Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Barry Foster posted:

hahaha, yeah, that one was ridiculous. It's a shame, they were doing really well too.

My heart was in my mouth when they were going through the factory

Good news! He's trying again in Wales shortly. I think he said the videos will go up around Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Thread, I need your help/advice. A friend of mine has CFS/MS, and has been told by his mother (by text, no less) that she is moving up north and he will not be coming with her. Effectively, he will be made homeless in the next couple of weeks. Fortunately he has a brother (who is also estranged from their mother) in Farnborough who has found a spare room for him around the corner with his fiance's mother, but we all know stories of how temporary that arrangement can be, particularly with someone who most days is incapable of getting out of bed.

I'm not entirely sure if he's currently receiving PIP so obviously if he's not then that should be number 1 on his agenda, but beyond that and contacting Shelter, I'm not sure what other resources are still left in this dumb poo poo country to help him. Can anyone point me in the direction of anything that could help?

EvilHawk fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Dec 2, 2021

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Borrovan posted:

Sounds like he'd probably be considered vulnerable for the purpose of local authorities' obligation to house the homeless. There's info here. He should go to the Council and present himself as homeless. I did that once, I was a bit of a weird case but the Homelessness Prevention Officer was extremely cool & sorted out getting me the deposit & rent up front for a private let that I then paid for with housing benefit, I think I was on the streets for about 5 weeks total (ymmv, I am very white & middle class, lived in a posh area with a Labour Council, & basically physically turned up at the Council offices every day crying at people until someone took pity & sorted it all out). Probably important to make sure he doesn't give anyone the impression that the brother's fiance's mother-in-law (?!) situation is even semi-permanent, he should just say that he's sofa-surfing basically.

This isn't me as a person with legal training talking btw, it's me as a person who did this about 15 years ago, so he should definitely talk to Shelter for advice, this is like their bread and butter. I do have very limited professional experience dealing with homelessness though, & I'm pretty sure there's still legal aid available for housing issues in case the Council deny their obligation to house him, so he needs to get on Universal Credit immediately to make sure he qualifies for legal aid.

Thanks for this, I'll pass the info along.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Out of interest, does anyone have any idea why I might be blocked from going on the NHS website in Chrome? Works perfectly fine in Edge so I'm not IP blocked, and doesn't work in Chrome Incognito so probably not a cookie thing. I get an Access Denied message every time.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

If it's either of the two links you quoted in your post, I'm on Chrome and they both worked for me.
Clear cookies and try again maybe? Perhaps the site was having an off moment when you tried.

Definitely not a cookies issue. Very odd.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

BoJo is throwing his staff under the bus

edit: lmao he's denying a party took place

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Lol this was just asked in PMQs

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

So the Met aren't going to investigate the party due to "an absence of evidence", despite a) there literally being a video of people discussing it, one of whom resigned, and more importantly b) that's why you loving investigate you incompetent fascist pricks

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

smellmycheese posted:

Keith soaring in the polls thanks to his radical Green agenda apparently…

I genuinely have no idea what a Labour policy is right now. Are they actually giving any out or are they still saying that policies are wrong when opposition is ongoing.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Tory party is still not popular vote right? Gove probably is the dark horse candidate then, Truss might be popular with the rank and file but Gove was a journalist

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I need to cancel my first booster appointment, as my local authority texted me and I got an appointment two days earlier and about five minutes away. Score!

Similar thing happened to me this morning. Finally got the website to load to book an appointment in early Jan, and then got a text from my GP letting me book one for next Tuesday.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

It'll be something immensely boring and dull, probably a bumper "get vaccinated!" poster.

Nobody announces anything important in the newspapers any more.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Pistol_Pete posted:

The thing about the Omicron variant is that it's incredibly fast moving - I've been checking on the stats in South Africa and it looks like it's already peaked there, with cases now dropping off sharply and without mountains of dead bodies, healthcare system collapsing etc. I reckon in the UK, cases are going to peak over the next week and be dropping off in the same way by January. I don't know exactly what that implies for hospitalisations, what with our older population vs South Africa's, but a lockdown seems pretty pointless now, as the infections are baked in at this point.

(As an aside, I've been browing South African news websites before posting this and was surprised at just how little they mention Covid; there's stories about it but it's clearly not at the forefront of people's minds like it is here in the UK.)

I saw something in another thread about how the London infection rate has completely dropped off for Omnicron, but that did come with the caveat of weekend lag and issues testing etc.

Hospitalisations still haven't gone up significantly but as we're entering a period where elderly family members will be mixing with younger people who might be asymptomatic carriers, it's possible that we won't see the impact until early Jan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Happy new year thread I occasionally post in