Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Poohs Packin posted:

He shouts out Roni Size in that song

Yeah because he's coming full range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I got dragged to a Barenaked Ladies concert back in like 1999. I wound up enjoying the whole show and they were really fun on stage.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Barenaked Ladies has sucked since the most talented singer and writer of the band got kicked out for being a coke fiend

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
They were my favourite band from about age 11 to 14 and tbh I still listen to their first 6 or so albums fondly sometimes

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
311 sucks

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
I think their best song is probably the theme to Air Farce

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Examples of calls intended for 3-1-1 include:

abandoned vehicles in roadway
code and housing violations
dead animal removal
debris in roadway[citation needed]
graffiti removal
illegal burning
non-working streetlamps, parking meters, traffic lights
noise complaints
Parking Law Enforcement
Parks and recreation concerns
potholes, sinkholes and utility holes in streets
public safety concerns
rat or rodent infestation
reporting stolen vehicles

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ITS BEEN....

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Knormal posted:

Examples of calls intended for 3-1-1 include:

abandoned vehicles in roadway
code and housing violations
dead animal removal
debris in roadway[citation needed]
graffiti removal
illegal burning
non-working streetlamps, parking meters, traffic lights
noise complaints
Parking Law Enforcement
Parks and recreation concerns
potholes, sinkholes and utility holes in streets
public safety concerns
rat or rodent infestation
reporting stolen vehicles

Crazy to think that no one invented these calls until they decided to come original.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
After the success of One Week and Pinch Me they were like “huh people seem to like songs where Ed raps” so the lead single from album 6, Everything to Everyone, was a reggae-ish rap about getting postcards of chimpanzees, it fuckin sucked

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Nobody stopped to think “wait this is awful”, Steven Page was probably too coked up to care

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/N2cN0UV.mp4

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I saw 311 live on the lawn at an ampitheatre and got way way way too high on regular weed and was like "drat weve been here for like 2 hours when is this show over" and some ripped guy in harem pants was like 'ive been to 50 311 shows and theyve never played for less than 4 hours".

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Poohs Packin posted:

I saw 311 live on the lawn at an ampitheatre and got way way way too high on regular weed and was like "drat weve been here for like 2 hours when is this show over" and some ripped guy in harem pants was like 'ive been to 50 311 shows and theyve never played for less than 4 hours".

lol pwned

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Padical posted:

They are the worst band from the 90s. "Disappointing" doesn't even start to cover it!

Weezer exists and still makes music which makes them way worse imo

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

The blue album is pretty good and Pinkerton is a loving with a capital F loving masterpiece

Weezer hasn’t been that good since agreed but jeez worst band of the 90s is a stretch

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
As a fan of Smashing Pumpkins I feel I can take the high road on 90s bands...

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
A lap dance is so much better when the stripper is crying

They taught me that

Beefed Owl fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Dec 2, 2021

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

syntaxfunction posted:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

"Suckin and touchin and fuckin suckin and touchin and fuckin"

-The Weezers

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D-WVlRohQk

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vaginite posted:

The blue album is pretty good and Pinkerton is a loving with a capital F loving masterpiece

Weezer hasn’t been that good since agreed but jeez worst band of the 90s is a stretch

This is p much the generally agreed upon stance for Weezer. I saw them live back in the early aughts. Was happy they played mostly Blue, Green, and Pinkerton. (Green album has some good songs as well IMHO)

syntaxfunction posted:

Smashing Pumpkins is meh to me. I think they all right but not incredibly noteworthy. I did see them live once. I was there for the opening band Explosions in the Sky but stayed and wasn't ...unhappy with the performance at least.

Neither of these bands "suck" IMHO.. both WAY better than Bare Naked Ladies!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Explosions in the Sky is a great band

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Colonel Cancer posted:

Yeh, THEY are incredible.. if you like post rock.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Stephen Page is a still pretty popular in Canada

I know the cocaine arrest and getting caught busted having a threesome with a hooker is the reason they say he's out of the band but I think it's his wife. She was a fan that he met and ended up marrying and she's quite involved in his career and I think is even managing him now. I don't care what genre of music it is or how popular you are but anytime a band member lets their romantic partner start to give input on the band's direction its always a bad thing.

I do recall a story about how the mayor of Toronto banned them from playing a NYE gig at Nathan Phillips Square because of their name.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Yeah I think its wholesome and funny that a rockstar(?) got in trouble for partying. Something else going on.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

do you mean

AYITS BEEN

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 2, 2021

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

WHAT I CANT HEAR YOU

MY EARS ARE STILL RINGING FROM SEEING THIS ONE BAND AT COACHELLA LIKE 15 YEARS AGO

WHAT?

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Walrus posted:

WHAT I CANT HEAR YOU

MY EARS ARE STILL RINGING FROM SEEING THIS ONE BAND AT COACHELLA LIKE 15 YEARS AGO

WHAT?

What?! I just saw them again recently and their sound quality was amazing. AND they put me in a trance.. I wasn't even high.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok, I was high.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
NO IT WAS CRYSTAL CLEAR FOR A FESTIVAL JUST REALLY LOUD. LOUDER THAN I THOUGHT IT WAS POSSIBLE OR LEGAL FOR A CONCERT TO BE

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Hi Im Canada Im scandalized by the suggestion of female nudity excuse me while I disappear thousands of indigenous children.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

The Walrus posted:

NO IT WAS CRYSTAL CLEAR FOR A FESTIVAL JUST REALLY LOUD. LOUDER THAN I THOUGHT IT WAS POSSIBLE OR LEGAL FOR A CONCERT TO BE

Outdoor festivals/concerts are really where you especially have to be careful about damaging your hearing. I mean, you should always be wearing earplugs at shows (something I forget far too often), but outdoor shows are especially dangerous as the PA needs to be pushed significantly harder because there are no walls to contain and reflect that acoustic energy.

Like, a few years ago I went to see a famous Canadian dubstep bro, whose gimmick is that every year he tours with a more powerful PA. I think it was billed as 150,000 Watts that year. But it was in the Kool Haus, a mid-large venue where we probably weren't even hearing a third of that power - something for which I'm thankful, because 150kW would deafen everyone in the room. In contrast, he played some outdoor shows on that tour that definitely required more of that juice, and dubstep fans tend to be very stupid, hanging out directly in front of the bass bins and whatnot.

Anyway the BNL are quintessential Canadiana; quirky and eccentric comedy music that's largely inoffensive and radio-friendly. Who the gently caress still plays a standup bass?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Ballad of Gordon is something that sticks in my head to this day because it was played between cartoons I watched as a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtXoKOwTo2M

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mister Speaker posted:

Outdoor festivals/concerts are really where you especially have to be careful about damaging your hearing. I mean, you should always be wearing earplugs at shows (something I forget far too often), but outdoor shows are especially dangerous as the PA needs to be pushed significantly harder because there are no walls to contain and reflect that acoustic energy.

Thanks dad.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

The Walrus posted:

WHAT?!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cosmic Thing posted:

What?! I just saw them again recently and their sound quality was amazing. AND they put me in a trance.. I wasn't even high.

Did you come original.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The drippin wet hot sloppy dick slurpin sluts

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Poohs Packin posted:

The drippin wet hot sloppy dick slurpin sluts

Adbot