Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Green Knight is a pretty great Christmas movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i hate marvel!!!!!!!!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Calm down Mr. Scorsese

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i hate marvel!!!!!!!!

So play as Capcom instead

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i hate marvel!!!!!!!!

Show us on the doll where the MCU touched you

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it touched me in the eyes, by showing me bad movies!!!!!!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i hate marvel!!!!!!!!

You have an entire forum in which to complain about the mcu

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

what's marvel

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i hate marvel!!!!!!!!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When's Mahvel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK8WdLsEO78

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

You have an entire forum in which to complain about the mcu

yeah its called "games"!!!!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Weedle posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Weedle posted:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwWLfY920Bk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7nw4cqiC6s&t=9s

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like MCU movies. I enjoy seeing it make has been directors upset.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

I like your posts

Thank you, I work very hard on t....wait

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ll add that to the list of normal reasons to like something

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They also extended that anime-themed trailer for Bionic Commando for the Wifearm Commando game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1N1nnJPQIc

lol

If I recall right, a large part of what happened with that game was SE loving over Grin real bad with something Final Fantasy related. God knows about the plot though lmao

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 1, 2021

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Weedle posted:

Valid points to consider, yes yes.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the gunk is the game that interests me the most this month. i've loved everything the Steamworld dev has put out to date

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

December is Endwalker + backlog month

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Help Im Alive posted:

December is Endwalker + backlog month

December is Halo month

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

december sounds bad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Raw Danger is one of the best Christmas video games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlP7A2WtniQ

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I hope to play many hours of Endwalker and Lost Judgment in December

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
13 Sentinels is the first visual novel type of game I've played and it's really addicting.

Are there scifi games in the similar genre on PS4? I'm sure there are but are they any good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

WaltherFeng posted:

13 Sentinels is the first visual novel type of game I've played and it's really addicting.

Are there scifi games in the similar genre on PS4? I'm sure there are but are they any good.

AI: The Somnium Files is a sci-fi murder mystery though it's much heavier on the humor, which some people don't like. I thought it was very funny but you need tolerance for immature sex jokes.

I believe the original Steins;Gate is on PS4 and that's probably my choice for a first "pure" visual novel though it comes with a "the protagonist's attitude changes after a bit" disclaimer

also it does the thing where route triggers are needlessly obtuse so you probably want a guide after getting your first ending

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 1, 2021

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
The Decemberists? No thank you!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

The Decemberists? No thank you!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RBA Starblade posted:

December is Halo month

Andrast posted:

december sounds bad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Halo's good folks

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
December is survival horror + tactical RPG month

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm fucken pumped for Chorus. It's probably gonna be terrible somehow but I LOVE 3D space shooty games, really not enough of those at all

Also Chorus is developed by Fish Labs which bites Everspace 2 quite a lot, it looks so similar. Everspace 2 is developed by Rockfish Games. Coincidence? Probably but it's pretty weird at the same time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czu1k-hcCzM

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Everspace was pretty ok, but I shouldn't have bought the dlc. I stopped almost immediately after.

I want more games that let you control frigates with autonomous drones to support you.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rarity posted:

December is survival horror + tactical RPG month

I've played the first couple of hours of tormented souls, it's a fairly charming b game with goofy enemies so far. I do think the in game map so should your location in rooms as the bigger ones with multiple camera angles can make it hard to orient yourself versus the map. I also don't know if going for of RE ink ribbon style limited saves hits as well with an infinite inventory ala silent hill.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm probably doing way too many RPGs this month, bought Operencia: The Stolen Sun for 9$ and also I've been playing Atelier Ryza. Plus, I'm planning on doing a 4 person co-op Tales of Berseria playthrough with 3 friends of mine. We'll see if we can actually do it regularly enough to finish, but here's hoping!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Hello thread! Playing A Link to the Past and I'm completely blown away by how good it is. At first I was like "it's a snes game for babies" (I grew up without consoles and I suppose I had some sour grapes or something) but it's so loving good. I decided to not play the first couple of zeldas, but OOT and then Majora's Mask are next after this. I also bought Metroid Dread, but I have to finish Super Metroid first which I'm also enjoying. Playing Don't Starve together, deep rock galactic, raft, 7dtd and stardew valley online with friends 2 days a week as well. When I have time I have a ton of other games to play since I bought a bunch in the steam sale.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i played super metroid for the first time this year and theres nothing like finding out that the boomers arent lying about how good a game is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Link to the Past is in fact great! For a long time it was my favorite Zelda, just because I really didn't like the 3D Zeldas anywhere near as much.

Nowadays I think I have to throw my hat in for OoT Randomizer. Bit of a cheat I guess, because it's not really an official Zelda game, but OoT lends itself to randomization so incredibly well. Better than pretty much any other game, really.