Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

if you live in a constituency with an SCG member or a would-be SCG Labour candidate, and you don't vote for them, you can go gently caress yourself.

Less than half of the SCG are any good. They don't even defend their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

WhatEvil posted:

https://twitter.com/GeorgeMonbiot/status/1469200734927433731?s=20

George Monbiot still generally a good egg. Can't ever, ever imagine any of the other Guardian melts doing this.

I dunno, rubbishing people who had problems with XR's 'lets' all get arrested' idea due to the disproportional affect it would have on non white middle class participants, then leaving (even as a white middle class man) the protests as soon as arrests started happening was a bit lovely.

George's articles and videos on climate change are very good. His political judgement is piss-poor and people pointing that doesn't mean their in a horrible cult.

I don't want to give him too much credit for backing away from a twitter argument, because ultimately he's still a lib who wants to gate-keep the left, he's just realised saying that gets him heat.

JoylessJester fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Dec 10, 2021

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Gove is a worryingly good civil service manager, and surprisingly good boss, fortunately his third rate Machiavellian bullshit has so far kept him out of real power. Because he’s fash.

Is that not based on his time in environment/justice, where he had no real interest and just listened to the civil servants? Where as he when he went into education it was a nightmare because he had 'opinions'?

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

I can see why people would be wary of compulsory medical procedures. With Tuskegee & Ice hysterectomies the US and Depo-Provera in Israel, you probably don't want to normalise the principle.

EDIT: To be clear I got my two doses and I'm getting my booster this week.

JoylessJester fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 14, 2021

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

I wanted Jon Robbins to be terrible, because a lot of his Friday afternoon radio-show is about people admitting to shameful things or having questions where Robbins plays the part of a know-it-all (which isn't really an act). But he was decent

I wanted him to to do badly because his radio shows quality is inversely related to how well his life is going.

EDIT: While discussing OXBRIDGE comedians I fell off of Richard Herring when he started inviting labour right wingers on his comedy podcast, but I gave a recent episode ago and his Stuart lee bashing asides seem much less light-hearted, did something happen recently?

JoylessJester fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 27, 2021

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Good news then, his fiancee left him!

Man dumped over xmas again. The last time this happened he got an Edinburgh award.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

I reckon and bear with me on this, that Prince Andrew might be an entitled posho who thought he was much smarter than he is.