Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I hate watching Taggart

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I think it was dara o'briain used to do a bit about how hosed it was on an evolutionary level that humans seem to have way more empathy for other species than their own

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Lady Gaza posted:

St Thomas’ Hospital in Westminster are doing boosters for anyone who had last dose more than 3 months ago, if any of you are round that way.

over 40s still isn't it? I'm working round the corner from there tomorrow but am only a sprightly 35.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

OwlFancier posted:

Who the gently caress is "las ketchup"?

ok grandpa we get it, you don't know what things are

(they sang a pop song with a gibberish chorus that got accused of satan worship)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I'm in the queue right now, under 40 walk in

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

its a limbo tournament to gain entry

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Convex posted:

I'm not sure why Barry had to leave exactly. I guess it's difficult to strike an effective balance of doomerism and chocolate orange humour.

read a climate change thread or something to fully shatter your mind into pieces so that you can confront any piece of political news with a shrug and maybe a lol or two

cast off your fears and worries friends, all is dust

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

fuctifino posted:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/510-million-to-crackdown-on-benefits-fraudsters

You can be sure there will be no such checking of dodgy PPE contracts

isn't the DWP entire expenditure like ~£180m a year? they could just hand that money out no strings to UC claimants and have it be a better investment

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Noxville posted:

£180 billion, not million

I blame monday morning

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

'everything I don't like is a nazi' - political discourse in 2021. I hate that all MP statements read like a search engine optimised set of buzzwords, like they're fishing by trial and error for the political konami code.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

day 1 of work from home and every single one of the office staff here have jumped on the train and come in to work instead lol. :crnasickos:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

OwlFancier posted:

Except for any job where you have to keep up a certification, you don't get to say "well I learned the regs in 1963 and I don't see why I need to learn anything else"

I have to learn new tech all the time for my job, and it's a pain in the arse but if it's what the company is doing I can hardly say "well I don't want to do that you need to keep using the old tech" and expect not to be fired if everyone else disagrees?

echoing this, I work in the electrical trade and every revision of every regs book is a 'do this to keep yourself compliant or you're fired' situation. also when I was involved in groundwater pumping work I had to have injections for polio, tetanus and hep. B, or I'd be kicked off the project.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

today I learned that you can self certify off work without a doctors note for 28(!) days.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

crispix posted:

nobody interested in my coin pusher machine terminology conundrum then

this question is a rider

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

SIDS is a pretty apt set of initials for him

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

keep punching joe posted:

I liked a good four track EP when I were a lad.

my last surviving one is twofold's hammer to the hornets nest, the rest have been lost to the ravages of time

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

forkboy84 posted:

Official UK Charts count them all as 1 apparently?

Kunts having half the top 25 is funnier than them having just #1 anyway

looking forward to next year's soft acoustic version for the m&s adverts

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

but it still has to be made in France, who will keep bottling it according to EU laws?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I have come to terms with the belief that I would probably just immediately capitulate to an intruder instead of entertaining an idea of slaying them with a broomstick

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

imo cases have been either been underreported or people who might usually regularly test have avoided testing entirely in order to not lose seeing family for christmas

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

is this a real wild occurrence of ~the chinese virus~ because lol if so

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hmm let's take a quick gander at this article, surely it won't take long to read

:eyepop:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

incredibly unrelated but someone reassure me that this isnt a plot point from Mercury Rising and doesn't have an answer:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Has anyone got any experience with mobile phones that offer dual apps (eg two separate whatsapp accounts on one phone)?

After nearly 6 years, I finally need to get a new smartphone but I do not want my work whatsapp on the same number as my personal whatsapp (so I muted the work group months ago and 'hide' online).

I'm pretty sure that any device that's been used to send or receive messages related to your job can later be searched by your employer on the pretext that you might have stored confidential information on it. Best to have a cheapo second device for work purposes imo, then you can turn it off and chuck it into a drawer at the end of the work day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

haopy new year goons, let's all celebrate next year huddled around a burning oil drum amongst the ashes of civilization