchat brings up fond memories of watching winter football on tv in a desert city. the magic of watching some miserable fans huddling in the stands in a grey rust-belt stadium while wearing shorts and a tshirt. nice.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

:sickos:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

carry on then posted:

weatherchat brings up fond memories of watching winter football on tv in a desert city. the magic of watching some miserable fans huddling in the stands in a grey rust-belt stadium while wearing shorts and a tshirt. nice.

And also some real drunk kids actually men of any age just jumping around with no shirt on during a blizzard.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fartknocker posted:

Ugh, my boomer Dad is going to be annoyed by Manningcast just like he got annoyed with Red Zone...

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

It should be 4 down territory no matter what tonight, gently caress kicking field goals

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

How do I watch the manning cast?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How do I watch the manning cast?

Espn2 on tv or espn.com/watch

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
ESPN still laboring under delusions that MNF is the premier game.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Ugh, my boomer Dad is going to be annoyed by Manningcast just like he got annoyed with Red Zone...

:sever:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Asproigerosis posted:

This reminds me of the awesome lions eagles game in the snow where the teams tried to do extra points in the 1st quarter and it was impossible so the kickers hit the showers and it was a real man's man game where lasean McCoy set the eagles single game rushing record.

Desean Jackson nominally went to return punts but just stood there with his hands in his pockets since there was no real chance of a return

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Mr. Nice! posted:

Espn2 on tv or espn.com/watch

yes yes

perhaps you could direct me towards a different stream...

all the links I find are to regular espn :(

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

ESPN still laboring under delusions that MNF is the premier game.

You'd think the very network that decided to do triple Monday night games would understand how that may have devalued the game. Also the Thursday night and the easy access to all games regardless of broadcast market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

I had to stop buying Tulane season tickets because Yulman Stadium will kill you in September games.