Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Two of my mum's siblings worked in the prison service, her sister and her brother. They are both good people, who have real empathy and speak with respect about the people who used to be under their care. Used to be, because they both quit very early after the job completely destroyed their mental and physical health. And they both have horrifying and predictable things to say about some of the folk they worked alongside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Angrymog posted:

Just want to pick people's brains on how likely an acquaintance is likely to get back into the country - he chose to fly back to the states for a family funeral.

He's American, and arrived here on a spousal visa with his wife (originally American, now has an EU nationality) in 2016. I'm presuming it got renewed sometime in 2018.

They split up in the covid times, and he finally, just under a year later moved out of the flat (via A&E ) and onto the sofa of a mutual friend.

Whilst the wife didn't tell the HO that they've split up, I can't see her bothering to have renewed the visa again, and I think it would have expired sometime this year.

He found a job in July (as a cleaner, so it's neither well paid nor 'skilled'), but I don't think it qualifies for a working visa. He's also still living on a sofa rather than having a permanent home.

Best case really is that he decides to stay in the states and we ship his various belongings to him, but if he decides to come back, is he likely to be able to get back in?

Cat Tax

If he overstayed his visa and got stuck, and doesn't have a current visa, then I'm not sure how he'd legally get back in. He might have to be naughty about it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Happy New Year, friends, thanks for the advice and support in general, you've been great.