Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The Ravens being kind of deceased but still effective made me think it would be cool if there was an advanced stat that interpreted a team's resiliency

Is there a way to quantify teams in terms of how good they are at surviving/enduring injuries to critical players.

Teams like the Titans and Ravens and even the Cardinals in some games seem to be able to keep up a level of effectiveness regardless of whose injured. I think maybe teams that are higher in resilience skew towards that run, teams with more depth vs top end talent, teams that run simpler defensive and offensive packages. Maybe there's a way to quantify that using this stupid science crap.

The Ravens are bizarre though. They are the only team that has an MVP QB that aren't particularly phased if he plays or is infected with disease, injured, or plays just part of the time and the other time shits himself violently in the locker room. They are a running based team that like is hemorrhaging running backs like just stacks of bodies but they are pretty much just fine and roll with it.

I think the Chargers would add so much data to this stat. I would need to dissect Bosa's corpse to really perfect it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Play posted:

Rarely does an entire game hinge on a single play as much as that one, mostly just due to the inclement conditions and how hard it was to get decent attempts down the field. That was their best chance and I actually stopped watching after that because i decided that was game, realistically. and in the end it was

The Bills had multiple chances both in the redzone and critical drops(hello Dawson Knox) to make major plays but if they had we wouldn't have Magic Pants spraying his cum everywhere.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

blarzgh posted:

Somehow, "hey, this newly available information says football has been wrong about certain things" became some weird football culture war and I truly don't understand why

You must be a killer at parties