Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Eggman just said that we shouldn't cancel Christmas parties. So glad my work did cancel ours (and I was going to Billy no mates it under the pretense of staying home to watch our servers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

It was mentioned in the last thread with no follow-up, so does anyone know what is wrong with The Donkey Sanctuary as a charity?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I'd also like to know this as a very nice colleague of mine recently left to work there

Probably one of the few ways to work with equines and make a living out of it :P

They came to do a talk at my work in 2019, and we were all very disappointed that they hadn't brought a couple of donkeys - we have a nice quad that they could have graze on, but apparently donkeys are much less tolerant of travel than horses

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Latter isn't really a fault of the charity - donkeys are incredibly cute.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Borrovan posted:

Think how many people those donkeys could feed

I don't think any cultures eat donkeys as a matter of course - too useful, and if want a wierd skinny animal to eat there's always goats (which would also be ready to eat quicker)

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Taser's are pretty impressive though, aren't they? I thought he'd be down for longer though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Just want to pick people's brains on how likely an acquaintance is likely to get back into the country - he chose to fly back to the states for a family funeral.

He's American, and arrived here on a spousal visa with his wife (originally American, now has an EU nationality) in 2016. I'm presuming it got renewed sometime in 2018.

They split up in the covid times, and he finally, just under a year later moved out of the flat (via A&E ) and onto the sofa of a mutual friend.

Whilst the wife didn't tell the HO that they've split up, I can't see her bothering to have renewed the visa again, and I think it would have expired sometime this year.

He found a job in July (as a cleaner, so it's neither well paid nor 'skilled'), but I don't think it qualifies for a working visa. He's also still living on a sofa rather than having a permanent home.

Best case really is that he decides to stay in the states and we ship his various belongings to him, but if he decides to come back, is he likely to be able to get back in?

Cat Tax

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Dec 6, 2021