Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Needs a Moonlight Sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Gonzo McFee posted:

lmao Keith is surrounded by people who manipulate him with ease.

#freeKeir

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I can completely understand why people want to stay and fight. They feel (with some justification) that Labour belongs to them far more than it does to the briefcase wankers. Like Michael Bolton in Office Space - "Why should we leave? They're the ones that suck". It's not for me though, and even though I have an SCG MP (Apsana Begum) I'm not 100% sure I can turn out even to vote for her just because there's no way of marking my vote "in spite of, not because". If it came to it I'm not 100% sure at this point I could turn out to campaign for her in an alternative universe where the national party were good, just because it would involve interacting with the toxic shitbags of my CLP who have completely abandoned her.

I just wish we could somehow slip a history of the last 6 years back in time to 2015 Corbyn and Big John and tell them that they might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb and should have actually gone full Stalinist on the right. They'd have probably still lost in 2019 - I genuinely don't think there was a path to victory for them even without the dead weight of the Blairfuckers dragging them down in that particular election - but at least that loss would have been a sacrifice for a greater good rather than just a punchline.

(Incidentally that lovely local party is why I'd have actually had to leave before the next locals anyway, because there's no loving way I'm voting for any of that nest of loving vipers)

Is constituency work worth considering? Don't know about Begum in particular, but if an MP is providing great surgery service helping lots of people navigate hell-island bureaucracy, the replacement of that MP with someone useless would be detrimental to people in the constituency.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

Nice of the chancellor to fly back and eat at literally every restaurant to keep the sector afloat.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

The new Labour strategy is for Lib Dems to win enough seats to make Starmer deputy prime-minister.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

Call an election Alex. Go to the people in your time of need. They will love you and reward you if you speak to them. It'll be like when Winston went on the underground in that film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

keep punching joe posted:

Starting to think that Newsnight interview might've been a bad idea.

In 25 years there will be Questions about how it was arranged.