Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
On the other hand, when schools are closed cases drop so maybe they oughta do that a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

ThomasPaine posted:

I can't imagine something more stressful than having to live with a fragile creature that I am fully responsible for and which also uses up all my money and free time and sleep while apparently on an endless mission to find new and exciting ways to put itself in mortal danger

I feel like a cat is a good alternative to this.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
If a terrorist sect was killing 150 people a day every day for nearly two years people would get up in arms but unfortunately a virus isn't a race (see also attempts to geographically source the virus/variants as inherently chinese/kentish/south african/indian/south american) so they don't care.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Our household of three all have this mystery cold too. I haven't left the house for weeks, they last left on the 23rd. They started getting cold symptoms on the 26th and I got them on the 27th. They've been getting negative LFTs even this morning (31st) and I'm assuming if they're still negative after the weekend (and definitely Monday) then it's for sure not-covid.

It's just weird and unsettling because it's so much like the omicron symptoms, yet I caught it and developed symptoms far too quickly considering I had to catch it from them while asymptomatic. 5-6 days into symptoms and 8 days minimum after exposure and still no positives just seems nutty.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
My current armchair theory is the cold symptoms are not covid itself but the immune response to stop it taking in the first place and all three of us being boosted is just surpressing the virus replication to undetectable levels so we never test positive.

But then how the gently caress did I catch enough of it so fast while gently caress all was happening with my cleanliness OCD but multiple tests still say no? It's like a locked room murder mystery.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I wonder if the "weird cold" a lot of people seem to be getting now is the same as the "weird cold" quite a lot of people (including me) had in Feb/very early Mar 2020 before Covid became an acknowledged (by the PTB anyway) as much of a thing in the UK but which those of us experienced it are mostly sure it was a brand of covid?

The symptoms folk are describing do seem to be very similar.

Oh I had this one too, I was just certain it wasn't Covid because it was primarily a runny nose one day, no cough, no fevers/chills (ironically only until weeks later though), and no loss of taste/smell - but I still got 6 months of post-viral nonsense out of it.